Ch. 16 Balance

"Rebecca," a voice called to me through the darkness. I turned to find my dad standing there.

"Dad," I gasped as he smiled. "Am I dead?"

"No you aren't dead," my dad said as I approached him. "I thought I would see you while you could see me. I needed you to know I'm so proud of you and your sister. You both are strong but kind."

"I miss you so much dad," I said firmly. "Even Sapphire misses you." He smiled caressing my cheek.

"Tell everyone I say hello and take care of each other always," my dad said pressing his lips to my forehead before a bright light pulled him away from me.

I coughed sitting up quickly. I looked around to see four thankful faces. I got to my feet slowly as Van helped me up.

"I saw dad," I said as Ariana's eyes locked onto me.

"What did he say?" She asked as I looked around. They brought me somewhere else.

"He's proud of us and to take care of each other," I muttered as Henry took my hand in his. "Where are we?"

"We are at my place," Van said as I looked around.

"It's nice but we need to get back like now," I said as Van teleported us to where my mom was currently staying since our house wasn't safe anymore. My mother gasped looking at my blood soaked shirt.

"Whose blood is that?" She asked me.

"Mine," I told her. "I am all healed now so don't worry."

"What happened?" She demanded as Ariana glanced at me.

"I saved Ariana with a two person team," I muttered as my mother's eyes locked onto mine.

"Why would you neglect to inform me about this?" My mother snapped harshly.

"Because I knew you would have gone and given yourself to them," I said in return.

"I'm your alpha and you need to respect that Becca," my mom growled as I crossed my arms.

"I am. Had anyone other than Ari gotten taken you wouldn't have given yourself to them," I spat. She stayed silent knowing I was right. She would have been reckless in saving Ariana. I was reckless as well but I'm not the alpha and I had better odds against an army of that size.

"Rebecca, you need to see this," Henry muttered from the kitchen. I rushed to him as he held his phone out to me. I saw the man who bleed to death and the painting of Taylor.

"What am I looking at?" I asked as he pointed at the hand. They both had a tattoo on the top of their right hands. The tattoo looked like a wolf. A memory clicked into place as I thought of all the people I had fought the past few days. All of them had the same tattoo. "If they all have the tattoo it must be mandatory and a possible way to track them. If they are hunting us specifically they must go to a tattoo parlor nearby."

"Exactly," Henry said as I pressed my lips to his. I quickly washed the blood off changing my outfit.

"You are a genius," I said walking back into the living room. "I got a lead. Henry and I will run our lead down. Ariana stay close to mom."

"Henry let's go," I called. Henry and I snuck out of the building. I got into the passenger seat of the SUV as Henry got in the driver seat. I punched in tattoo parlors into my phone going to the nearest one first. I zoomed in on a photo of the tattoo before walking with Henry into the tattoo place.

"What can I do for you?" The tattoo artist smiled walking over to us.

"My boyfriend just loves to wolf out so can you give him this tattoo?" I asked as the tattoo artist. She analyzed the picture with a frown.

"I can't copy another artist's work," she said as I sighed.

"Do you know whose work it is?" I asked her hoping to cut the search short.

"Sorry I don't," she said flatly.

"Thanks for your time," I said walking with Henry out of the tattoo shop. I climbed in the car before an idea crossed my mind. "Do you think that we should send someone in undercover?"

"Like who?" He asked me.

"Ariana. We could dye her hair and give her blue contacts and they probably wouldn't recognize her," I muttered as Henry sighed.

"That is the worst idea ever. If they can't get Gwen you two would be the next best thing," Henry said firmly.

"Fair point," I said as we drove to the next tattoo shop. I froze seeing the sign out front. On a sign in the window the giant wolf tattoo. "Found it." My breath hitched as a man walked inside. No way, he couldn't be here.

"What's wrong Becca?" Henry questioned as I took a picture of the man with my phone.

"That's Ariana's ex boyfriend, the one that cheated on her," I said softly.

"He's human. There is no way he knows about us," Henry said as my heart sunk.

"Unless Ariana told him," I whispered inspecting the photo. He didn't have the tattoo but he walked in like he belonged at the tattoo parlor. "Take us back. I need to ask Ari about him right now." We arrived at the safe house sneaking inside. I spotted Ariana laughing with my mother as they prepared dinner.

"Hey guys," Ariana smiled as I locked eyes with her.

"I need to talk to you," I muttered as Ariana followed me to our new room.

"What's up?" She asked as I explained the lead we tracked down.

"I think Rick is involved in this organization," I said showing her the picture.

"He doesn't have the tattoo," she said as I nodded.

"Exactly. I think he started the entire thing. He waltzed into the shop as if he owned the parlor," I said firmly.

"What do you want Rebecca?" She asked with a pain filled gaze.

"Did you tell him about us?" I asked her harshly.