Picking out the nursery

I wake up and see Jace still asleep. I just lay here. I feel something hard. I think little Grace just kicked. I smile. "Good morning beautiful" jace says. "Good morning" I say. I smile. "The sun hasn't come up so I think we still have a little while" he says. I nod. I get up and he pulls me back to the bed. I squeal. He pulls me into a hungry kiss. I return the kiss. "Wow. You are in a much better mood." "Mm hmm" is all I get and I break apart. "Is this because I read to you last night?" "Mm hmm" I get again kissing my neck. "Maybe I should do that more, ya think?" "Yes please" he says. I giggle. I grab the witchlight on the shelf across the room and I turn on all of the lights in the room. "You want me to read another chapter since we have a little while?" He nods. "Will that put you in a so much better mood and make you happy" I ask. He nods again. I open the book and start reading chapter 4. I read " it took Harry several days to get used to his strange new freedom. Never before had he been able to get up whenever he wanted to eat whatever he fancied. He could even go wherever he pleased, as long as it was in diagon alley, and as long as this cobbled street was packed with the most fascinating wizarding shops in the world, Harry had no desire to break his word to fudge and stray back into the muggle world. ..." I read the whole chapter. "Now we really have to get ready. You are training and going hunting with Alec and I'm going to pick out everything for the baby's nursery" I say. "Ugh... fine" he groans. I smile.

I get up and out of the bed fast so he can't pull me back again. As much as I want to stay in bed I really need to get out. I go to the closet and pick out a red shirt and scarf. I put on some black pants and boots. I walk out and I see Jace still in the bed. "Come on. You have to get up. You are going to spend the day with Alec remember?" "I remember I just don't want to get out of bed" he says. I walk over and grab both of his hands. I pull him up and out of the bed. I am careful not to use much strength because I don't want to hurt my baby. "Come on Jace. Go get dressed and we can head down to breakfast" I say. He slowly makes his way to the closet. While he is getting dressed I get into the bathroom and finish getting ready. I make sure to cover the scar on my cheek since I am leaving the castle. Jace comes in the bathroom soon and brushes through his beautiful golden curls. I grab my stele from the drawer in the nightstand and strap it to my waist.

"You ready to head down to breakfast" I ask. "Yeah. Lets go" He says. I open the door and we walk out and head down the stairs. "I want cinnamon rolls" I say. "We will get you some when we get down to breakfast" he says. "He keeps on smiling. I smile and link my fingers in his. When we reach the hallway at the bottom of the steps mom and Luke walk out of their room. Good so we are not the last ones out. Mom walks next to me. "Whats up with Jace? He seems in a really good mood this morning" she whispers. I lean over to her. "I read to him last night. It made him in a good mood this morning" I whisper. She smiles and softly nods. Luke looks at me like 'why is he in such a good mood?' We all know Jace is not a morning person. I mouth the words 'I will tell you in a minute'. He nods.

The four of us wonder into the dining hall. Jace and mom go sit down. I go up to Luke before he does and I tell him. "I read to him last night. I got tired of the whining. It put him in a good mood I guess" I say. "It doesn't take much to put him in a good mood does it" he says. "I guess not now that I found something he likes." We both go sit down. Food is brought to us. I start lining my plate with cinnamon rolls.

While they are talking I am happily eating my cinnamon rolls. We all sit here at the table and eat. Mom, And luke drink their coffee. And jace drinks hot chocolate since he doesn't like coffee. Man I miss coffee so much. I have been stuck with orange juice for right now. When Grace is born I will go on to get myself some coffee from Java Jones first before I leave to come back here. I add bacon, ham, and grits to my plate as well as more cinnamon rolls. When I finish We all get up and leave the dining room.

"Do I need to ride with you guys to the academy or can you find your way over there" Jace asks. "Its a long way over there. You want to come with us?" Luke asks. "Sure. Clary you go on. Take someone with you to help bring everything back here" he says. "Okay I will see you guys later" I say. I dissapear from their sight turning around the corner.

