Logans birthday

"Clary wake up" I hear. I open my eyes to see my brother smiling at me. "Hey" I say. I sit up. "You want to go to breakfast" he asks. "Yeah just give me a minute" I say.

I slide off the bed and go into my closet. I decide to wear a pink top and black jeans.

Jonathan and I go down and wake Grace up and go get breakfast

Jonathan and I go down and wake Grace up and go get breakfast. I give Grace her bottle.

"So what are you doing today" Jonathan asks. "Logan is coming to spend the night tonight. Today's his birthday and I promised him he could spend the night. Until then I will probably be in my art room. What are you going to do" I tell him. "I don't know. I don't really have anything. What are you going to do in your art room" he asks. "It is really plain right now. I want to paint the walls" I tell him. "What color" he asks. "I don't know yet" I admit. "Hm well if you need any help I will be around here somewhere. I've got no where to go except the castle" Jonathan says.

Grace finishes her bottle and I start eating my own breakfast.

"Okay well how's things with you and Alice" I ask. Time for me to get into my brothers love life since I don't have much of one at the moment. "Stay out of my love life would ya" he says. "No messing with you is fun. Now tell me" I say all interested. "We are Fine. She's doing better at training. I'm hoping we can go do something later" he says. "I'm sure you can. If you get board you can see if she has something for you to do. I'm sure she does since she's always busy" I suggest. "Yeah I guess I could" he agree.

"Bear desperately needs a bath. He is starting to smell. Do we have anything to wash him down" Jonathan asks. I shrug. "You could probably just use regular soap. Where are you planning on giving him a bath" I ask. "I don't know. I will probably try to get him in my bathtub" he says. "I remember when I tried to give Chrissie a bath in the bathroom of the guest bathroom at my house, the one that's now moms house, and she fought me. She would not want to get in the bath, so have fun trying to get bear in the bath" I say. "Thanks I will try. Where was jace during all of that" he asks. "At the institute. This was before we got married, we were engaged but not married yet" I say. "Oh, that makes sense" he says.

We both finish our breakfast.

After breakfast I head up to my bedroom and get the key to my art room. I go down to the nursery and change Grace into some clothes since I didn't this morning. She is wearing yellow today. I pick up her blue baby pillow. I grab one of her toy rings. I take Grace and her blue baby pillow and toy to the art room.

As soon as I get in he room I lock the door behind me. I set down Graces baby pillow in the middle of the floor and set her down in the pillow. She looks up at me with her big blue eyes.

"Grace do you want to watch mommy paint the art rooms walls" I ask. She starts making baby noises. She waves her toy around.

I open a cabinet full of buckets of paint. I've got an idea. What if I painted the background of one of the walls black and when it dries I paint a lion on it.