Ch. 19 Blood

The next day I woke to an alarm. I rushed to my feet as did Tasha. She tossed me a gun after I yanked jeans and a white tank top on.

"What's happening?" I asked as we rushed downstairs. We stepped out into the bright moon lit night. Tasha led me to a truck ordering me to get in. We drove deep into the woods. My eyes flew to a shadowy figure of a Lycan before the truck.

"Shoot it," Tasha said as tears filled my eyes. I didn't want to hurt my own pack but if I refused my cover would be blown. I aimed out the window missing the Lycan on purpose. The gun shot scared the Lycan away as Tasha glared at me.

"Damn I missed," I groaned as she drove after the Lycan.

"No crap," she spat harshly.

"I'm sorry I've never shot a gun before," I lied as she kept searching for the Lycan.

"Did you see where the stupid wolf ran?" She asked me.

"I'm not sure but I think to the left," I said knowing the Lycan went to the right. We drove around for hours until the sun came up. Tasha sighed driving us back to the compound. We got out as she ran inside. I dragged my feet as I walked into the facility. I froze seeing Henry arguing with Rick. "What's going on?"

"Nothing," Henry said harshly.

"It doesn't seem like nothing," I said as Rick approached me.

"Just go relax and I'll see you in a minute," Rick said as I sighed. I made my way to my room flopping onto the bed. The late night drained my energy. I pulled out my phone texting my mom.

Me: Last night I shot at a Lycan. I missed but you need to keep the Lycans closer to home. They already have some girl in a cage.

Mom: Have you learned anything else?

Me: Rick is in charge and I have gained his trust. He thinks I'm attracted to him.

Mom: Can you take him out?

Me: I can but that wouldn't solve the problem. There are at least thirty people here who are trying to become Lycan not to mention the ones who don't live at the facility.

Mom: I am pulling the plug. Get out of there with Henry and come home. This is too big for a two man mission.

Me: but if I stay I could figure out the plan. Rick trusts me and I think he will take me to parts of the facility I don't have access to yet.

Mom: two days and then I want you out of there.

Me: deal

I slipped my phone in my back pocket standing up. I paced in my room for a while until I heard a knock. I opened the door to see Henry with a black eye.

"What happened?" I gasped pulling him to my bed.

"Your boyfriend said something I couldn't let slide as your brother," Henry said as I noticed Rick standing in the hallway. I pretended not to notice.

"What did he say?" I asked firmly.

"He called you a slut," Henry said as I crossed my arms.

"I don't believe you. Ricky isn't like that!" I snapped glaring at him. Henry paused for a moment before he too saw Rick in the hallway.

"I am telling the truth," Henry said as I shot him a glare before storming out of the room. I faced Rick seeing he had a busted lip. I forced tears to fill my eyes as I reached for him.

"I'm so sorry. Will had no right to hurt you," I said as Rick flashed me a small smile. "I'll make him leave today."

"Are you going with him?" Rick asked as I shook my head.

"No I don't want to leave. I think I really like you Rick," I said softly as he snaked his arm around me.

"I'll have one of my guys get rid of him," Rick said to me. We walked to the stairs going to the top floor. Rick unlocked a room and there we hundreds of files. He gripped my hand leading me past all the papers and into his bedroom. He wanted to sleep with me. I didn't have a choice. I needed to see the files and this was the only way to see them. Rick pressed his hard lips against mine as I wrapped my arms around him. I pulled his shirt off as his fingers ran through my hair. I gasped as his lips dug into my collarbone. He pulled my shirt off as we stumbled onto the silk sheets. Our breath mixed together as sweat soaked my pale skin. He collapsed against me wrapping his arm around my waist. He spooned me close as he shut his eyes. I stared at the wall until his breathing grew steady and slow. I slipped free from his grasp hoping he wouldn't wake up. I got dressed and stepped into the room with all the files. I saw a file labeled Gwen picking it up. I took pictures of everything in the file including an extraction plan. Their plan was to attack the safe house that they had already located through another source inside our pack. The attack would happen in five days with a team of forty. I put the file back when I noticed a name sticking out of the group, Bryce. I grabbed the file as my heart sunk. The source was Bryce my mother's most trusted guard. He had the greatest amount of access to my mom. Her safety dangled on the edge of chaos. One word from Bryce and she would be attacked.

"What are you up to Bryce?" I muttered to myself. I put the file back walking past Rick's desk. I saw a chemical formula that they thought could make Lycans with my mother's blood. I looked through the stuff on his desk searching for more information.

Rick's voice made my heart race and my body tense. "What are you doing?"