Ch. 2 Training

I woke the next morning to someone knocking on the door. I jumped to my feet rushing to open the door.

"Sapphire," I said as she smiled.

"Rebecca, I was wondering if you would like me to help train you?" She asked as I nodded. "Okay get dressed and meet me at the training center in ten." I shut the door grabbing black workout pants and a blue workout tank top. I pulled my blond hair into a ponytail before I woke Ariana.

"I'm going to the training center with Sapphire. Would you like to come?" I asked her as she nodded. She scrambled out of bed pulling on black shorts and a white t-shirt. I pulled my sneakers on before walking out of the house. I entered the gym followed my Ariana. Sapphire stood there with one of our best fighters waiting for us.

"You are late," she said firmly.

"Sorry but Ariana wanted to come," I said as she nodded.

"Do you know how to turn?" She asked as I nodded. Ariana shook her head as Sapphire sat on the bleachers.

"I'll walk you through it," I said quickly before standing ten feet away from her. "Close your eyes. Think about your strength and let that fill you completely and don't think about anything else." I watched as she fell to her hands and knees her eyes glowing purple as her bones snapped forming a giant sandy brown Lycan before me. I smirked before shifting as well.

"This is so cool," she snarled to me.

"I told you," I barked as she turned human. I reluctantly followed her back to my human form.

"Now Henry is going to teach you hand to hand combat since he can't turn today," Sapphire said as he tossed me a wooden bar. I gasped as he sprinted at me swinging his own wood pole. I crumbled to the ground as the wood smacked against my left side. I whimpered staying on the ground.

"Becca," Ari gasped rushing to my side. Henry just watched as I struggled to my feet. I winced my ribs throbbing in pain.

"Didn't your mother train you at all?" Sapphire asked her eyes filled with irritation.

"No she didn't," I said as Ari helped me to the bench. I sat down as Henry gripped his wooden pole.

"Rebecca take a break Ariana get back in there," Sapphire said as Ariana shot me an apologetic look before sprinting to the middle of the gym. While I was sad I couldn't keep training I felt glad Ariana was. I watched as  Henry swung at Ari but she blocked his blow quickly. She moved fluidly as if she and the pole were connected. She stepped right nailing a blow on Henry's right side. He winced but stayed standing. He knocked her feet out from under her but she instantly hit him in the face with the wooden object. He stumbled back as a thin line of blood formed on his cheek. He touched the cut with disbelief. My sister enjoyed sports so her reflexes were heightened even for a Lycan. She got to her feet as I clapped for her.

"I'm impressed. I have never met anyone who had as much natural talent as you do Ariana," Henry said with a slight smirk. I got to my feet as my pain began to fade. Thank goodness for rapid healing. I took the pole from my sister as Henry took a swing. I dodged his pole before taking aim for his side. He blocked me leaning into me. I stood firmly holding the wood back. My legs pulsed with strength before I finally knocked him back. I breathed heavily as Henry got up. "You are improving."

"Thanks," I said as he led us outside. He handed me a gun. This is the safety make sure that's off before you try to shoot. I gripped the gun up aiming at the target. I held my breath pulling the trigger. The bullet missed the target completely.

"When you squeeze the trigger breathe out," Henry said as I took aim once more. I took in a breath before releasing it as I pulled the trigger. I bullet hit the edge of the target. The next time I took a shot I hit the center. My accuracy improved with each try. I emptied the clip into the target before handing the gun back to Henry.

"My turn," Ariana said. She took the gun loading the new clip. She aimed hitting the center with every shot. She had been hunting with her ex boyfriend a lot last year. She learned to love hunting but when they broke up she grew to hate hunting. Even though she hated hunting she was good at it. Seems she hadn't forgotten how to shoot.

"I need a drink," I said rushing to the drinking fountain. I pushed the button sipping water. My body glistened with sweat as I rushed back to the group.

"Okay we are done for today but I want to see you guys tomorrow at 5 am," Henry said as I nodded. Ariana groaned, she despised getting up early. I draped my arm around her shoulders as we walked back toward the house. Sapphire stayed with Henry to discuss how to proceed with our training.

"That was fun," I smiled as she rolled her eyes.

"Only you would enjoy getting knocked on your ass!" She smirked.

"Shut up," I said as we entered the house. "I can't wait for tomorrow!" I walked to the kitchen grabbing the leftover pizza eating it cold.

"I have never understood how you could like cold pizza," Ari said putting two pieces in the microwave.

"Because it's amazing," I laughed sitting at the kitchen island. I finished two pieces before grabbing a pop. I downed the drink quickly before heading up to my room. I couldn't help the grin on my face knowing tomorrow I would be able to train again. I was a Gemini Lycan and no one could take that from me.