Ch. 6 School

I woke to the smell of coffee. I scrambled out of bed pulling my old clothes back on. I walked into the bathroom washing off my makeup from last night. I pulled my hair down before stepping out of the bedroom. My eyes landed on Ben as he set two plates down. He made toast and eggs with bacon on top. My mouth watered as I glanced at the food.

"Hey handsome," I smiled pressing my lips to his cheek.

"I made breakfast," Ben said as I grabbed the plate. I ate the food quickly before I chugged the coffee. He made my coffee just the way I liked, extra sweet.

"Thanks for breakfast," I smiled as he nodded.

"Thanks for coming over," Ben said taking my hand. I scrambled to my phone to text my sister.

Me: can you bring my backpack to school? I forgot to grab it on the way out of the house.

Ari: Sure thing. How was it with Ben last night?

Me: we didn't even share a room!

Ari: ugh you guys are lame.

I put my phone away before facing Ben.

"Needed to make sure my sister would bring my stuff to school," I said as he nodded. "Listen thank you for everything."

"You're welcome," Ben said before we made our way out of his apartment. We walked down the street to his white SUV. I climbed in the passenger side as Ben climbed in the driver side. I buckled in as he started the car. We sped down the road quickly. He pulled up to the front door of the school to let me out. He caught my arm making me turn toward him. "Hey, have a good day Becca."

"Thanks," I said planting a quick kiss on his lips before getting out. I headed inside heading straight to my first class. I smiled as Ariana handed me my stuff.

"You are glowing," Ariana muttered as I rolled my eyes.

"We didn't even sleep together," I said as she sighed.

"Okay I believe you. You are way to good to do anything bad," Ariana said as we took our seats.

"Did mom figure out I left?" I asked her as she nodded.

"Yeah she figured that out this morning," Ariana said as I groaned.

"Is she going to yell at me tonight?" I asked as she nodded.

"Most definitely," Ariana said as I sighed.

"Is it too soon to move out?" I asked as Ariana laughed. I pulled out my textbook and my notebook as a few students sprinted into the room just as the bell rang. The day seemed to pass slowly by and all I wanted was to train. My mother had insisted we go to a normal school instead of get homeschooled like most of the children in our pack.

"Class make sure to read the next chapter by tomorrow," the teacher said dismissing us. I got up throwing my backpack over my shoulder.

"See you later Ari," I said rushing off to my art class. I grabbed the painting I started on Friday putting the frame on the easel. I looked at my half painted wolf and grew slightly irritated. All I could think of was how I couldn't use my Lycan powers. I pushed my emotions aside as I put my headphones on listening to music. I mixed the colors into a light sandy brown color. I dragged my brush gently across the rough canvas. The more I painted the calmer I became. I lost myself in my work to the point I didn't know class ended until everyone started packing up. I put my painting back before rushing down the hallway. I bumped into a few people in the over crowded hallway. I slipped into the lunchroom just as the bell rang. I looked at the options in disgust. The options were just awful. I grabbed a plate of lukewarm spaghetti before heading to checkout. I grabbed a carton of chocolate milk before handing over the money. I walked over to my table sitting down.

"Hey sis," Ariana smiled as I scooped spaghetti into my mouth.

"How's your day been?" I asked her.

"Great though I have a crap ton of homework tonight," Ariana sighed eating her chicken sandwich. I finished my milk tossing my tray in the garbage. "So how exactly did you find yourself at Ben's place?"

"I needed somewhere to be other than home. He let me in and calmed me down. The longer I was with him the more I realized I cared about him," I said softly. "I think I might love him even."

"You said the l word!" She gasped as I nodded.

"I'm not afraid to be in love anymore," I said as passing time started. Ariana and I walked to gym. I opened my locker putting on my gym clothes. I pulled the black shorts and a pink tank top on. I put my heels in the locker pulling sneakers on. I headed outside to meet the class on the track. I smiled, finally a class I could train in.

"Time to run a mile," the gym teacher said. I took off running as fast as possible shocking many of my classmates. I used to walk the mile instead of running the mile. The only one who could keep up with me was Ariana. Sweat poured down my back as my legs pounded into the ground.

"Damn I didn't think you could run so fast," Ariana breathed heavily.

"Guess our personal trainer helped improve my stamina," I smiled as my legs began to throb. We ran in silence for the rest of class. I grew tired but I kept going until the end of class. I chugged some water before pulling my old clothes on. I shoved my gym clothes back in the locker before walking to my next class. I finished out the rest of the day quickly dreading what was to come. I had to go home to my mother. Who knows what was going to happen at home. One thing was certain, I needed to talk to my aunt about my father.