Ch. 9 Warehouse

I sat on the old dirty mattress as Jackson paced around the warehouse. My stomach growled with hunger as Jackson's eyes flashed over to me. He sighed walking out of the warehouse. I pulled against the chain but couldn't break the metal. After five minutes I gave up and instead waited for Jackson to return. I heard his car pull up outside before he strode into the building. He gripped a paper bag tossing the food to me. I ate the sandwich finishing the food in seconds. I hadn't realized how hungry I was until the food touched my lips. I sipped on the water as Jackson watched me.

"We aren't staying long," Jackson said tightly. I looked away from him as my hope faded.

"When will this end? Jackson, the longer you drag this out the more painful it will be for you," I said harshly.

"Soon," he said as my eyes flickered to his. He had a plan, one he refused to share with me. His phone rang as I strained to listen to the conversation. "You got him...Great bring him to us." Jackson hung up as I sat up straighter. Who was coming? My ribs throbbed as I moved but the pain had improved in the twenty four hours we had been inside the warehouse. I heard the gravel crunching underneath tires followed by the slamming of a car door. My eyes widened as a man fell into the warehouse. Henry lay on the cement floor as Jackson smirked.

"Henry," I whispered my eyes tearing away from Henry and back to Jackson. He walked toward Henry as I pulled against the chains holding me. "Leave him alone!"

"Why should I?" Jackson spat as tears glistened in my eyes. I knew I could protect Henry but I had to betray him to do so.

"Because I will love you," I said reluctantly but firmly. My voice didn't tremble with fear as I spoke. "Let him go and I will love you, Jackson." His green gaze stared at me. He liked what I said but he knew why I said I loved him.

"You would die for him," Jackson said softly as my heart raced. Henry stirred slightly rolling onto his side.

"Please, let me love you," I pleaded as Henry's eyes found mine. I couldn't bring myself to look at Henry. Jackson rushed toward me pulling my lips to his. My stomach churned but I leaned closer to Jackson in spite of my hatred inside me.

"Rebecca," Henry's voice called to me but I ignored his pain laced call. I had to save Henry. Jackson pulled away caressing my cheek before unhooking me from the chains. I sat on the edge of the bed before the second man entered the building. He walked over to us healing my wounds. Jackson had a witch on his side. They healed me because I wasn't a threat anymore. By taking Henry they had neutralized my defiance. I got to my feet as Jackson's arm snaked around my waist. "Rebecca."

"She's not your love anymore," Jackson said as I glanced at Henry. The pain in his gaze hurt more than anything Jackson could do to me. My heart fractured at Henry's agony. I resisted the urge to run to Henry as he stared at me. I looked away from Henry turning my attention toward Jackson.

"Shall we leave?" I asked softly. He smiled clinging to my hand. Henry reached for me as we walked out of the warehouse but I avoided his touch. I wouldn't be able to pry myself from his grasp. We headed to Jackson's car while the witch followed us in his own car. We drove all day and halfway through the night in silence before Jackson parked at a motel. We got one room with two beds.

"I will share with Mason," Jackson said planting a kiss on my cheek. I shrugged before stepping into the bathroom to shower. I hadn't bathed in weeks and I felt disgusting. I stepped into the warm liquid leaning against the back of the tub. I washed the dried blood off my body before getting out. I pulled on the shirt and jeans before stepping into the bedroom. I flopped onto the lumpy mattress turning on the TV. I watched the cop show with mild fascination. I allowed myself to forget my predicament for a little while as I stared at the screen.

"Jack," Mason said motioning for him to step into the hallway. "When are we going to the council? We deserve to control all the packs. You have Gemini blood and you are just as strong as Rebecca."

"We will as soon as I marry her," Jackson whispered. "Once we reach Florida I'll marry her and get her to help us."

"You shouldn't trust her. She only came to save that mutt," Mason snapped at Jackson.

"So what? She is strong and will help. If she won't you can end her boyfriend painfully," Jackson said firmly. My heart pounded in my chest as fear wrapped around my throat cutting off my airway. I struggled to breathe as the anxiety filled my body. I scrambled to my feet locking myself in the bathroom. I looked at my face in the mirror trying to calm my rising panic. Could I doom my pack for Henry's safety? I selfishly wanted to help Jackson to protect Henry but my heart knew I shouldn't. Henry wouldn't enjoy my selfish disregard of the pack. Henry would want me to fight against Jackson even if my defiance killed him.

"Come out!" Mason ordered harshly as he banged on the bathroom door. I took one last shaky breath plastering a smile on my face. I stepped out of the bathroom as Mason grabbed my arm.

"What's wrong?" I questioned respectfully.

"What were you doing in there?" He asked harshly.

"I was having a moment," I decided to give him the vague truth. "These past few days have been exhausting mentally and I needed to pull myself together, privately."

"We are leaving in the morning," Mason said after analyzing my words. He believed me for now. I nodded slipping from his grasp. I walked toward the bed curling up underneath the sheets on the razor thin pillow. I folded the pillow three times trying to get comfortable as Jackson turned the lights off. I stared into the darkness unable to sleep my mind racing with confusion. What should I do?