Ch. 30 Lightness

I stood in total darkness before a blinding light filled my vision. There stood my mother with my father beside her. My father's arms were wrapped around my mom who smiled at me while they approached.

"Oh baby," my mom said striding towards me. She cupped my cheeks in her hands as her eyes glowed with love. "I'm so proud of you." Tears filled my eyes at her words. She had fought me every step of the way as I harnessed my Gemini powers but now she told me she was proud.

"Really?" I asked as she smiled.

"I was wrong to try and stop you. I was scared you'd end up like your father," she said looking over her shoulder at him.

"Guess you were right," I said my heart aching for my other half. Henry...

"You are so strong Rebecca. You are stronger than your father ever was," she said looking into my eyes sadly. "You don't belong here yet."

"I'm not dead?" I asked confusion swirling in my eyes.

"No you aren't. You beat Jackson and now you're free. No more hiding," my father said taking my hand in his. "You protected the pack just like Sapph always did. You are more like her than you know Becca."

I smiled at them as pain irrupted in my abdomen. I gasped collapsing on the ground wrapped my arms around my waist trying to dull the pain. My mother and father looked at each other before they faded from view.

Darkness was all I saw but I heard a faint beeping. Pain spread across my body slowly getting worse. I felt drained and weak while I lay there. I forced my eyes open wincing at the bright lights. The first thing my eyes noticed was Henry who had his head resting on my arm with his eyes shut. I could see the stress on his face as I then looked around the room. I was in a hospital. How I got there I had no idea but I was alive and in a hospital. I moved my arm wincing as my body screamed in pain. I looked over my broken body knowing I wouldn't be running anytime soon. Henry having felt my movement snapped awake his eyes looking into mine.

"Babe," he said getting to his feet caressing my cheek.

"What happened?" I asked my voice hoarse.

"Ari felt your pain," Henry muttered. "She had Mason use his magic to find you."

"He helped?" I said with shock. Mason wasn't attacking me anymore but I didn't think he would help Ariana willingly.

"Yeah," I could see Henry hiding something when he spoke.

"What?" I asked him my purple eyes staring into his dark eyes.

"She may have kissed Mason at some point," Henry said as my jaw dropped.

"Wait she and Mason!" I gasped as he nodded. A small smirk spread across my face at the thought. I felt surprisingly okay with Ari and Mason dating. I shifted my body slightly only for my side to fill with a sharp pain making me whimper even when I tried to stop.

"Becca, don't move. I'll get a doctor to look you over," Henry said giving me one last glance before he raced out of the room to find a doctor. I didn't understand why I wasn't fully healed yet. My Lycan blood should have mended my body already but it hadn't. I gave a forced smile as Henry returned with the doctor.

"Hello Ms. Rowen," the doctor said standing beside my bed. "May I take a look at your wounds really quick?" I nodded as he moved the hospital gown to look at the stitches in my side. "It seems to be healing nicely. Can I look at your shoulder?" He asked as I once again agreed. His cold fingers touched next to the stitches before he stood up straight removing his hands.

"She's in pain," Henry said abruptly.

"I'm not surprised. She was attacked by a wolf and is lucky to be alive," he said simply. "I'll have the nurse up her morphine a little and see if that helps."

"Thank you doctor," Henry said as the doctor walked towards the door. I gave him a smile as he exited the room.

"Why aren't I healing?" I asked Henry once we were alone again.

"I don't know but that's why we had to bring you here," he said simply. I thought about my wounds and how I got them trying to figure out why I wasn't healing.

"Do you think I'm not healing because Jackson was a genetically engineered Lycan. Maybe something in the serum blocks my fast healing," I muttered as he nodded in agreement.

"Either way it doesn't matter. He's dead and you are here with me. That's all I need," Henry said clutching my hand like I might disappear at any moment. I smiled at him lifting his hand up pressing my lips to the back of his hand.

"I'm glad I have you here. I truly thought I wasn't going to see you ever again. Surprisingly I could deal with that knowing Jackson would never be near you again," I said softly as he caresses my bruised cheek carefully. I must have hit my face when Jackson threw me into the remaining wall. "God, I love you Henry. You are my best friend and I couldn't live without you in my life!"

"Bex I love you too. You are and will always be my Cupcake, you got that?" He asked his dark eyes serious as he looked down at me. I smiled at him my heart filling with warmth as I basked in his loving gaze before I answered him.

"Yeah, I got that!" I said as his lips crashed against mine sending fire rushing across my body making me want more. I never wanted Henry more than I did right now and I could finally have him without fear of Jackson. I loved Henry and I always would.