Alices birthday

Jonathan's POV

I wake up to the sun. It feels early but it's only 9:30. Alice groans in her sleep and turns to face me. Her arm gets thrown over my waist. I guess I'm not getting out any time soon since I'm not going to wake her up.  She is a really light sleeper.

I grab my phone from its charger on the nightstand and see a text from Clary. It says 'why didn't you tell me Alice's birthday is today?! You'd really tell jace and not me?!' She doesn't seem to happy. I text back with one hand since Alice is on my other arm. 'Sorry. I just found out the night we got here. I asked jace because I knew that if I asked you people would get suspicious if we both disappeared and they probably would be less suspicious if jace and I left for a few hours.'

Eventually Alice's eyes flutter open. She smiles. "Good morning darlin" I say. "Good morning" she says. "Happy birthday" I say. "Thanks" she says. "I got you something" I say. "You didn't have to. I'm really not expecting anything" she says. "I know, but I wanted to get you something" I say. I get off the bed and go grab the box from the bathroom closet. I go back to the bed and hand it to her. I didn't wrap it so she just lifts the lid. "Oh it's beautiful" she says looking at the charm bracelet. "I know you like clary's necklace. I wanted to get you something similar but different so I figured you might like something like this" I say. "I love it. Thank you" she says. She slips it on her right wrist and it fits perfectly. "Come on, lets go get breakfast" I say. She takes my hand and we walk out of our room.

Ours is the closest to the kitchen other than Clary and Jaces. "Pop tarts or cereal" I ask. "What kind" she asks. "Lucky charms, Froot Loops or s'mores pop tarts" I say. "Hard decision. I guess I'll have lucky charms today" she says. I pass her the box, a bowl, and the milk. I grab a pop tart out of the box and put it in the toaster. Simon and Izzy come out and grab a bowl and pour some Froot Loops for themselves.

Clary comes out of her room. "Ooh pop tarts thanks" she says and grabs them from my hands. "Hey" I say and snatch my pop tarts back. "But I'm hungry" she says. "Me too. Get your own" I say. I take my pop tarts to the counter. I go for the milk jug but Clary snatches it away. "You don't deserve milk" she says and puts it in the fridge. I stick my tongue out at her. She sticks hers back out at me. She grabs herself a pop tart out of the box and puts it into the toaster.

"Happy birthday" Clary says looking at Alice. She shoots me a glare and goes back to smiling for Alice. "Thanks" Alice says. "It's your birthday" Izzy asks. "Yeah. Apparently someone blabbed about it to everyone" Alice says looking at me. "It wasn't me. It must've been jace who told Clary" I say. "Figures" Alice says. "Well happy birthday Alice" Isabelle says. "Thanks" she says back.

Jace, Alec, and Magnus come and make their breakfast. "Magnus, can I talk to you after breakfast" Clary asks. "Yeah" he says.

We all eat breakfast then Clary says, "whoever is going go carting go get changed then we can go." "Wait so we're actually doing that" jace asks. "Yeah why not" Clary says.

Alice goes into our room and I follow her. "I miss bear" she says. "You do" I ask. "Yeah. It feels weird not having him around. I miss walking up and not having him in bed with us" she says. "Me too" I say.

"You are going go carting with us right" Alice asks sitting on the bed. "I don't know" I admit. "Please come. It will be fun. After that we can go to the pool or the beach" she says. "Okay okay fine, I'll go" I say. "Yay, let me get changed then we can meet Clary then go" she says. She goes into the closet and changes. (The closets at this condo are big enough that you can walk in and change inside. I have stayed at this same condo with my family before)

Clary POV

I slip on my tank top, shorts and my converse. I brush my teeth and leave the bedroom.