Ch. 25 The Arrival

The next few days were tense. We all seemed to be waiting for the next attack. The reality had set in that we weren't the only form of Lycans anymore. People could engineer their DNA to be just like us. I looked at my face in the mirror, my blood brought us to this point. Without my blood Rick wouldn't have become the most powerful type of Lycan. I couldn't deny the role I played in this new threat. I splashed cold water on my face trying to calm my rising anxiety. I dried my skin before stepping into the living room. Ariana stood in the room waiting for me.

"The council is waiting for us outside," Ariana said as I nodded. My mother must have met them outside. I followed Ariana out of the apartment with a gun strapped to my hip. I stayed at a respectful distance until my mother invited us to join the conversation.

"Rebecca," my mother motioned me closer. I stood before four members of the council waiting for the questions to start.

"Gwen says you went undercover at a compound with humans. She says they wanted to be Lycans. How did they manage to become Lycan?" The man asked me.

"My cover was blown and they shot me. Sometime after I left they used what little blood they had of mine and created some sort of chemical to infuse my Lycan genes with their human genes," I said simply.

"How many of them are there?" He asked as I sighed.

"I wish I knew. My best guess is forty. Like me they can turn at will so they are very dangerous. One of them could wipe out an entire pack," I said firmly.

"You are a Gemini?" He said his eyes darting to my mother.

"Yes I am. I thought you knew," I said glancing at my mother.

"I didn't tell them about you. I didn't think I needed to," my mother said as I turned back toward the man.

"Me being a Gemini isn't important right now. The new Lycans are going to return if they aren't already here and they are going to take over. We need a plan and assistance in stopping this before this get more out of hand," I said bluntly as he nodded.

"We will bring in another pack to help but I think our best option is to have you and your twin handle the new Lycans," he said as Ariana came over to us.

"This is my twin sister Ariana," I said as his lips parted slightly.

"Never before has a generation Gemini been both girls," he said as I nodded.

"I know this is unusual but we both are Gemini and I promise we will do everything we can to end this threat to us," I said without hesitation.

"Rebecca, I am going gather the pack and explain the situation," my mother said to me. "I'm going to leave with the council you and Ari should figure out your next move."

"Yes mother," Ariana said as we walked up the steps into the apartment. I groaned shutting the door. I had no idea what to do next or even if I could do anything. My mind spun with so many thoughts and emotions, this clouded any decision I made.

"Are you okay?" Ariana asked as I shook my head.

"I used to have a clear choice but now I don't know what the correct move is," I said irritation evident in my voice.

"Whatever we decide to do, we will decide together," Ariana said taking my hand in her's.

"Thanks," I murmured when my burner phone rang. I sprinted to the phone putting it on speaker. "Hello."

"Hey wolfie," Rick cheered as I gripped the table.

"What can I do for the head of wanna be wolf?" I snapped harshly.

"Come to the facility and I will release Henry," Rick said as Ariana shook her head.

"How do I know you haven't killed him yet?" I demanded.

"Don't come," Henry cried out followed by shouting.

"Why would you still want me? You are already a wolf?" I asked as my mind tried to find his motive.

"I wanted to thank you for the gift you gave me," I could tell he was lying to me.

"I'll be there soon," I hung up as Ariana glared at me.

"For you to go is stupid!" Ariana yelled as I crossed my arms.

"I am not going alone. I think we should make it look like I'm alone but really the whole pack will be there," I said calmly.

"This plan is way too risky Becca," Ariana pleaded with me.

"We can't just wait around for him to attack us. If we go there we can take out a huge number of his army. We might even be able to destroy the serum," I said as Ariana sighed.

"Fine but only if mom thinks your plan is a good one," Ariana said firmly.

"Oh trust me, she is going to wish she thought of my plan," I said as I draped my arm around Ari. We walked quickly to the meeting hall bursting through the doors. The loud hall grew quiet as all eyes fell on us. "I have a plan." I filled in everyone on my plan as my mother thought over the possible outcomes.

"While the plan is reckless it is also unexpected. Let's go," she said as I scribbled down directions to the facility along with the last code to get in that I knew about. If the code didn't work the plan would become slightly more complex but still doable.

"See you all in a half hour," I said before leaving the building alone. Ariana watched me with worry but she knew my plan was solid. I got in the SUV speeding toward the facility. I felt oddly calm as I pulled up at the gate. I took a breath before climbing out of the car. Here goes nothing...