Donuts and birthday presents

I hear my alarm on my phone go off. I look at the time. It's 6:15. I go and look through my drawers quietly do I don't wake jace up. I find a white polo shirt and jean shorts. I put them on and slip on my flip flops. I do my morning routine snd leave the condo.

I get in my car and drive to city donuts

I get in my car and drive to city donuts. I wait in line and get two dozen assorted donuts. I get cookies 'n cream, m&m topped donuts, vanilla, chocolate, and s'mores. I get a cookies and cream and a chocolate for me and pay for the donuts and go back to the condo.

By the time I get back it's 7:40. It's completely silent. I guess everyone is still asleep. I set the donuts on the counter and make myself some coffee. While I'm waiting on it to pour into the mug I sneak into the bedroom and quietly grab my book off the nightstand by my side of the bed. I leave through the laundry room careful not to wake anyone up. I get my coffee and go out to the deck. I sit down on one of the lounge chairs and drink my coffee and read some more of my book.

Eventually I hear, "you got donuts?" I look over my shoulder and see Alec. "Yeah" I say. "Mind if I sit out here with you? Everyone is inside and it's a little crowded" he says. "Sure" I say.

He comes and sits in the other set of chairs with me. "What time did you have to get up to get the donuts" he asks. "I got up at 6:15" I tell him. "That's really early" he says. He looks at my now empty coffee mug. "How many of those have you had" he asks. "Five" I say. "You definitely should be awake now" he says. "Yeah" I say.

I takes a bite of one of the donuts. "You're one of my favorite people now" he says. "Good to know" I say.

We sit out here until lunchtime. "I'm going to grab something to eat at he bar and go down to the beach, you want to join me? I'll ask the others too" I ask Alec. "Yeah sure" he says. We go inside. I put my empty mug in the sink and ask "do you guys want to get something to eat at the bar then go down to the beach?" They all agree and I go change.

Jace POV

"Jace I need your help" Jonathan says. "With what" I ask. "I found out last night that Alice's birthday is tomorrow. I need to get her something" he says. "that doesn't give us a lot of time" I say. "I know" he says.

"What did you have in mind" I ask. "I don't know. I mean she likes that necklace Clary has but I don't want to I don't want to copy you guys" he says. "I will go get clary's car keys and we can go over to tanger outlet. We can se if we can find her something there. We can leave after the others leave" I say. "Okay" he says.

We wait and the others finally leave after a while. I grab clary's let's off the counter and we pick up McDonalds for lunch. We ride to tanger outlet. "Where do you want to go first" I ask as we drive around. "Wherever you think we can find something like that necklace" Jonathan says. "I had her necklace made at Kay. We can try there" I say. I park the car, lock it and we go into the store.

"What can I do for you" the lady behind the desk asks. "I need to get a present for my girlfriends birthday" Jonathan says. "Okay, anything in particular" she asks. "Not really" Jonathan says. "I know you said not a necklace since you don't want to copy us, so what about a bracelet" I ask Jonathan. "Okay what do you have" Jonathan asks. "Here's a set of out most popular bracelets. We also have charm bracelets if you want to put one of those together" she says.