Ch. 21 Traitor

I lunged at Bryce knocking him to the ground. My mother gasped as I took his gun away.

"He told them when and where to attack you," I growled seething with rage. I took another swing at Bryce. Bryce's eyes widened as Van pulled me off him. Bryce went to get up but Van used his powers to keep him down.

"She's lost her mind," Bryce said as my mother glared. She may not get along with me but she knew I wouldn't lie about something like this.

"I have proof," I said firmly as Van let go of me. I showed my mother the photos I took of the files.

"Why Bryce?" My mother asked handing the burner phone back. Bryce just pressed his lips together anger radiating off him.

"Why do you hate us so much?" I asked crossing my arms. Why did every person involved have a personal stake?

"I don't hate your family. They offered me more than you guys that's all," Bryce said after a moment.

"Van take him to the holding cells," my mother sighed before we rushed to pack my mother's bags. I grabbed two guns as my sister carried the suitcases. We climbed into the car before I drove to Henry's apartment. His apartment was the only location they wouldn't think to look for us. I knocked on the door but he didn't answer. I grabbed his spare key unlocking the door. I stepped into the silent apartment and my heart stopped.

"Have you guys heard from Henry?" I whispered as my mom looked at me in confusion. I called his burner phone but it went to voicemail. If he didn't comeback where was he? My heart raced with fear. Did Rick still have him? I bit my lip as Ariana took my hand.

"We will find him. I promise," Ariana said as I nodded.

"Van," I called as he and Sapphire appeared before me. "Can you locate Henry?"

"I can try but depending on his desire to be found I might have trouble. Lycans are the most difficult to find when they resist my magic," Van muttered as I sat down. After a few minutes Van shook his head. "I can only give you a five mile radius for his location." Van went to find a map and pointed to the worst spot on it, the facility. I wanted to sob but knew crying wouldn't help Henry.

"They have him," I said with a flash of pain in my eyes.

"I'll help you get him back," Ariana said as I shook my head.

"There are at least forty people who will try and stop us. The best way to get him back means we need a strategy not just two man or in this case two woman team," I sighed as my mother sat next to me.

"I promise I will do everything I can to bring him back to you," my mother said as I got to my feet.

"I'm going to lay down for a little while. I'm exhausted from the past few weeks," I muttered wanting to be alone with my pain. I slipped into Henry's room curling up with his pillow in my arms. I could almost picture him laying beside me. I began to drift off when my phone rang. I pulled my phone out freezing when I saw Henry's number. I walked into the living room answering on speaker. "Hello."

"Rebecca, I believe I have something you want," Rick's voice mocked. "Trade his life for yours."

"You know I almost would take your deal but you seem to struggle keeping your end of the arrangement," I said tightly. Van, my mother and my sister just listened to the conversation silently.

"What other option is there for you?" Rick said coolly. "Don't take my offer and I start doing experiments on him."

"Why do experiments on him when he isn't anymore Alpha than the girl at the lab?" I demanded harshly.

"Because his pain brings you pain," Rick said as I held back insulting him. He already threatened Henry and I didn't want to give Rick more reasons to hurt Henry.

"Fine release him and I'll come to you," I said firmly.

"Why should I?" Rick demanded as my mother shook her head.

"Because I could look like Ariana if you wished me to," I said as he laughed.

"On second thought never mind. I'll just keep him," Rick hung up as I tossed my phone onto the table. Rick never intended to trade, he wanted to inflict maximum damage to me. Frustration oozed off me as I paced. My mother watched me with regret in her eyes. She must feel guilt over sending Henry with me.

"I need to find a way to him before they kill him. I only hope we aren't too late," I whispered as I sat at the kitchen table. I started making a list of names, other Lycans. I needed a big enough team to get him.

"How will we find him?" Ariana asked as I sighed.

"They kept me in a cell in the basement so I'm assuming that's where they will keep him. I am concerned we won't reach him quickly enough and they will kill him," I muttered as Ariana looked at my list.

"The best fighters," Ariana said but then frowned. "I'm not on the list."

"You need to protect mom. If we save Henry mom won't have her full protection detail so you need to stay with her," I said simply.

"When are you leaving?" Ariana asked as I stood.

"In a week. If we left now they would be ready but in a week they might loosen their surveillance," I muttered getting to my feet. I walked toward Henry's room numb to my emotions. I slipped into the dark room and flopped on the bed. I shut my eyes as I buried my face in the pillow. I would save Henry even if it killed me.