Ch. 7 Reunited

Days of torture passed by and still I refused to give in. Gashes littered by body as I dangled from the ceiling. I hadn't eaten since the torture began. My knees had gone numb and I couldn't feel the gunshot wounds anymore. Jackson paced in front of me debating his next move. He grabbed a taser walking toward me. I knew the pain would return the moment the electricity touched my skin but I couldn't prevent the agony my body had to endure.

"Love me," he said calmly holding the electricity next to my face. He dared me to stay no.

"I will never love you," I said firmly. He pressed the taser to my stomach as my body jerked. Pain erupted throughout my body as my muscles locked up. Jackson turned the taser off as the pain subsided. I breathed heavily as Jackson caressed my cheek.

"Please love me my sweet. If you love me the pain will end," Jackson said as I leaned my head away from him. My body weakened the longer I hung from the ceiling. "I will break you my beautiful Lycan."

"I will die before you break me," I muttered as he grabbed throwing knives. He stood against the wall casually tossing the blade in the air. He caught the metal before he chucked the metal into my arm. A thin line of blood trailed down my arm. He walked toward me gripping my throat. The cool metal rested gently on my face as his green gaze bore into mine.

"I don't want to mark your face but I will if you refuse to give in," Jackson said as I clamped my jaw shut. He sighed, "I guess you leave me with no other option." He ripped the blade across my left cheek. I winced in pain as the blood coated my face. He lashed out with the blade this time across my abdomen. My body cried out in agony as my head leaned back. I fought against my own limits in my defiance of Jackson. The pain would end with death but mine or his? Jackson cut me down as I crashed against the hard floor. He gave me a moment on the ground before chaining me up by my feet. The blood started rushing to my head as he sat in front of me. I struggled to suck the air into my lungs as the room started to spin. After an hour Jackson released the chain. I lay on the floor to weak to move. My eyes drooped as the fatigue rushed through me. Jackson strode out of the room bolting the door behind him. The darkness consumed me quickly.
---
"Henry," I stood in the woods calling out for him. I ran through the forest screaming for Henry. I needed Henry. I felt two arms wrapping around me as his scent washed over me. I faced Henry with relief. I wrapped my arms around his waist relaxing in his embrace.

"Hey Cupcake," he smiled at me. I pressed my lips to his a fire blasting through me.

"I thought I lost you," I muttered as he smiled cupping my cheek.

"Never," he said firmly. I took his hand walking out of the woods. We reached his apartment quickly. We enter the house to find two children playing. "Kids mommy's home."

"Mommy," the little girl hugged my waist as I smiled. We had children. I knew this was a dream but I allowed myself to get lost in the fantasy.

"Hi sweetie," I smiled picking her up. She sucked her thumb resting her head on my shoulder. I walked into the living room planting a kiss on my son's head before carrying my daughter to her room. I placed her in the bed tucking her in. I walked toward the door as her hand reached out to grab my hand.

"Story time mommy," she pouted as I laughed. I picked the book off her nightstand sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Okay but just for a little bit," I said as she curled up. I read page after page until her eyes began to close. I turned out the light walking out of her room. I left the door cracked open.
---
My eyes opened as the harsh reality came crashing down. I was trapped and alone. The darkness swirled around me as I felt myself giving up. I couldn't do the anymore. Tears spilled down my face silently. I needed Henry but he didn't even know where Jackson took me. I crawled toward the knife on the table. My wounds bled as I struggled to reach the blade. I gripped the handle resting the blade against my wrist. One cut and I could end things. One cut and the pain would stop. My hand trembled before I set the knife down. I couldn't do it, I loved Henry too much to end my life. I pictured Henry thinking back to my sweet sixteen party.

I stood in the house in my pink party dress with ruffles on the skirt. The fabric brushed my knees as my heels clicked across the wood floor. The room had a lot of people but there was only one person I wanted to see. I hoped Henry would come back for my birthday but he wasn't here. I stepped outside with my phone in my hand. I dialed his number waiting for him to answer.

"Why so blue Cupcake?" Henry's voice floated toward me. I turned a grin spreading across my face as I hung up the phone. I sprinted down the steps and into his arms.

"I didn't think you were coming," I whispered as he laughed.

"Why would I miss my best friend's birthday?" He smirked as I looped my arm through his dragging him into the house. He stopped me handing me a velvet box. "Happy birthday Rebecca." I opened the box to find a bracelet with a cupcake charm hanging off the silver chain.

"It's beautiful," I muttered looking at the chocolate diamonds on the charm.

Tears fell more rapidly as my body ached for Henry. I had to find a way out of this situation and back to Henry.