Recovery

Jace POV

I wake up and quickly get dressed. I have to go check on clary. My clary that I brought back home. She is safe.

I walk down to the infirmary and open the doors she is still asleep. Luke is looking at her with loving eyes. He sees me and walks over to me. "Hey I need to talk to you" he says. We go into the hallway and I say "has she woken up yet?" "She did last night." "Why didn't you tell me" I say. "Because she woke up at one in the morning. I was not going to wake everyone up. You both have needed to rest." "Oh ok. I get it."

"She is still really sore." "I bet. Whoever that guy was that was with her beat her pretty bad. She had scars, whip marks, and cuts all along her body when I found her." He winces as I say it. "She should never have had to have that happen to her. I just can't help but feel so bad for her" I say. "I know. I feel the same way. You can go see her" he says. I nod and walk in. I sit next to her. She sleeps soundlessly.

I sit here for 5 minutes before she wakes up. She smiles and winces but still smiles at me. "Hey" she says. "Hey clare, how you feeling?" "Everything hurts" she says. "I know it does. I'm sorry. I broke my promise. I left you and you got kidnapped." "Hey, it's not your fault. The clave called you. It's their fault you left and I was taken." I smile sadly at her. "My left wrist and my right knee is broken too" she says. "Magnus did not tell me that. I'm sorry love. He won't ever come after you again. I killed him and everyone on the boat. You were my number one priority on that boat. I'm not ever going to leave you again I promise." She looks at me and smiles. "I love you. I trust you" she says. "I love you too" I say and kiss her forehead. I get a couple of pillows from the other beds and prop up her leg since it is broken. "Thanks" she says. She lies here.

The door opens and her mom walks in. "Hey clary. Your finally awake. How do you feel?" She asks clary. "I'm really sore. I'm sorry mom." "Sorry for what? It's not your fault someone took you" Jocelyn says. "I know it's just I should have fought back. I should have been stronger." What is she talking about. "What do you mean clary. You couldn't move. You were chained to a wall when I found you" I say. Jocelyn sits down on the other side of clary. "Is that true clary?" She asks. Clary nods. "Oh baby. I'm sorry. I can't imagine what they did to you." She looks down at clary with sad sweet eyes and smiles. She looks at the scar across clarys cheek and says "you have been so brave and strong sweetheart. There wasn't much more you could have done." Clary nods. "Did Luke tell you what I am going to do today?" Clary nods and says "can you get in?" "No, do one of you have a key" she asks. "I have one. I will go get it. It's in my room" I say and walk out. I run up to my bedroom and grab the house key attached to my car keys. I unhook it and bring it back down to the infirmary. "Here" I say and hand her the key. "Thanks" she says to me, "you going to be alright clary?" She asks. "Yeah, I think so" clary says. Jocelyn turns to me and says "stay with her." "I will" I say and she walks out.

We talk for a long time. "I am sorry but I am hungry. I haven't eaten in two days" she says. I laugh and say "okay. I will go get you something. I will be right back" I say and leave the room.

Clary POV

I lie in the infirmary bed. I try to sit up but my stomach won't let me sit up all the way. I am still sitting up though. I don't have my necklace or anything with me.

Jace walks in with a plate of hash browns and a piece of bacon. He hands it to me. "You know me so well" I say smiling. I take a bite of it. It tastes so good. I eat everything.

"Hey can you text me mom for me and ask her to bring my sketchbook and phone. Tell her it's in my bedroom" I  ask. "Yeah" He says and text my mom. I feel a sharp pain in my stomach. I wince. "Hey you okay"he asks. "Yeah it's just my stomach hurts. With all that happened to me and it" I say. "Yeah. I get it" he says.

"You know, I was starting to loose hope that nobody would find me that y'all weren't looking" I say. "Of course I came. I couldn't stop thinking and worrying about you" he says. We talk and laugh some more about different things. I am glad to be back even though I am stuck in an infirmary bed. I probably will be for a long time.