The next day

I wake up to my alarm going off. I'm so tired but if we go get breakfast I will make sure to get a strong coffee. I get out of the bed and brush my teeth and hair in the bathroom. I go to the closet and putt out a coffee colored blouse, black jacket, black pants, and some black heels.

                                 By the time I get dressed and ready it is 7:10

By the time I get dressed and ready it is 7:10. I have some time till she gets here. I pull out my phone and check they cameras. No lights are on which means no one is awake yet. I didn't think anyone would be. I pull out a sticky note out of the bag for last night and write 'hey guys. I had to leave early for an interview with a magazine. I should be back after lunch but I am not sure. I told you I would get you eventually jem, I just never said when.' I put the sticky note on the kitchen counter along with the donuts. I head out the door and go down to the lobby to look for Reagan's car.

I see a red Range Rover pull up and I get inside it. "Good morning clary. I'm sorry it is so early. I wanted to make sure we would have time to get there since it is a few hours away." "I totally understand. I appreciate it. Can we go get breakfast on the way?" "Yeah sure. I haven't had breakfast yet either. What did you do yesterday on your day off?" "I slept in, went swimming, went out for lunch, I worked on a dress design for Sherri hill, played a massive prank on someone who came with me." "Why did you do that?" "We had a little argument in the pool and I told him I would get him eventually and he didn't believe me." "Ah... what all did you do?" I listed off all the things I did last night. "And he doesn't know you did it?" "No, I did it all last night when everyone was asleep." "Wow, you are pretty creative." "Thanks" I say and look at my phone.

It is now 8:00. I check the cameras. I hit record. Tessa is awake and in the kitchen. She keeps her distance from the donuts not sure what would happen. Jem is asleep. Tessa starts walking towards the bedroom and opens the door. It opens all the way and the air horn goes off. He falls out of the bed because of the air horn shock. I start laughing. "What is so funny?" Reagan asks me. "I am watching the live video feed of my prank. The air horn just went off and scared who my target is so bad he fell out of the bed" I say laughing as I say it. I keep watching the feed. He is on the floor surrounded by balloons. He looks so confused and lost and out of it all at the same time. "What the angel just happened" he asks. "Well an air horn just went off and scared you so bad you fell out of the bed" Tessa tells him matter of factly. "Where did the balloons come from and why are they covering the bedroom floor?" "Not sure" she says. He looks so mad but confused at the same time. He gets off the floor and goes into the bathroom. "Oh sweet angel it stinks in here." He says looking like he is about to puke. I laugh again.

He walks out and finds Tessa. "Why in Raziel's name does it smell like raw sewage in the bathroom?" She shrugs and says "beats me. I didn't even go in here yet this morning. Just spray air freshener. It's in the cabinet under the sinks." He nods. He goes back in the bathroom again and grabs the so called air freshener, which is really the stinky fish spray. He sprays it and gags and almost pukes.

"Clary fray!" He yells realizing it was me who did it. Izzy warned him I would do something but he didn't pay that much attention apparently. "She is not here James" Tessa says softly and sweetly. "What do you mean she is not here?!" She hands him the sticky note. "I will get her when she gets back" he says sounding so mad. "You are starting to sound a little like Will you know." "Well good maybe all the years I spent with him will pay off. And who better to help with getting back at her than a herondale since I am apparently acting like one." "Jem I don't think-" "I'm going to wake jace up" jem says. Tessa grabs his hand before he walks out of her reach and says "no you are not. You will sit down and eat breakfast. Clary got donuts for us before she left. Calm down, go get a donut and eat breakfast." She says the last line firmly. "Yeah your right. I mean I'm being over dramatic. What can she possibly do to donuts." He nods.

"Where do you want to go get breakfast?"Reagan asks me. "I'm not sure, I don't really know Italy. I know someone who does" I say and look find jaces number on my phone. I know he is probably asleep but I am hungry. I call him. "Hi clary" he says sleepily. "Hey jace. I woke you up didn't I?" "Yeah. It's okay what do you need?" "Me and Reagan are on our way to the interview and we need breakfast. Where can we go? We aren't near the hotel anymore." "Hm.. there's café bravada. You could put it in your phone and go there. It is pretty good." "Okay thanks. I will look it up. You can go back to sleep. Sorry to wake you up. If you don't go to sleep DO NOT go in the kitchen. Jem is in there and he is going to drag you to do something to get back at me. If you do go into the kitchen do not eat the donuts either." "Yes clary, I remember. Do not eat the donuts or the apples" he mimics me saying not to eat the donuts or apples. "Well I'm going back to sleep for a little while" he says. "Okay," I smile and say "thanks jace. I love you." "Love you too" he says and hangs up.

"Jace said cafe bravada is good" I tell Reagan. We pull up to a stop light and she pulls out her phone and I'm guessing looks up the cafe. "It's about 15 minutes from here" she says. "Oh good" I say feeling both relieved and hungry. The light turns green. We start moving and she asks "who is jace?" "Jace is my boyfriend you saw the other day." "Oh okay that makes more sense. He is cute" she says. I smile and say "I know. He always has girls come up to him. He is so sweet and loves me more than my ex did." "When did you break up with you ex?" "A few weeks ago, but jace stayed with me. We got together after I broke up with my now ex. When jace first met him he became protective and kept an eye on me at all times he could." "Aww that is so sweet. We all want someone who is like that and I am glad you found yours." "Me too" I say and look out the window smiling.

We turn to see a small café with a sign that says café bravada. We both get out and walk in the building. The moment I open the door I am surrounded by the smell of coffee and some other really good smells. We walk up to the counter and I get a chocolate croissant, black coffee, and moonstruck eggs with fried Italian hot peppers. We sit down at a table to wait for our food. I am eager to try the moonstruck eggs.