Ch. 6 Sweet Relief

I sat in the room alone dreading the moment Jackson would return. Since I escaped the first time Jackson didn't visit me as frequently. When Jackson did come into the room he asked if I loved him yet and when I said no he would hit me. I longed to see my family again but I knew I most likely would never see them again. I looked at myself in the mirror seeing my eyes were dulled by my misery. My hair a tangled mess because I didn't bother to brush my hair. Being held captive you lose your will to do anything other than sob. I lifted my shirt to examine my stomach. Like most of my body my abdomen had bruises, yellow and purple, old and new. I stared out the window as a tear slipped down my cheek. I opened the window tempted to jump but instead I just breathed in the fresh air. My body stiffened as the smell of blood floated into the room. On the edge of the woods Jackson stood with a small body held in his arms. He hurt or possibly killed a child. He looked at me with a sick smile plastered across his face. He entered the house coming straight to my room.

"Sweetest beauty," Jackson said as I faced him.

"Is the child dead?!" I demanded harshly as he glared.

"Why would I bring back a live child?" He growled as I turned away from him.

"That question is the reason I will never love you. You may have a small glimmer of humanity but the monster is who you truly are," I sniped and to my surprise he left the room without touching me. Hours passed before he came back with food. He put the chicken on the bed his eyes locking onto mine.

"I'm sorry," he said as I shook my head.

"Sorry doesn't work here," I spat. "Saying sorry won't bring back the child or erase the damage you have caused."

"My patience is about to run out my Lycan beauty. I would start being kinder to me," Jackson snapped rushing toward me. He grabbed a fist full of my hair as he yanked me to himself.

"I would rather die than show you even an ounce of kindness," I said defiantly.

"I have been nice to you but that ends now," he dragged me from the room and down the hall. He threw me into the room shutting the door behind him. He grasped my arms chaining them above me. My toes barely touched the floor. I looked around the room seeing so many sharp objects. He strode around the room looking at each object. He grabbed a whittling knife. He turned to face me as I waited for the pain to intensify. "I didn't want to mark your soft flesh but you give me no other choice." I hold back a scream as he sinks the sharp blade into my waist. He ripped the metal across my stomach as I bit my lip to keep from crying out. Jackson watched the blood drip down onto the floor with a chilling fascination. The knife pressed against my left arm as he cut my flesh again.

"I will never change my mind. I would die before I would take back my words you cruel selfish serial killer without a conscience," I yelled as he caressed my cheek.

"You will cave, everyone has a breaking point," Jackson said softly before grabbing a lighter. The flames licked across my stomach. I winced refusing to give into the pain. He grabbed the alcohol dumping the liquid on my wounds. The stinging flooded my body and I still didn't scream. I knew screaming would only encourage Jackson. He grabbed a thin wooden stick hitting my abdomen over and over until the wood snapped. I breathed heavily as he started punching me in the stomach. If I had eaten anything today I would have lost my stomach contents but since my belly held no food I had nothing to puke up. After all day of trying to break me down Jackson left me hanging there alone. My shoulders begged to be let down as my entire body whimpered with pain. I couldn't sleep in this position easily. Late into the night the exhaustion pulled me to sleep.
---
I woke to a sharp pain in my left shoulder. I looked to see a hunting knife embedded in my shoulder.

"Morning my sweet Lycan," Jackson grinned yanking the blade out of my shoulder. I had barely slept two hours and had to be woken by Jackson. My arms had gone numb from hanging from the ceiling for the night. "Sleep well?" He mocked but I stayed quiet. He slapped me across the face when I refused to answer him. "You speak when spoken to!"

"I bend for no one," I growled as he grabbed a gun. He fire two bullets, one into each knee as a small yelp rushed past my lips. Blood dripped down my legs as my body pleaded for relief. I wanted death to take me. I couldn't live like this anymore and death would save everyone the heartache. Jackson would leave and never come back. I could save my family if Jackson would leave the city. Jackson wrapped a rope around my neck cutting off my oxygen. My lungs struggled to suck air into them as my heart beat harder and slower. Moments before I could pass out Jackson let go of the rope. Air rushed into my lungs as Jackson watched me. He splashed ice cold water on me before he opened the window. The cold fall air causing my body to tremble.

"Give in to me and you will have the best of everything," Jackson begged cupping my face in his hands. I spat on his face as his eyes went darker than I had seen before. He plunged a knife into my stomach deeply. "Death is too good for you. I promise I know how to inflict pain without killing you." He stormed out of the room leaving the window open. I just wanted the sweet relief of death, was that too much to ask?