Ch. 20 Wait

I felt Henry's arms wrap around me as I groaned.

"I most definitely should have stayed home. Ben still wants me," I muttered as Henry caressed my cheek.

"I love you, you know that?" Henry said with a smirk. I pressed my lips to his briefly before walking up to my room to sleep.
---
I stood in the study the next morning looking at a map. I needed to find Jackson and he most likely would be hiding close by. I narrowed down his hiding spot to five locations in the woods. I sighed pulling my hair into a ponytail. I grabbed two guns strapping one to each thigh.

"Henry," I called as he walked into the study. "We should go look at these five spots." I motioned to the marked map. Henry grabbed a few weapons following me out of the house. We crept into the woods toward an old cabin. My feet crushed the leaves as I made my way into the woods. We reached the cabin as I drew my gun. I kicked the door open clearing each room. I reached the bedroom finding a letter addressed to me. I held the paper reading the note.

My sweet wife,
I see you found my old hideout. I can't wait until you are mine once again. I will take away your weaknesses one by one until you are strong. I have dealt with your mother and I will find your biggest flaw, Henry. I love you and you will see I am the only one who truly loves you. Be safe and don't try to find me, I'll come to you when I am ready.
Forever your love,
Jackson

I crumpled the paper tossing it aside in anger. He was delusional and he was going to hurt everyone I loved. Henry took my hand gently as I looked at him.

"He is going to hurt you," I said tears filling my eyes. "We should still check the other locations but I don't think he will be there."

"Becca," Henry gripped my hand stopping me from leaving the cabin. He held me tightly against his body as I allowed his touch to calm me. After a few minutes we left the cabin sprinting deeper into the forest. Twigs snapped under our feet as we weaved through the woods toward the old storage building that used to hold our weapons. I looked into the dark empty building before entering. My eyes scanned the building but found no traces of Jackson. We went to the other three locations but like the first two Jackson wasn't there.

"I hate this!" I growled. "I don't enjoy waiting for this fight. I preferred Ari's ex because I at least knew what was coming but Jackson is crazy and unpredictable."

"Rebecca, we will get through this," Henry said taking my hand. "Nothing Jackson could ever do would take me from you. I would fight death just to be with you Rebecca."

"I don't think I could survive without you Henry. We are connected and if I lost you I would lose myself," I said with teary eyes. Henry rushed forward his lips crashing against mine. Tears fell down my face as Henry's lips caressed mine sending a fire running through my body. Henry held me in his arms as I draped my arms around his neck. He ended the kiss and continued to stare deeply into my eyes. I could spend a lifetime gazing at him and still want more. I let my fears melt away as his chocolate eyes peered into mine. "I love you so deeply. You are a piece of me Henry."

"I love you too. Rebecca you are the strongest woman I know and I can't deny how much you mean to me. You are the light inside the darkness," Henry said as he released me. Our bubble popped and I found myself back in the real world where I still had to find Jackson.

"We should head back," I sighed as Henry nodded. We walked all the way back to the house. We barely stepped into the house when Ariana rushed to us.

"Thank god, I thought you found Jackson and got hurt," Ariana breathed. There was still tension between us but at least we were speaking. "I got a weird phone call earlier but they hung up." I walked to the phone calling the mystery number back. Ariana stood beside me in the kitchen as I waited for the person to answer.

"Hello my sweet," Jackson's voice said. I stiffened grabbing the edge of the counter.

"Let's end this," I said as he laughed.

"I will come soon my love I just need to finish what I started first," Jackson said simply.

"What did you start?" I demanded as Ariana listened to the conversation.

"I am watching him walk into the backyard. If you don't do exactly what I say I will shoot him," Jackson said as I glanced into the backyard finding Henry.

"What?" I said tightly as Ariana scanned the surrounding area. She couldn't see Jackson from inside the house but she couldn't go outside either.

"Kill the council members in your house," Jackson said as if what he wanted was easily done. I couldn't kill them, Henry wouldn't want me to. While he was a part of me I couldn't hurt multiple people for him. I grabbed my gun off the counter sprinting outside. I spotted Jackson just past the edge of the woods. I fired one round but heard two bangs. I looked toward Henry as he collapsed to the ground. I knelt next to him seeing only his leg got hit. I watched Jackson retreat into the woods as I dragged Henry into the house. I rolled his pant leg up seeing the bullet missed the artery.

"I should call Van," I said about to yell but Henry stopped me.

"I am fine, the wound doesn't hurt much," Henry said as I glared.

"Van," I yelled as Henry sighed. Ariana stood next to us as Van healed Henry. At least I knew where Jackson was and the wait was over.