Ch. 12 Conversation

I took Ben's hand leading him to my room. I shut the door taking a shaky breath. I reached up touching the heart. I placed the cupcake on the nightstand before facing Ben.

"Ben," I said as his eyes filled with sadness. "I need you to listen carefully. My mother took all my memories from me. The small details I remember involve our break up the first time. I know at this moment I love you but when I dumped you I did it because I loved Henry. I think we should break up until I get all my memories back. I don't remember why I loved the other guy but I know I can't hurt you like that again."

"You want to break up with me even though you love me?" Ben asked as I sighed.

"I love you and no matter what I will love you but I don't want to risk the pain it could cause if I remember my feelings for Henry," I said softly.

"I can't believe you are breaking up with me, again!" Ben yelled as I held back the tears. He had every right to be angry.

"I didn't know that I loved the other guy until now," I said calmly. "I'm sorry."

"I have done everything for you and you still crushed me," Ben screamed as I took the necklace off. I didn't deserve to keep the necklace.

"I promise I will do everything I can to remember," I told him handing the necklace back. Ben glared before storming out of the room. I jumped hearing the front door slam. Happy birthday to me, I thought bitterly. I looked at the cupcake resting on the nightstand before taking a bite. The frosting was amazing. I finished the cupcake quickly before heading down stairs. My mom and sister looked at me with pity.

"What happened between this morning and now?" My mom asked me.

"I didn't love him the way he loves me. I figured this out throughout the day," I muttered as my sister got up pulling me into her arms.

"I'm sorry he broke up with you," she said as I pushed her away.

"I dumped him Ari," I said as my mother looked at me with suspicion.

"Why? You said you loved him," Ariana gasped as I looked toward my mom.

"You want to explain this to her or should I?" I demanded harshly.

"She remembers her feelings for Henry," my mother said simply. "How you remember is a mystery to me."

"You can't hide the truth forever," I said as she stood up. "I only remember pieces, now unless you give the memories back I'm leaving now!"

"I will give you the spell but you will have to locate a witch," my mother said walking to a bookshelf. She opened a book ripping a page out handing the paper to me.

"Thank you," I said rushing to Sapphire's room. "I got the spell."

"Really?" Sapphire said as I handed the yellow paper worn with age. "Van!" I watched as a man materialized before my eyes.

"Who is he?" I asked as she smirked.

"My husband," She said handing him the spell. "Can you restore her memories?"

"Easily," Van said blasting me with his magic. I slipped into the darkness the memories floating before me. A bright light filled the darkness before my eyes opened to the world.

"Thank you for helping me!" I smiled as my memories filled my mind. I remember everything including my feelings for Henry.

"Happy birthday," Sapphire said as I sprinted out of the house. While I was still weak from lack of exercise I recalled my training. I reached Henry's apartment as my heart pounded in my chest. I knocked on the door waiting with excitement.

"Rebecca," Henry spoke as he opened the door. I rushed forward my lips crashing against his. I loved him without a doubt. He was my everything. He held me close as an electricity ripped through me. The kiss deepened as we stumbled into his apartment. He shut the door as we made our way to the bedroom. We shed the clothes separating us as his touch woke my body. His lips caressed my neck as I breathed heavily. We fit together like one. I collapsed against Henry our bodies slick with sweat.

"I remember you," I smiled as he wrapped his arm around my waist.

"Good because if you didn't I would be confused," Henry smirked as I rested my head on his bare chest.

"I love you and I always have," I said firmly as he gazed into my violet eyes.

"And I love you Rebecca," Henry said as I sat up.

"Henry you were my other half I had been missing. I tried so hard for the longest time to live without you but I couldn't. You are everything I could ever need," I told him as he cupped my cheek.

"I don't know why you love me but I'm glad you do," Henry said as we got out of bed. I pulled my clothes back on as he walked to the kitchen. He grabbed a glass of chocolate milk handing the drink to me.

"Aw, you remembered how I crave chocolate milk after a workout," I smiled chugging the milk. I stood in the kitchen just watching him move.

"Now that you have your memories we need to discuss the people coming for you. I'm amazed they haven't tried to hurt you yet," Henry said as a new memory clicked into place.

"I think they have," I said thinking about school six days ago.

I walked with my class out of the art museum. We headed toward the parking lot across the street when a car barreled toward me. I felt two arms shove me out of the way.

"Are you okay?" My classmate, Kyle, asked me. "That car ran the light." My heart raced with fear and relief that Kyle saved me.

"I'm fine thank you," I said as he nodded. I got onto the bus heading back to school.

"Someone almost ran me over with their car last week," I said as Henry listened with concern. How was I supposed to track them without knowing who they are?

"I promise we will figure this out, together," Henry said. I hoped he was right.