Ch. 11 Cupcake

I woke the next morning to the smell of pancakes. I grabbed a purple silk dress that stopped at my knees slipping the spaghetti straps over my shoulders. I brushed my hair before applying mascara and frosted pink lipstick. I walked down stairs my black stilettos clicking as I moved.

"Happy birthday sweetie," my mom smiled placing the chocolate chip pancakes in front of me.

"Thanks mom," I smiled eating the food quickly. My mother handed my phone to me as I instantly started texting Ben.

Me: I got my phone back!

Ben: that's great. Oh and Happy birthday!

Me: you should come over. My mom lets us stay home on our birthdays.

Ben: be there in ten.

"Mom Ben is coming over," I said as she smiled.

"Perfect," she said as I put my plate in the sink. Ariana came down stairs sitting next to me.

"Happy birthday my twin," I cheered as she glared. Still not a morning person. I heard a knock so I ran to the door. I pulled knob before throwing myself into Ben's arms. He squeezed my waist before we separated. I gripped his hand leading him into the kitchen.

"Hello," my mother said to Ben.

"Nice to see you again Gwen," Ben said his hand resting on my hip. "Oh I have a gift for you!" Ben held out a box. I opened the velvet material with a gasp. I found a beautiful necklace in the shape of a heart with tiny diamonds on the silver.

"I love it!" I grinned. I faced Ben my lips caressing his briefly. Ben helped me put the necklace on. Ariana just watched us but said nothing.

"I'm glad you both came to your senses. You are a beautiful couple," my mother said as I sighed. I couldn't believe she just said that.

"What's the plan for today?" I asked as she smiled.

"We are going to the amusement park!" She beamed as I gripped Ben's hand.

"Omg I can't wait," I bounced up and down. After a few minutes we all piled into the black SUV. We reached the amusement park and I felt like a kid. I sprinted out of the car and right into the amusement park. Ben and I walked to the Ferris wheel. We climbed on as I snuggled against him. Ben's hand snaked around my waist as I rested my head on his chest. Once we reached the top of the ride my lips crashed against his hungrily. A heat spread across my body when I was pulled into a memory.

"I don't like him," Henry yelled as I crossed my arms.

"Ben was there when you weren't!" I growled as he winced.

"He is not a good guy. You can't deny who he is," Henry snapped as I turned away from him.

"I'm not discussing my relationship with you," I said harshly before walking away. I ran right into Ben. He caught me with concern in his gaze.

"Are you okay?" Ben asked.

"Yeah I'm fine," I said as his lips touched mine. All my anger faded as his lips touched mine. I could lose myself in Ben forever.

I pulled away as the ride ended. Ben and I walked around for a while before getting some cotton candy.

"So have you and your mom made up?" Ben asked as I shook my head.

"I think we have a temporary birthday truce," I said putting a piece of the pink fluff in my mouth. The sweet taste flooded my senses.

"I'm sorry to hear that," Ben said as we continued to wander around the park.

"Sometimes I wish I could speak openly with her but I can't," I sighed as he gripped my hand in his.

"You may not be able to talk to her but I'm here if you need a nonjudgmental ear," Ben said as I smiled at him.

"I just want to forget my problems for one day," I said as we walked to a game. Ben won like always and he gave me a giant pink bear.

"So what are your plans for the future?" Ben asked me as I froze. I didn't have any plans.

"I don't know. I might train to protect the pack I guess," I said as he nodded.

"That sounds like something you want," Ben said as I laughed.

"What about you? You haven't done anything for a year so what are your plans?" I asked as he caressed my cheek.

"I plan to marry you one day. We will have kids and a white picket fence," Ben said as I looked at him. I didn't expect him to want a simple life. "I guess I would get a normal job to support us."

"I like the sound of that," I said as he led me back toward the SUV. We all got in driving back to the house. I got out with Ben a permanent smile plastered across my face. I stopped moving seeing Henry sitting on the steps. My smile faded as Ben held my hand. "I'll be inside in a moment." Ben took my hint and went inside along with my family.

"Happy birthday Cupcake," Henry said walking toward me. I smirked knowing he had to call me Cupcake. He held up a chocolate cupcake with a single candle. "Make a wish." I wished for my memories before blowing out the flame. I got another flash and this one made my blood boil.

Ben and I waltzed across the dance floor. A member of the pack had gotten married. I watched Henry over Ben's shoulder as he flirted with another girl. I couldn't help the jealousy filling my chest. I shouldn't feel jealous I'm dating Ben but I couldn't help the longing in my body when I looked at Henry.

"Becca," Ben snapped at me as I focused my attention back on Ben. "Why is your attention anywhere but with me?" Ben asked the anger seeping off his body.

"I'm sorry," I said and the guilt flooded my body.

"Do you love him?" Ben asked referring to Henry. I averted my eyes unable to look at Ben. I knew he was right but I didn't want to tell him. I took a breath looking into his understanding gaze and knew what I had to do.

"I'm so sorry," I said with teary eyes. Ben stiffened before storming off.

I looked at Henry and at this moment I didn't love him but if I got my memories back I might. I couldn't hurt Ben like that again so until I remembered everything I shouldn't be with him. I needed to talk to Ben about the entire issue.

"Thanks for the cupcake," I said rushing inside. I dreaded what I had to do but I didn't see a better option.