Ch. 1 Knowledge

"Rebecca," my mother called me. I rushed down the stairs into the living room. I froze seeing my mother talking with a woman.

"Yes mom?" I asked as the woman faced me with her lips parted.

"She looks just like him," she told my mother.

"I know Sapphire," my mother said.

"She's strong," Sapphire said as I looked between them in confusion. Who was this woman and who did I resemble?

"Rebecca this is your aunt Sapphire," my mother said as my eyes widened. I had an aunt and I never knew.

"Not to be rude but why are you here?" I asked skeptically.

"My life is calmer now and I want to be a part of you and your sister's lives. I can't believe how much you look like my brother," Sapphire said as I ran my fingers through my golden hair.

"I have to leave because I have an Alpha meeting but I'll be back in an hour," my mother smiled walking from the room leaving me with Sapphire. I leaned against the wall as Sapphire just watched me.

"Do you know what you are?" Sapphire asked after a minute.

"A Lycan," I said as she winced.

"Yes and no. Rebecca you are so much more than a Lycan. You are what they call a Gemini Lycan and your violet gaze gives your strength away," Sapphire said as I stood straighter.

"But I can't be. I have never turned except on a full moon," I muttered as she took my hand. I felt a hum of magic dance across my skin before she gasped.

"I can't believe it. You repressed the first time you turned," Sapphire said as I bit my lip nervously.

"What do you mean?" I asked as she sighed.

"You should ask your mother to explain when you turned. It's not my place to tell you about that experience," Sapphire said when I heard a door slam followed by my sister tossing down her gym bag.

"Ariana," I called as she walked into the living room. "This is our aunt Sapphire."

"I'm sorry what now," she said her eyes flashing violet before turning brown once more.

"Yeah we have an aunt and apparently she thinks we are Gemini Lycans," I said as Ariana laughed.

"Yeah right," she said pulling her dark hair out of a bun.

"You are, Ariana," Sapphire said firmly.

"I need to sit down," I said my head still reeling from the new knowledge. I sat down on the couch as Ariana just stood there frozen in shock. We sat in silence until my mother returned.

"Mom," Ariana snapped harshly. "When were you going to tell us?"

"Damn it Sapphire," my mom groaned as Sapphire crossed her arms.

"It's dangerous to hide this from them," Sapphire said firmly.

"I was going to wait until you were adults to protect you," my mother said as Ariana got to her feet storming up to our room. The door banged shut making my mother jump. Sapphire wasn't surprised my sister reacted that way.

"What happened when I first turned?" I asked softly.

"Hunters had attacked the pack. One slipped past the defenses and reached for you. You grew scared and angry so you turned. He stabbed your shoulder but you ripped his throat out," my mother said not sparing any detail. I think she wanted to scare me away from my power. I got to my feet facing Sapphire.

"Can you tell me more about my powers?" I asked as she nodded.

"As a Gemini you can turn at will and are slightly faster and stronger than the other Lycans. You are guaranteed a position as Alpha because of this ability. You are the best way to protect a pack from harm," Sapphire told me as I just took her words in.

"Excuse me," I said stepping outside. If I was a Gemini I should be able to transform right now. I closed my eyes focusing on the strength inside me and then my bones cracked reforming in the shape of my Lycan. I stood on all fours and knew there was no denying what I was.

"Rebecca!" My mother screamed causing me to turn human again.

"I needed to see if I could," I said as she crossed her arms with anger in her gaze.

"Never do that again," she growled as I glared.

"I have a right to use my power and you can't stop me!" I spat rushing past her and into my room. I shut the door locking it. I flopped on my bed as my sister stared at the ceiling not even acknowledging my presence. I never argued with my mom but this time she had ridiculous expectations. "We are Gemini and mom hates it," I said to Ariana.

"How do you know?" She asked turning her attention to me.

"I shifted and mom freaked out. She ordered me never to do it again," I said bitterly. Ariana sat on her bed as I sighed. "You have no idea how great it felt to know that I can actually be of use to the pack. I felt so useless before."

"Then don't listen to her Becca," Ariana said firmly. "If you need to turn to fill your life with meaning don't worry about what she says. I'll support you no matter what. We are in this together no matter what."

"Thanks Ari," I smiled getting to my feet. I wrapped my arms around her and was glad to have her in my life. Ariana was the only person who understood me completely.

"Now that we got that out of the way, how was turning?" She asked as I beamed.

"Turning was unlike anything I have felt before. I didn't even struggle turning at all and when I was a Lycan I felt powerful," I told her a smile playing at my lips. Ariana's gaze sparked with interest as I spent the rest of the night filling in Ariana about all that I had learned today. After hours of talking we turned out the lights drifting to sleep.