Looking for clary

Special shoutout to FallOutGirl948 for just being awesome and also inspiring me to update early.

You don't have to listen to the song above. It goes really well in my opinion with this chapter. I love the Backstreet Boys and found this song and figured it was perfect for this chapter.

I wake up with Alice still in my arms. Wait isn't she supposed to wake up early because of her job? She starts to stir. She smiles when she wakes up. "Hi Jonathan" she says. "Hi Alice" I say.

"Shouldn't you have gotten up much earlier than me this morning" I ask. She looks like she just realized something. "Yes. Oh my gosh I'm sorry. Breakfast may be a little late" she says. "It's okay Alice. I think I will just be eating in here this morning. You can stay in here and eat with me if you want to" I suggest. "Are you sure? What about Clary" she asks. "Clary....she left. I know she is safe but she is gone. She said hopefully it's not forever just for now" I tell her. We both sit up on the bed. "Do you know why she left" Alice asks. "No I asked but she just said she has to get Grace and leave for a while. She never said why" I tell her. "Oh, Well I have to go get you some breakfast. I'll see you later" she says. She walks out closing the door behind her.

I change my clothes and get ready for the day. A fire message appears on my bed. I pick it up and see it's from Clary. It says,

                'Jonathan
   I don't know if you'd really want to know why I left but I will tell you. But you have to promise me you won't go all big brother and kill the person when I tell you. Promise me. If you promise turn the letter over.'

I turn the paper over and keep reading.

'Okay so the reason why I left yesterday was because of jace. He told me he wasn't okay and I was the reason. He said whatever happened was because of me. He told me he regretted marrying me. He said that if Grace was never born none of this would have happened, whatever that means. And then he told me to get out. So I decided if he doesn't want me or Grace and he regrets us we would leave. Please don't bring this up to him. You can't tell anyone this. Please Jonathan. I don't want to think about what could happen to him and his 'perfect' reputation. Word can't get out about this. When I think it's safe I will reach out to you and meet up again. I do still love him even though he may not feel the same about me.

Oh I almost forgot, autumn is at the barn at the Herondale manor house. Can you take some food or something for her so she doesn't starve. I know you don't know where that is but it's one of the last ones where the manor houses are. It's a long way from the city.
      Anyway please keep this a secret. I love you Jonathan. Grace does too.
                               -love, Clary'

This makes me mad. I hate what he said to her. I will keep my promise though. I won't tell jace what she told me he said to her. He may not even remember what he said to her. I feel bad for her. She didn't deserve this. She has been through heartbreak and something like this already and she needed someone who could really on love her and take care of her. I hope wherever she is she gets what she needs.

I hear a knock on the door. I hide the note in one of my dresser drawers.

I open it expecting to see Alice. Instead it's jace. I internally roll my eyes. "Jace" I ask. I have no idea why he has come to me. "Jonathan I can't find Clary" he says sounding worried. "I know. She left yesterday" I tell him.

"Did she say where she was going" he asks. "No she didn't. She just said she needed to leave. She took Grace with her. She said it had something to do with you" I say. "Me" he asks surprised. So he doesn't remember what he said.