{Book 2} Ch. 1 Normalcy

Months passed uneventfully. I shadowed my mother to all pack meetings to learn what I could from her. In my free time I went to Henry's apartment. I didn't graduate high school with my class but I managed to finish up my classes the following year.

"Becca," Henry smiled as I sprinted into the gym.

"Hi," I said as he walked away from the new recruits.

"What are you doing here?" He asked planting a kiss on my cheek.

"I missed you. Thought I could hang out with you today," I said softly as the recruits watched us with interest.

"Sure but you are going to train with us," Henry said as I smirked. He turned to walk away as I flipped him on his back. He grinned as I pinned him to the floor.

"But what do you mean by training. I have never heard of such a thing," I teased him.

"Okay, get off me," he laughed. I slid off him as he hopped to his feet. "Okay rookies. This is Rebecca. She defeated the bio Lycans all by herself and blew up their base. She is easily the best fighter here so watch her, learn from her." My cheeks heated with embarrassment.

"Isn't she the Alpha's daughter?" One asked as I nodded.

"Dang and she still had to fight," another muttered.

"I would fight for the pack any day just as you will be expected to," I said firmly.

"Who wants a go with Becca?" Henry asked. I smirked as everyone backed away. Not one person volunteered.

"I won't bite," I said as Henry laughed. "Okay I won't permanently injure you. I won't even shift."

"Fine since you all are losers I will," a short girl in the back said as I pulled my hair into a ponytail. I stood in the middle of the gym watching the girl approaching me.

"Nice Jessie," Henry said as she took a swing at me. I dodged her punch before sweeping her legs. She hit the mat but managed to pull me down too. I rolled to the side away from her getting to my feet. Jessie's fist rushed toward my face. I blocked her punch with my arm before her other hand rammed into my stomach. I coughed staggering back slightly. I grabbed her arm as she threw a sloppy punch. I flipped her onto the ground pinning her down. She struggled for a minute before admitting defeat.

"You are a strong fighter," I said helping her up.

"I lost," she muttered as I rolled my eyes.

"So did I when I first started training," I said seriously. Henry and I both thought of my first training lesson. I spent the entire day with my back to the mat. I was horrible at fighting but I soon learned to analyze movements to find the weak points of each individual.

"Okay now pair up and fight using the techniques I showed you yesterday," Henry said as I grabbed my water. I took a sip before returning to watch the recruits fight. I ranked each recruit in my head best to worst and Jessie was the top. She was fast and strong without fear. She had a fluidity the other recruits didn't have yet. One of the trainees showed some concerning flaws. While his fighting was solid he fought dirty and didn't fight to protect but to win. He also never let off even when his partner asked for a break. I bit my lip resisting the urge to put him in his place.

"Rebecca," I heard my mother's voice call to me. I walked toward her as the recruits turned their gazes toward my mother.

"What's up?" I asked her as she led me outside.

"I have to go out of town and wanted to know if you wanted to have a test run as Alpha," my mother asked as I grinned.

"Really?" I gasped as she nodded. I wrapped my arms around her. "Thank you!"

"If you need anything just call me," she said before getting into her car. I walked back into the gym with a smirk on my face. Once inside I saw Henry had dismissed the trainees.

"I think we should go out. Just us," Henry smiled at me.

"What are we doing?" I asked taking his hand.

"Something amazing," Henry said pulling me out of the building. I climbed into his car buckling up. He drove up into the mountains stopping once we reached the top. My lips parted at the breathtaking view. We got out of the car walking into the field. I sat on Henry's lap as his arms wrapped around my waist.

"I think amazing was an understatement," I said with a smile. "I've been so busy lately that I forgot how good hanging out with you was."

"So what did your mother want?" Henry asked as I sighed.

"I'm playing Alpha for a little while. She has an out of town meeting to go to," I said facing him.

"That's great," Henry said. I loved how supportive he was but I knew being Alpha meant less time with him. His smile faded as he read my emotions. "What's wrong?"

"I just wish I could have you and Alpha without sacrificing the other," I said softly.

"It isn't your fault. Both of us want demanding jobs so our free time doesn't always lineup. I promise if it came between you being Alpha and me hanging out with you, I would quit training people," Henry said as guilt hit me.

"But you love training," I muttered as he laughed.

"I enjoy training but I love you Becca," Henry said firmly. "You should be Alpha and not feel torn between your job and your personal life."

"I love you," I said moments before my lips crashed against his. My heart raced as he pulled me closer. I draped my arms around Henry as electricity ran across my skin. I loved Henry and there was something beautiful about the normalcy of our relationship. We had conversations and feelings that had nothing to do with being Lycans. I only hoped that the calm would last.