Ch. 4 Hello

I woke to my phone ringing. I slipped out of Henry's arms running to the kitchen. I answered the phone quickly.

"Hello," I said leaning against the edge of the counter.

"Rebecca, I need you home right now," my mother said calmly. Her calmness gave away the seriousness of the situation.

"I'll be right there," I said hanging up. I stepped into the bedroom pulling on yesterday's clothes before planting a quick kiss of Henry's lips. I left the apartment my gun strapped to my thigh. I walked down the quiet street all the way to my house. I rushed into the house locating my mother in the dining room.

"Rebecca," my mother said as I sat next to her. "We found a note with the second victim."

"What did the note say?" I asked softly. She handed me the note as my heart raced. The handwriting was neat but the note was written in blood.

Beautiful Lycan,
I write this for my violet eyed prize. I have been caring for you from afar. Daniel was no good and that girl made you look bad so I took care of those issues for you. One day, soon, I will come and we will meet. In your heart you know only I am your love and your heart belongs to me. I have wonderful things in store for us my love. Until we meet again.

My hands trembled as I set the paper on the table. This killer had an obsession with me. My mother watched me as I got to my feet slowly.

"Rebecca," my mother said but her voice barely registered as my mind raced. I knew the killer but who was it? "Sweetie."

"Mom," I whispered facing her. "I'm the reason this is happening and I don't even remember this person."

"We have an advantage. You can draw him out," my mother said.

"How exactly?" I asked as she took my hand.

"If you were to get hurt and stranded somewhere, the killer wouldn't be able to ignore your cries for help," my mother said firmly.

"We don't even fully understand what we are dealing with. Clearly they are some sort of creature but we have no idea how strong they are," I said bluntly. "I think we should wait or at least try and figure out what we are dealing with other than an obsession."

"I don't think waiting is a good idea," my mother said as I sighed. "He already killed two people for you not to mention the humans caught in the crossfire. We can't afford to wait this out."

"What happens when you can't capture him?" I asked. "He will freak out and most likely kill a lot of people starting with me."

"What else should we do Rebecca?" She questioned as I thought over possible solutions. I came up empty.

"Fine I'll help but Henry is not to be involved in any way," I said firmly. She agreed reluctantly before I rushed to my room to change clothes. I slipped on jeans and a red silk tank top on. I clipped my gun around my thigh walking down the stairs. My golden hair fell in waves down my back stopping halfway down.

"I have a team of twenty that are going to watch from a few yards away. You are going into the woods and fall over getting hurt," my mother said calmly. She thought her plan was simple and easy.

"I'm leaving my phone here in case the killer comes. My story will be more believable if I don't have a way to contact you," I said to my mother.

"Good idea," she said as I handed my phone to her. She put my phone on the table before turning back to me. My nerves filled me as I walked toward the front door.

"I hope you are right about this," I muttered before stepping out of the house. My black stilettos clicked across the street as I headed for the forest. Within an hour I reached the middle of the woods where I pretended to trip. I hit the ground a flash of pain rushing through me briefly. I screamed clutching my ankle. "Someone!" I sat on the muddy ground. I wasn't seriously injured but I had to fake the severity. I tried to get up limping before falling onto the ground. I lay on the hard ground staring up at the sky. Maybe we were wrong, the killer isn't watching me. I snapped to a sitting position as a twig cracked. "Hello?" I struggled as a cloth covered my mouth. The harder I squirmed the quicker the haze consumed me.
---
I woke in a small room with one window. I ran to the window seeing I was on the fourth floor with no way to escape. I looked down to see my clothes had been changed. I now wore a black silk slip dress. My fingers grazed a purple diamond necklace. I walked to the door tugging on the handle. I sighed, locked. Where was my back up? I sat on the edge of king size bed covered in black satin sheets. Couldn't be more ironic, a killer who likes black. I glanced around the room taking note of the furniture; two chairs, a desk, and a bookcase full of books. I walked over to the books my lips parting slightly. I grabbed the book about my father off the shelf with confusion. He knew about my family's history. Why would he care for me so much? The door open as I faced the man I assume to be the killer.

"You're awake," he smiled his green eyes sparkling. The killer had my blood running through his veins. The killer had become a bio Lycan at some point. I stayed silent as he closed the distance his hands gripping my arms. "I've missed you so." My blood crawled as I fought to keep my features neutral. I couldn't anger him when I was so vulnerable. I didn't have the upper hand in this situation.

"Who are you?"