Ch. 8 Lost in Memories

Jackson didn't return for a day and a half. In that time I lost myself in the memories.
---
I lay on the warm beach with Henry sitting beside me.

"Do you really enjoy just lying on the beach?" Henry asked as I sat up.

"Well yeah. The sun is warm and I can just relax the day away," I smiled as he laughed.

"But sunbathing seems boring," Henry said as I got to my feet.

"Come on," I said pulling him toward the water. We jumped into the water as Henry grinned at me.

"This is what I meant when I said beach day," Henry said as we swam. We stared at each other as the warm water pulled at us.

"Now what?" I asked as he splashed me. I squealed before slapping the water. We spent hours soaking each other before getting out. We sat on the beach towel side by side. "Sand castles?"

"Let's do it," Henry smiled as I grabbed the bucket. I filled the bucket with wet sand before placing the sand down. I used a stick to cut away a small opening in the sand. When we finished the castle I beamed at Henry.
---
I sat in another meeting bored out of my mind as Henry listened to my mother speak. I never understood the appeal to these meetings. On days like this I wished I was human.

"There is a party at Helen's house. Want to come?" I whispered as Henry faced me. I saw his thoughts fighting with each other before he spoke.

"Let's go Cupcake," he smirked as we snuck out the side door. We drove to the costume store grabbed matching outfits. I wore a sexy steampunk dress while Henry had a steampunk suit. Once we reached the party I took Henry's arm. I skipped into the house and straight to the tequila. I took one shot before Henry wandered off. I sighed as he flirted with a girl wearing a fairy outfit. I found myself feeling like an outsider as everyone mingled. I drank another shot followed by another. I drank so many I lost count. The girl pressed her lips to Henry's as I staggered toward him. I fell onto him as his arms wrapped instinctively around my waist. He kept me on my feet as the girl glared at me.

"Seriously!" She snapped as Henry looked away from her with his attention on me only.

"Excuse us," Henry said leading me outside leaving the girl glaring after us. He made me sit on the steps as he knelt in front of me.

"Go back to your girlfriend," I slurred as he laughed.

"How much did you drink?" He asked with a smirk. I held up my fingers mouthing 'just a little'. "I think you had more than a little."

"You ditched me," I grumbled before a wave a nausea hit me. I bent over puking in the grass as Henry rushed to hold my hair back. I emptied my stomach before he walked to get a water bottle. He handed the plastic bottle to me as I sipped the water.

"We should go home," he said helping me to the car.

"My mom's going to kill me," I mumble as Henry took my phone. He texted my mother saying I was sleeping over at Helen's house. He carried me into his apartment placing me on his bed tucking me in. He walked out of the room leaving me to rest in his bed. I woke the next morning to a headache and aspirins on the nightstand. I took the medicine before going into the living room. "What happened last night?"

"You got drunk," Henry said as I groaned.

"Did I do anything stupid?" I questioned as he shook his head.

"I brought you here before you could," he said simply.

"Thanks," I said sitting at the counter. He handed my phone to me before placing pancakes in front of me. Henry was so sweet and I was undoubtedly falling for him...
---
Tears coated my face at the memories. There had to be a way out of this horrible situation. Jackson walked in grabbing me by my hair. He yanked me up as my knees filled with pain.

"Ready to love me?" Jackson asked me with no love in his eyes.

"Go to hell," I snapped harshly as he jabbed a needle in my shoulder. The haze spread across my body as Jackson scooped me up. I couldn't move my body as he carried me to a vehicle. He put me gently in the passenger seat buckling me in. He sped down the road away from the house. We drove for hours before he parked at a warehouse. He picked me up running into the building. The building had several weapons and a bed but that was it. The rest of the building was bare. He placed me on the bed with caution before pulling out his phone. He texted someone most likely about me. He sat next to me moving my golden hair out of my face.

"I just want you to love me. Why can't you love me? I killed so many people for you and still you reject me," Jackson sighed. The drugs made speaking impossible for me. I had so many things to say to my kidnapper but I couldn't talk. He tied me to the bed frame before sitting against the wall. In a few hours the affects of the drugs had worn off. I moved slightly as a sharp pain reminded me of the severity of my wounds. My rips hurt with every breath and my knees throbbed. My cheek stung and my abdomen ached. Almost every inch of my body hurt.

"Why are we here Jackson?" I demanded as he got to his feet.

"Couldn't have your sister stop me," Jackson smirked as I stiffened. She was so close to finding me so Jackson took me somewhere else. A glimmer of hope filled me because Ariana was the best tracker and we didn't go far away. Would Ariana be enough to save me?