Ch. 22 Lost

The week dragged slowly by as I met with the fighters to train and strategize. The day finally came when we would go to retrieve Henry.

"Van try finding Henry once more," I said as I pulled my hair into a high ponytail. Van nodded before his brows scrunched.

"They moved him but I can't tell where," Van sighed as my lips parted.

"Damn it," I shrieked clenching my hands. "I should have realized they would move him!" My heart pounded as tears filled my eyes. I couldn't help him even with all the resources I had. I walked away from Van into the gym. I needed to let the rage out. My fist connected with the punching bag over and over as tears of anger rushed down my face. Images of Rick flashed through my mind. Images of him hurting Henry as I stayed here helplessly unable to save Henry. I beat the bag until my knuckles throbbed and my body ached. My hands hung at my side as I breathed heavily. I turned on my heels making my way to Henry's apartment. I stepped inside grabbing a water bottle. I chugged the entire bottle before jumping into the shower to wash the sweat off my skin. I pulled light blue jeans and a pink tank top on.

"Becca," my mother said cautiously.

"I can't handle your pity right now," I said harshly. "Pity won't fix the situation."

"We are going to interrogate Bryce. Would you like to come?" My mother asked as I nodded. I gripped my gun in my hand as we got in the SUV. We sped to the holding cells as I stared blankly out the window. The car slowed as my mom and I hopped out of the car. We rushed into the building and straight into the interrogation room. I stood by the door as my mother sat down in front of Bryce.

"What brings you here Alpha?" Bryce asked flatly.

"How much do you know about Rick and his army?" My mother asked as I leaned against the wall.

"I don't know anything," Bryce said firmly. His eyes flickered to me as I narrowed my eyes. He knew something and his knowledge had to do with me.

"He's lying," I said walking to the table. "What do you know?"

"I don't know that much," Bryce sighed. "They want you back Rebecca."

"Do you know where they are keeping Henry?" I asked softly as he frowned.

"I didn't know they took him," Bryce muttered as I stepped away from him. My mother got to her feet as we made our way back to the car. Once I was back in Henry's apartment I locked myself in his room. Tears spilled down my face rapidly and I couldn't let anyone see my emotions. I got lost in the sea of memories.

Two arms wrapped around my waist as a smile spread across my face. I turned toward Henry as he grinned.

"Becca," he greeted me as we walked toward the water.

"I can't wait to go swimming. It has been too long since we just hung out," I said as Henry pulled his shirt off. I found myself staring at my best friend's abs until he plunged into the warm summer water. I shook off the butterflies as I yanked my tank top and jean shorts off exposing my blue bikini.

"Hurry up," Henry whined as I sprinted off the dock and into the lake.

"Better?" I teased as he splashed me. I gasped with a moment of shock before I slapped the water. "I am so going to get you." Henry took off toward the middle of the lake. I followed him quickly flinging water at him as I went. We splashed each other for a while laughing the morning away.

"Becca," Ben yelled from the dock. My joy seemed to fade as I swam back to shore. I climbed out as Ben pressed his lips to mine.

"What are you doing here?" I asked as Henry glared at Ben.

"I thought we could get lunch," he said as I sighed.

"I made plans with Henry today," I said calmly.

"But I'm your boyfriend," he said pulling me toward his car. I glanced back at Henry before I got my clothes on. I climbed into Ben's car reluctantly leaving Henry alone at the beach.
---
"Rebecca," my mother called as I walked downstairs.

"Yes mom," I smiled when I saw Henry.

"Hey Cupcake," Henry said as I rushed into his arms. Henry had been gone for months with the council and I missed him.

"Henry," I breathed in his scent as he squeezed me. My mother watched us with a knowing gaze. She had figured out about my attraction to Henry long ago. I pulled away looking into his chocolate eyes. "How long are you here for?"

"I'm back for good Rebecca," Henry said as my heart raced.

"I missed you so much Henry," I smiled as he held my hand.

"And I missed you," he said a glimmer of an emotion in his eyes. I didn't know what emotion but I knew I enjoyed seeing the flash in his eyes.

I cried until I had no more tears. I missed his smile and I longed for his touch. I lay on the bed holding the pillow. My sadness numbed every other emotion inside my body. I could only feel the overwhelming agony inside me. I needed to save Henry but how?