Ch. 9 Haunted

I looked at the clock to see I needed to get up soon anyway. I got out of bed pulling on jeans and a silk sky blue tank top on. I grabbed my black leather jacket slipping it on. I threw my backpack over my shoulder exiting the room. I opened the cupboard grabbing a bowl filling the white plastic with oatmeal. I ate the warm food before chugging the orange juice. I put coffee in the coffee maker knowing Ari needed her morning coffee. Once the coffee was ready I poured myself a small cup leaving the rest for Ariana. Five minutes before we have to leave Ariana walks into the kitchen and straight to the coffee. I don't even say good morning to her because she's crabby in the mornings. We walk in silence to our shared black SUV.

"I'll be right back I have to ask mom something," I said turning to see her standing at the front door. I take a shaky breath walking up to her. "Can I hangout with a friend after school?"

"Which friend?" She asked as I contemplated lying to her.

"Ben," I said as her eyes filled with a brief moment of surprise before going cold once more.

"Fine but be back by nine," she said as I smiled.

"Thanks," I said rushing to the car. I got in driving us to school. We went straight to our first class sitting in the back. I handed Ariana the keys since Ben would be giving me a ride later. The teacher lectured as my eyes grew heavy.

"Stupid twins just won't die," the man from my dream yelled. "I even cut the blond's brakes!" I listened outside the room my heart racing. Why would he want to hurt me?

"We will get her don't worry," a feminine voice said soothing the man.

"I can't wait to kill the Gemini then her mother. This pack will be ours," he said as a tear slipped down my face. "What do we do about the twins?"

Unable to stop myself I rushed in only for the blade to enter my stomach. Henry rushed in shooting the man before catching me in his arms.

"Hold on Becca," he begged with tears in his gaze. He tried desperately to slow the bleeding. "I love you Becca you can't leave me," were the final words I heard before I fell into the darkness of unconsciousness.

I snapped awake breathing heavily as my sister watched me from the corner of her eyes. I scrambled to shove my books away keeping myself together as long as possible. I shot the teacher an apologetic look before fleeing out of the room. I rushed into the bathroom locking the stall door. I broke down in sobs unsure what was real and what wasn't. That could only be a dream right? I wiped my tears pulling my emotions back as I opened the door. I splashed cool water on my face before leaving the bathroom. Passing time had started so I walked straight to my next class. Instead of finishing my wolf painting I decided to paint the man in my dreams and the woman I saw with him. I focused on the woman, her dark eyes and red hair. She had freckles across her nose and a wickedness in her gaze. She was evilly beautiful. I managed to complete the painting by the end of class. I put the painting back but would return to get it later. The rest of the day flew by and at the end of the day I grabbed the painting before meeting Ben at his car.

"Hey beautiful," Ben said as I pressed my lips to his firmly. I felt off but I pushed my feelings aside getting into the car. "So date or not?" I totally forgot to tell him the answer but now I dreaded what I had to do.

"She said no," I lied. I needed to talk to Henry about my dream.

"Man I really wanted to take you to dinner and a movie," Ben said as I just looked out the window. Neither of us spoke on the way home. "Is something wrong?"

"I'm just thinking about something," I reassured him. He pulls up at my house. I face him planting a quick kiss before getting out with my painting. I watch as he drives away before running to the training center. Henry stood with a group of people talking them through a fighting move. "Henry." He looked over at me with a smile. He ran over to me.

"You here to train?" He asked as I shook my head. I pulled him outside away from the people in the gym.

"I need you to see something I painted today," I said holding the painting out to him. I watched his gaze go from curious to recognition.

"How much do you remember?" He asked softly turning his gaze back to me.

"I remember you saving me and saying you loved me but then nothing," I said as he took my hand.

"You can't tell your mother about this," Henry said seriously. I saw a glimmer of fear in his chocolate eyes.

"Why didn't I remember?" I asked as he sighed.

"Your mother approached a witch about wiping all the memories you had about being a Gemini Lycan," Henry said softly.

"Were we together?" I asked as he shook his head.

"No, I didn't know how to tell you how I felt. We had been best friends for years before you got hurt," Henry said as I leaned against the building.

"I wish I could remember," I said in frustration. I craved the knowledge I was missing desperately.

"I will try my best to fill in the gaps Becca," Henry said softly.

"Are any of my memories real?" I asked as he nodded.

"Most are, just the ones I was in were changed because I helped train you to fight," Henry said as I sighed. Why does my mother think hiding things is the answer?