Ch. 10 Worst Feeling

I stood next to Henry for a moment longer before handing him the painting.

"Keep this for me," I said before walking straight home. I went into my room sitting on the bed. My mind kept turning with thoughts in my head. Henry loved me but I couldn't remember him. Was that why I broke up with Ben? I hated the confusion running through my body. I bit my lip before walking to Sapphire's room. She might be able to help me remember.

"Rebecca," Sapphire said as if sensing me. I stepped into the room shutting the door behind me.

"My mother took some of my memories," I said as her lips parted slightly. "I want them back."

"Do you know how?" She asked me.

"A witch cast a spell," I said softly.

"Do you know which spell?" Sapphire questioned as I shook my head.

"I need to know why she took my memories and what kind of danger I am in," I said firmly.

"Unless you know the witch or the spell no one can bring back your memories," Sapphire said with pity in her gaze.

"There has to be a way," I said as she sighed.

"I'm sorry but only you can bring back those memories and you can only get small pieces," Sapphire said as I sat on her bed. How could my mother take my memories and change the course of my life?

"She destroyed everything," I snapped the anger inside me rising with each word. "The only thing I remember was bleeding out in Henry's arms. He loved me and I don't even remember him."

"She erased a person from your mind," Sapphire said with disgust in her gaze.

"Yes and her hiding my memories puts me in danger. People had figured out I was a Gemini Lycan so even if I don't know how to fight they are coming," I said as Sapphire sighed. She knew I was correct in my assessment but there wasn't anything she could do to change the situation. I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration.

"I could ask your mom and see if she'll tell me," Sapphire said as I looked at her.

"She can't know that I know," I told her as she nodded.

"I agree," Sapphire said as I got up.

"I'm going to see Henry again," I said before sneaking out of the house. I sprinted to the gym to see Henry waiting outside. He knew I would come back.

"Rebecca," Henry said as I sat on the steps.

"I need to know," I said simply. "Did I leave Ben for you?"

"I don't know that answer," Henry said as I looked at him.

"I hate this feeling! I can't stand not knowing the truth," I said as Henry sat down next to me.

"I promise to do everything I can to help you through this," Henry said as I leaned against him.

"Do you know what spell they used or maybe even the person who took my memories?" I asked as he shook his head.

"I wish I did," Henry said as I looked into his dark gaze.

"I just want the truth and my mom hides it from me," I whispered as Henry wrapped his arm around me. A light filled my body as Henry's arm held me against him. The warmth I felt in his arms made me question everything. I thought I loved Ben but with my memories gone how could I be sure of anything anymore. I got to my feet slowly as I got another flash of memory.

"Becca, where are you?" Henry said as I hid behind a tree. I gasped as two arms wrapped around me waist pulling me to the ground. "Found you!" Henry said as his fingers tickled me. I giggled as Henry smiled at me. He stopped abruptly just staring down at me.

"What?" I asked my heart pounding with anticipation.

"Nothing," he said getting off me. I got up but couldn't help the disappointment in my body. I wanted him to tell me he loved me but he said nothing. Maybe I just imagined his feelings for me.

I turned toward Henry before another memory consumed me.

I stood in a red dress at the dance. Henry had run off with some girl leaving me alone. Henry was supposed to hang with me at the dance and instead he left me alone.

"Do you want to dance?" A voice said pulling me from my thoughts. I looked up into his kind blue gaze with a smile.

"I'm Rebecca," I said as he took my hand.

"Ben," he said leading me to the dance floor. We glided across the dance floor his arms around my waist. "You are easily the most beautiful girl here." A blush spread across my cheeks as my breath hitched.

"Thank you," I said before the dance came to an end.

"Would you like to go out?" He asked as I nodded. I took his phone putting my number in.

"Make sure to call me," I said looking around for Henry, my ride. "Do you have a car?"

"Yeah," he said as I faced him.

"Can I have a ride?" I asked as he nodded. We walked to his car. I got in as he started the car. He drove me home before I got out. He walked me to the door. "Thank you for giving me a ride. I had a great time with you."

"Me too," Ben said as we inched closer together. Our lips touched as an electricity ripped through my body. We pulled apart looking at each other with fascination. "Goodnight Becca."

"Goodnight Ben," I said with a smile tugging at my lips. I slipped inside shutting the door. My heart raced as I thought of the kiss. My fingers touched my lips before I ran up stairs.

At least I know how I really met Ben now. That memory changed my perception of Henry. He is the kind of friend who left me at a dance. The only question was did I care?