I find Charlotte talking to Oliver. I go up to them. "Hey you two. Can you to do me a favor?" I ask. "Sure. What can we do for you Mrs. Clary?" Oliver asks. "Can you two come with me? I have to go pick out things for the baby's nursery. I need someone to help me." "Sure. Are we leaving now?" Charlotte asks. "yeah I was planning to. I don't know how long this will take. I need to pick everything out" I say. They nod. I go to the office and grab some money from one of the cabinets. I also grab my phone from one of the drawers. It is next to Jace's phone.

We start walking down the castle hallways. We pass Jace still talking to mom and Luke. They all stop and look at me. As we pass by them I wave and we keep moving. Oliver and Charlotte following behind me. We walk outside into the front of the castle on the hill. "Where do you guys think we should go to get the stuff for the baby's nursery" I ask. I mean we do have the whole world to look. I can pretty much portal us anywhere. "How about... London" Charlotte suggests. "Okay" I say and open a portal to London. They walk in first then I follow and close it behind me. We show up on Blackfriars bridge. "Okay. We have till 7:00 to get back. Where should we go first to look" I say. "I know where we can go for baby clothes" Oliver says. He also tells us he is from London so he probably knows more about London and around here than we do. That explains his accent. I text Tessa. I say 'Guess where I am? I'm in London. I'm just here for the day. I'm picking out things or the nursery. Feel free to come. I could probably use your help with picking stuff out.' We start walking down the sidewalks. He leads us into a town with lots of stores. I get a text back. It says 'really?! I will talk to Jem right now to see if he will stay with Logan while I come. I would love to help you pick out things for the nursery'.

We go into a store that has tons of baby clothes. "I figured we could get this done first since it's easy" he says. "It's a good idea" I say. "Is it a girl or a boy" Charlotte asks. "Its a girl" I say. "Oh that's even better" she says. We find the baby girl clothes. We stay in here and pick out a bunch of clothes for my little girl. I pay for all of the clothes then I feel my phone again. Its from Tessa. It says 'I talked him into it. I can meet you at blackfriars bridge in a minute'. "We need to go back to the bridge. I can open a portal and we can put these bags through." They nod. With that said we head out of the store and start back toward the bridge.

I open a portal and we see the large castle. We Throw the bags in the portal and I close it. After I close it another one opens. Tessa comes through this one. "Tessa!" "Hey clary. Who is this?" "Oh, this is Charlotte Porter and this is Oliver Collins. Charlotte is one of my servants at the castle and Oliver is Jaces." I turn to look at Charlotte and Oliver. They both nod and smile at Tessa. "Guys this is Tessa Carstairs. She used to be Tessa gray. She is also from London. I invited her to come and help us pick things out" I tell them. "The Tessa gray" Oliver asks surprised. I nod. He looks at Tessa like he can't believe he is meeting her. She just smiles. "So what have you guys gotten already" she asks us. "Baby clothes. It's a girl so we need to pick things out for a girls nursery" I tell her. She nods. "Okay. There is a place down the street with lots of stuff for babies" Tessa tells me. I nod.

We start walking down the street with Tessa in the lead. I catch up to her. "So how's Jem and little Logan?" "They are both good. Logan keeps talking about you." I laugh. "Before I left he begged me to let him come with me. I had to tell him no. I haven't heard from you in months" she says. "Oh yeah. Sorry I forgot. We have decided to come over to New York in January. We both want to be back home when she is born." "Oh that's great. Logan will be so excited to see you. He just turned two. Have you picked out a name yet?" "Yeah. Jace picked it out. Her name is going to be Grace Anneliese Herondale." "Oh that's so pretty. I wonder who she will look like." "I don't know. Logan looks a lot like Jem" I say. "Yeah he does. It's surprising how much. You know it took me a while to get used to what Jem really looks like." "What do you mean?" "Well, when I met Jem neither me, will, Charlotte, Henry, or anyone saw what his natural hair and eye color was. Because of the yin fen. When we first saw him after he had started the transformation into a silent brother we started to see what it really looked like. I'm happy he is back to his self again. I wouldn't trade anything we have been through for anything in the world." I smile. "I'm glad. So how did he look different?" "The yin fen would change the color of his hair and his eyes. It made them silver. Not like Sebastian and valentines, that was white. Or like and old man, this was silver." "Wow" I say and She nods.

