Ch. 5 What Now?

A warmth spread across my body as Ben pulled me tightly against him. My lips never left his as we entered the apartment. I kicked the door shutting it on my way inside. I ran my fingers through his dark hair as his lips caressed mine hungrily. We pulled apart breathlessly as his eyes searched mine. He was trying to figure out why I just kissed him.

"Does this mean you want to get back together?" Ben asked as I nodded.

"Yes, I want to get back together," I said as a smile spread across his face. He laced his fingers through mine sending a spark up my arm.

"You have no idea how much I longed to hear those words rush past your stunning lips. I missed you Bex," he said as a blush spread across my cheeks. The way he spoke made my breath hitch. I hadn't realized how much I cared for him until I saw him again.

"I missed you too," I said as we sat on the couch. Ben draped his arm around me as I curled up against him. I sat there my mind filled with thoughts of my mother. I found I couldn't relax like I used to in Ben's arms.

"You've been pretty quiet. Are you sure you're okay?" Ben questioned as I sat up straight facing him.

"I just can't help but think about my mom. I'm sorry," I said knowing I shouldn't be thinking of her right now.

"Don't apologize. I am here for you and you can talk to me," Ben said as I nodded.

"I just resent her you know. She has all this knowledge about my dad and being a Gemini but she won't share any of it with me," I said the frustration soaking each word. Ben stroked my arm with his fingertips trying to calm me.

"Have you told her how you feel?" He asked as I sighed.

"I have tried to explain that I wanted to know about my dad but she shuts down and locks herself away," I said softly. "I can't help but feel like she doesn't want me to know stuff about my dad."

"What about your aunt? Have you asked her about him?" Ben asked as I shook my head. I hadn't even considered asking her about him.

"She seems more open to talking about him. When I met her a few days ago she said that I looked like him," I said as he listened.

"I think if you want to know about your dad you should ask your aunt about him," Ben said as I nodded.

"I just miss him sometimes. It sounds stupid but I miss a man I never met," I said holding back the sadness.

"Missing your father is reasonable Rebecca," Ben said firmly. My stomach growled as Ben spoke. "Was that your stomach?"

"Yeah, I didn't get a chance to eat yet," I muttered as Ben jumped up. He opened the fridge grabbing four kinds of cheeses. He put them on a sandwich before putting the bread on the stove. Ben cooked my favorite food. I was surprised he remembered how much I loved his grilled cheese. He handed me the food with a cup of tea.

"Thanks Ben," I said before eating the food quickly. I hadn't realized how hungry I had been until I finished the food. I sipped the tea as Ben took back the plate. I glanced out the window to see the sun setting on the horizon.

"Do you want to stay the night or I could give you a ride home?" Ben asked as I got to my feet.

"Can I stay the night?" I asked as he nodded. He led me to the guest room. I couldn't stop the smile from spreading across my face. Ben was such a gentleman most guys would insist on sharing a room. I pulled out my phone deciding I should at least tell my sister so she wouldn't worry.

Me: I'm spending the night at Ben's.

Ari: wait what? I thought you guys broke up? Are you back together?

I rolled my eyes. Of course she wanted all the details about how I wound up at Ben's apartment.

Me: yeah we got back together. I don't know why I broke up with him in the first place.

Ari: we are so discussing this when you get home.

Me: duh I need to tell someone about my boyfriend... boyfriend feels weird typing that out.

Ari: Lol. Sleep tight sis and be careful.

Me: I will. Love you Ari.

I laughed tossing my phone on the bed as Ben wrapped his arms around my waist. I leaned back against him letting his warmth fill me. I loved standing in his embrace. His touch calmed me and pushed my negative feelings to the back of my mind.

"I still can't believe you are here," Ben said as I turned toward him.

"Believe it," I said before my lips pressed against his. The kiss deepened sending a fire through every fiber of my body. Ben held me loosely as my lips lapped at his. I reluctantly broke the kiss wanting to take this slow. I didn't want to wreck the relationship this time. Ben just smiled as he watched me walk toward the bed. After a moment Ben headed toward the door.

"There is some clothes in the dresser and I'll drop you at school in the morning," Ben said before shutting the door. I laughed, Ben really was a good guy. There was no reason for him to take me to school but he offered because he cared for me. I looked around the room finding a tv and a bed. Red silk sheets covered the bed. I slipped out of my dress and jacket. I opened the dresser to find a few of his clothes. I grabbed a big shirt slipping it on. I crawled into bed turning out the light. I drifted to sleep with sweet thoughts of Ben fresh in my mind.