Ch. 28 Little

"When would you like to take Rick out?" I asked Henry.

"I think by noon today," Henry said as I nodded.

"I am going to have Van heal me first though. I don't want to be the weak link," I muttered before calling for Van.

"What's up Becca?" Van asked as I turned toward him.

"I need you to heal me please," I said calmly. Van healed me rather quickly. "Thank you." I rushed into my bedroom pulling on jeans and a pink tank top. I grabbed an ear piece putting it in my left ear. I picked up my phone setting up a meeting with Rick.

"Miss me?" Rick said sarcastically.

"Meet me in twenty minutes at the clearing. I want a truce," I said firmly.

"Can't wait," Rick said as I hung up.

"You ready to end this?" Henry asked as I nodded. I couldn't shake the feeling in the pit of my stomach, the feeling that this was far from over.

"I love you," I said to Henry before pressing my lips to his. The warmth filled me as my heart raced. Only Henry could alter every fiber of my being with one touch. I pulled away reluctantly. I wanted nothing more than to stay in his arms forever but I couldn't. We walked out of the apartment and to our vehicles.

"I love you," Henry said firmly. "Be careful."

"I promise," I said getting into my car as Henry left in his. I parked in the middle of the clearing getting out of the car. I waited on the hood of the car patiently for Rick to show up. I hopped to my feet as my phone rang.

"Rebecca. I am scared," a little girl said as my heart pounded. It was Katie, Ben's little sister who I had gotten close to during my time with Ben.

"Katie," I muttered. "What's wrong?"

"There are a lot of Lycans and they are looking for me," Katie cried as I noticed Rick about to step into the clearing. Rick was the only one who might know where she is. Even if I left now I wouldn't get to Katie in time. I moved my body in front of Rick blocking Henry's shot. Katie didn't deserve to die, she was nothing but sweet and kind. She was innocent.

"Becca, you are in the way of my shot," Henry said through the ear piece.

"Call them off," I snapped harshly as Rick laughed.

"Why should I?" He asked as I stiffened.

"Because I am the only thing standing between you and a bullet," I growled as Rick grabbed my arm.

"Come with me and my men will leave the child alone," Rick whispered in my ear.

"Fine but pull them out first," I demanded. Rick sighed before pulling his phone out.

"Boys we are done there," Rick said firmly.

"Katie, did they leave?" I asked her.

"Yes, when are you coming?" She asked as I hung up. Rick draped his arm around me leading me into the thick woods. I slipped my ear piece out tossing it onto the grass. We reached his truck. I climbed into the passenger side without a fight.

"Where are you taking me?" I asked flatly.

"To our new facility," Rick murmured as we drove down the dirt road. Rick parked the truck getting out. He gripped my right bicep yanking me from the vehicle. Rick dragged me into the building as I looked around. I started counting how many people he had left, ten. He tossed me onto the couch roughly. "You are the perfect bait. The council will come for you and we can end the only threat."

"Why would they come for me? I'm nothing to them," I spat as he laughed.

"They would rather have you dead than in our possession," Rick snapped harshly.

"They won't fall for this," I said as he rushed forward grabbing my throat.

"Doesn't matter, either way I have you," Rick said before releasing me. I rubbed my throat before turning my gaze on Rick. "Your blood is so valuable to us."

"Why is my blood so valuable? Your serum doesn't even work," I spat when my phone rang. Rick ran forward pulling my phone out of my pocket.

"Hey William or is it Henry? You have so many names I can't keep up," Rick mocked him. I sat rigidly on the couch resisting the urge to snatch my phone back.

"Give her back," Henry yelled at Rick.

"Sure, if she wants to leave you can have her," Rick said handing me the phone. Tears filled my eyes as Rick smirked at me.

"Forget me Henry," I said softly trying to mask my pain. "I belong with Rick." I hung up quickly before Henry could try talk me out of staying.

"Now, let's go," Rick said pulling me to my feet. I followed him deep into the new facility and into a lab.

"You got her," a man smiled approaching us.

"Take her blood," Rick said as fear rushed through me. I couldn't let him figure out why the serum didn't work. I struggled as Rick pinned my right arm down. I felt the needle dig into my flesh pulling my blood into several vials.

"How much should I take?" The man asked Rick.

"As much as you need," Rick said while glaring at me. They took so much blood as I swayed on my feet.

"Stop," I gasped before my legs gave out. Rick caught me in his arms as the man took the needle out of my arm. Rick cradled me in his arms. The loss of blood made me too weak to fight back as Rick carried me up the stairs. Rick placed me on a bed in a room with no windows. He covered my body with the green silk sheets before leaving me alone. Once the door shut I broke down in sobs. All I wanted was Henry's arms wrapped around my body. I needed Henry desperately to calm my escalating panic. Henry would know how to get me out of this mess. I sat up shakily as I grabbed the glass of water off the night stand. I drank the liquid before laying back as the fatigue came crashing down. I shut my eyes hesitantly, allowing sleep to consume me.