"This is the store" she says. She opens the door and we all walk in. There is lots of stuff for baby's in here. Cribs, rocking chairs, everything. We start looking to where the cradles are first. "This place has been open forever. This is actually where I got James and Lucy's baby things a long time ago" Tessa says. I find a white crib I like, it has a little canopy over part of it too. I also find a bunch of other things too. I find a chair and lamp for her room. I find a mirror that I think would look so good in her room. The walls are grey where we are going to put her room. I find a dresser and changing table. "I may end up having the walls repainted in Graces room" I say. "Well I would make sure whatever color you pick goes with these things" she says. "Is there anything behind the store" I ask. She shakes her head. "Good. Oliver, if I open a portal to the castle after I pay for everything, can you take it all through?" "I think so ma'am" he says. I smile.

I go to the counter. I pay for everything. It costs a lot it at lest. "Do you want us to have it delivered to your house or are you going to take everything now?" The lady behind the counter asks. "I'm going to take it now. I have someone here to help me" I say. She nods. "Okay Oliver grab something. Tessa or charlotte can help" I say. "Hold up. I did not say I would be lifting anything. I just said I was picking things out" Tessa says. "I will help" charlotte says. Her and Oliver grab the dresser and walk out. I hold the door open for the two of them. I open a portal back behind the store. They both take it though and come back. I stay by the portal just in case. They come back with a chair. They go back and forth between the store and the castle for an hour. "That's everything ma'am" Oliver says. "Thank you both. That helped a lot."
"Now, where should we go for lunch?" I ask. "Edilios " Tessa and Oliver say at the same time. Me and charlotte both exchange glances and giggle a little at the two of them. We both also agree to go. We decide to walk since the roads look busy and at a standstill. We have to walk a while but we eventually make it. I get a chicken salad sandwich and a water. The others order too. I pay for mine, Oliver's, and charlottes. When we get our food we sit down at a table. "Clary I'm sorry you had to watch me give birth a year ago. At least now you know what it's like for when you go through it" Tessa says. "That's true. It wasn't one of the best things I ever wanted to watch. I kept trying not to but every time I would try I just kept turning back." She gives a small laugh. "Wait you saw it" Oliver asks. "Yeah. It's not like I had much of a choice" I say. "Why? Were you helping?" Charlotte asks. "Oh no. I was stuck in the infirmary. I had just been brought back from being kidnapped. I had hurt my leg and ankle and couldn't move it. I was stuck in the bed. Jem came in With her and I had to sit through the whole thing" I say. Oliver and Charlotte both look at me wide eyed. "It's true. I and my little boy probably wouldn't even be here today if it wasn't for her. The same person who took her also wanted me. I was pregnant at the time." I nod. "Long story short, the person kept asking me where Tessa was. Every time I would tell him I didn't know or I wouldn't tell him he would hurt me. When I was saved and brought back we found out my knee was shattered along with my elbow, wrist, ankle, both feet and some ribs." I get flashbacks of what I went through. I see Ashtons face and him bringing down the whip. I see the demon playing with the knife all over me. It sends shudders all over my body.

Oliver just keeps looking at me wide eyed like he can't believe a word I just said. Charlotte just looks sad. "Oh mrs clary. You should never have had to go through that. I'm so sorry" Charlotte says. "It's alright. I'm okay now. I still have the scars and everything but I'm fine."