Ch. 11 Control

After I pulled myself together, I noticed that not only did Jackson escape but Mason was gone as well. I stood next to Van numb.

"Rebecca, you have to take control. You are the only one trained to be Alpha," Van said firmly as I walked to the sink washing the blood off my hands. I took a breath before sprinting up to my room. I grabbed two guns strapping one to each thigh before wrapping my knife holster around my waist. I slipped the blade into the holster before running down the stairs.

"Where is Ari and Henry?" I asked Van softly.

"At Henry's apartment," Van said teleporting us there.

"Can you make some magical protection for me? Mom died because a witch knocked me out of the way magically," I asked Van. He nodded conjuring me a necklace.

"A witch won't be able to use their powers on you so long as you wear the necklace," Van said as I secured the black jewel around my neck. "Becca." Van caught my attention. I looked behind me to see Ariana. I rushed into her arms allowing her presence to momentarily calm me.

"Mom's dead," I whispered as Ariana pulled away. I saw the pain in her gaze as she turned away to mask the tears. Ariana didn't like to be vulnerable in front of people. I walked through the apartment until I located Henry in the bedroom. His eyes locked onto mine as he got to his feet. Our lips collided sending fire running through my body. When we finally separated Ariana entered the room.

"I thought I lost you," Henry muttered as I cupped his face.

"Never," I said firmly as Ariana sat on the bed.

"So now what?" She asked as I looked down.

"I have to warn the council. Both Jackson and his witch friend mentioned taking control," I said scrambling to locate my cellphone. I found my phone sitting on the kitchen table. I didn't hesitate to call the council and inform them about my mother's death and the looming threat started by the bio Lycan serum. I couldn't afford the emotional hesitation because my pack now relied on me entirely.

"Gwen was killed so who is leading the pack?" The council leader asked.

"Right now I am. I'm the one she helped train so I make the most sense. I also am the one who Jackson wants so I'm going to be involved regardless of if I am Alpha," I said simply.

"Do you have a plan to deal with this?" She asked as I paused.

"I am going to track his movements as best I can and once I find him I will take him out," I said firmly. "My sister is the best tracker I have access to. This is personal to me so I want him dead just as much as you do."

"Deal with this quickly before he manages to find the other council leaders," she said hanging up. I walked around the apartment grabbing every weapon I could find as my sister watched. I tossed her two guns as Henry prepared on his own.

"What are we doing?" Ariana asked as I walked over to Van.

"Can you make two more necklaces?" I asked him.

"I can but I don't think you should be taking them on just the three of you," Van said as I bit my lip.

"If I get more people involved there is more left to chance," I muttered as he sighed. He handed me the new necklaces as I gave one to Ari and one to Henry. "Ariana I need you to track Jackson."

"Who is Jackson?" She asked me.

"The psycho killer," I murmured. "If we don't get in touch in a few weeks something went wrong and you should tell the council." I told Van before Henry and Ariana followed me to the motorcycles. We each got onto our own motorcycle before speeding off. Henry and I flanked Ariana allowing her nose to lead us. We drove for hours before Ariana pulled over.

"I can't locate his scent," she groaned as I hopped off the bike.

"Maybe we don't have to find him," I said as Henry joined us.

"What do you mean?" He asked as I looked at him.

"He cares about me so maybe he will find me," I said as Ariana nodded.

"Let's go home then," she said as we got on the bikes. We reached the apartment just as the sun began setting. We climbed the steps into the apartment. I checked the windows to make sure they all were locked while Henry bolted the front door. I paced the apartment as my emotions came barreling into me full speed. Tears pooled in my eyes as images of my mother flashed through my mind. Her vacant eyes staring past me as I begged Van to save her. Jackson took the only parent I had left.

"Rebecca," Henry said as I wiped the tears from my face.

"What's up?" I asked turning toward Henry.

"Are you okay?" Henry asked as I shrugged. I couldn't verbalized my feelings without breaking down completely. I had to keep myself together for the pack.

"Excuse me," I mumbled as I strode into the bedroom. I curled up on the silk sheets trying desperately to force back the emotions. I could deal with my emotions later but I needed to figure out how to get Jackson out of hiding. I needed to control every inch of my body if I would ever end Jackson and avenge my mother. Jackson was going to pay for the things he did to me but most importantly for the things he stole from me! Control; the most vital aspect of an Alpha.