Coronation day

I wake up to see the sun coming up. The birds are chirping. Jace is still asleep. I look at the clock. It says 7:50. I lie here for a few minutes till it turns 8:15. I turn over and nudge his shoulder. "Mm" he groans with his eyes still closed. "Come on jace you have to get up" I say sweetly. "No. I'm going to be a mundane today and sleep in till noon" he says still with his eyes closed. "As nice as that sounds you can't. You will miss the coronation if you do and breakfast." "Who cares" he mumbles. "Well if you get up I will go to the kitchen see if they can cut you up some m—" I say but he cuts me off. "Mangoes I'm up" he says a little more excited. "Good. I will go to the bathroom and after go find the kitchen for you" I say and get out of the bed. I walk over to the bathroom and pee and brush my teeth and hair.

I leave he bedroom and walk down the stairs. Chrissie follows me. I walk down the hall and people are rushing around to get ready for the coronation and the ball. We walk around curiously looking around. I find charlotte in the hallway. "Hey Charlotte I was looking for the kitchen. Where is it?" "Go down to the bottom floor of the castle and down the hall second door on the right. Do I need to take your dog out?" "Thanks. That would be great." I say and I tell chrissie to go with Charlotte.

Charlotte and chrissie go down the hall. I turn and keep going in the direction I was told. I find the stairs to the bottom floor and I go down a hallway. I find the second door on the right. I open it and see people cooking things. It smells good in here. "It smells good" I say. They turn and look at me. "Good morning Mrs. Clary, what can we do for you" one man asks me. "Good morning. I was wondering if for breakfast if there is any way you could put out some cut up mangoes with today's breakfast?" "Yes ma'am. I think we can do that" the same man says. "Would you like to taste test one of the desserts for the ball?" "Sure" I say. He brings me a little spoon. I taste it. It's creamy and melts into my mouth. "This is really good" I say with a big smile. "I'm glad you like it your highness." "I do. Thank you for the taste. And thanks for putting out the mangoes for breakfast" I say and turn to leave the kitchen.

I go up to the bedroom to find jace so we can both head over to breakfast since it's almost 8:30. I open the doors and find him sliding on some shoes. "They are going to give you some mangoes. You ready to go down to eat?" He smiles and nods. I hold out my hand and he takes it. He stands up. We both walk down. He sees the people walking around and stops. "What are all these people doing?" "Getting ready for the ball and our coronation." "Oh, that makes sense" he says and takes my hand.

We walk over to the dining hall. When we get here people come out of the side door and bring out tons of breakfast food. We sit down. I grab some bacon, French toast, and fruit and put it on my plate. Jace puts scrambled eggs, French toast, bacon and his mangoes on his plate. I eat and eat until I am sure I cannot eat another bite. Someone asks us if we are done and we say yes. He takes our plate and we walk out of the room and we walk to our bedroom.

When we reach the bedroom I head to the closet. I lay out the dresses on the bed. "Which one" I ask. He looks at the dresses for a while. "This one" he says pointing to the light blue one. "Ok thanks" I say and go hang the other two up. "I'm going to shower before I get ready for the coronation" I say. I go into the closet and pull out a black and white suit for jace. I lay it on the bed. "Do I have to wear this" he whines. "Yes but not very much. You don't have to put it on right now but you will before we have to head down to the throne room for the coronation" I say. I walk into the bathroom before he can argue back. I turn the shower on and hop in. I make sure to shower for a while and take my time. When I get out I wrap myself in a towel and walk out. I see Jace sitting on one of the couches. "You can get in if you're going to take a shower" I say and walk in the closet. I change into a t shirt and shorts. I will put the dress on just before the coronation since I don't want to get it messed up or dirty.

I walk back out and I hear the shower going. I walk out to the balcony and look out. The shower goes on for a while and cuts off. I wait a little bit and he comes out. His hair still wet. I guess he had a change Of clothes since he is dressed in normal clothes. I walk over and sit on one of the couches. He sits next to me. "I have a question." "What is it love?" "How do you shower with wings?" He smiles and says "it takes a long time. I wash myself like normal but I also have to wash the feathers. It takes longer than you think" he says. "So that's why you have been taking long showers once a week" I say. He nods. "So how were your mangoes this morning?" "They were great" he says happy. "Good I'm glad" I say. I give him a short little kiss before heading into the bathroom.

I don't close the door. I look through the cabinets for a hair dryer. I dry my hair. I turn it off and brush through my hair. Jace takes the hair dryer and dries his. When he turns it off I look at him like 'why are you towel drying your hair?' "What you think all of this Beautifulness" pointing to his hair "happens all on its own?" I smile. I continue to brush my hair. I put some concealer on and cover the scar on my cheek. "Why are you covering your scar" he asks. "Because, for the coronation I shouldn't show it. I will uncover it until I need to cover it back again" I say. "But you look beautiful even with it." "Aww... your so sweet. Thank you. I still should probably cover it up. Unfortunately other people don't feel the same way" I cover it up all the way so it's not even showing. I sigh and say "much better."

I walk out of the bathroom. "We still have plenty of time till lunch. I don't know if it's a good idea to go downstairs since they are working on setting everything up. You want me to read some more of the book?" He smiles and his face lights up. He nods.