Ch. 7 Blow Up

Ariana parked her car as I froze. I didn't want to get out and I didn't want to go inside.

"Becca, you are going to be fine," Ariana said as I sighed. I slung my backpack over my shoulder getting out of the car. I walked into the house to find my mother waiting. My heart pounded in my chest as she glared at me. Ariana sprinted past me and up to our room. I think Ariana wanted no part of this argument.

"Nice of you to come home," my mother said coolly. I set my bag down as I shrugged.

"Would have been nice if I actually had freedom here," I returned as she marched toward me. "You know most parents don't control their children as much as you do."

"Do you have any idea the things I have done to keep you safe?!" My mother growled. "But never mind me how about your father who hid my pregnancy from everyone so no one would hurt you!"

"No, you don't get to use him against me. I have asked you for years about him and all I got was later," I snapped as she glared.

"Where were you last night? I asked everyone I could could think of and no one knew. Your sister didn't even know," my mother demanded. I knew Ariana had lied to her because I told her about Ben. I felt bad putting her in the middle.

"None of your business. If you aren't going to e honest with me why should I be to you," I retorted as she held out her hand.

"Phone now," she ordered. I didn't want to hand the device over but she pays for my cellphone so technically she owns it. I whipped my phone out handing it to her. I grabbed my bag walking up to my room. "You better not leave because I will check."

"Good," I screamed slamming my room door. Ariana looked up from her homework briefly before turning her attention back to her pile. I sat on my bed frustration oozing off my body. I pulled my textbook out to distract myself from the thoughts racing through my mind.

"Hey sis," Ariana said causing me to look up from the book.

"Yeah?" I asked as she got up walking over to me.

"Can you read my paper and tell me if you think it's good?" She asked as I nodded. I took the laptop scrolling through her three page literary paper.

"I like it but don't forget to put a reference list," I said handing the computer back. I returned to my book finishing my only homework. I looked at the clock and sighed. My homework hadn't even taken me an hour and now I had nothing to do. I hopped out of bed walking down the hall to Sapphire's room. I knocked before slipping inside.

"Rebecca," Sapphire said as I sat on her bed. "You look upset."

"I am," I said as she sat down beside me.

"What's wrong?" She asked as I looked down.

"Every time my mother and I fight she uses my dad against me. I don't even know anything about him and she won't talk about him," I said as she smiled. She reached over to the dresser grabbing a picture frame. She handed the photo to me and I saw them both smiling.

"This is your father," she said though I already knew. "He was a great man. He loved to tease me but always had time to help if need be. The hardest thing I recall for him was choosing between me and your mother."

"Why did he have to choose?" I asked as a moment of pain flashed in her gaze.

"I became the Alpha of a different pack and he didn't want to leave her. I put him in a horrible spot so we went separate ways," she said as I nodded.

"Why is my mom so afraid of me being a Gemini?" I asked as she looked at me.

"When my pack found out about me they tried to kill my brother before I received my full power. They failed but we still weren't safe and they attacked us constantly. Even my own father tried to kill me," Sapphire said as I listened. "Your father saved my life more than once. He was so strong but super sweet. He never once betrayed me."

"Is my mother right? Would he want me to suppress my power?" I asked as she shook her head.

"The only way we were safe was in the open. We had the council's protection so no one could touch us," Sapphire said as I nodded. "A few people ignored the council but overall we became safer."

"I just wish I had met him," I said quietly. Sapphire gripped my hand with a small smile.

"He would be proud of you Rebecca," Sapphire said as I wrapped my arms around her. "You are fighting for what you believe to be right no matter the personal consequences." I smiled at the thought.

"Thanks for telling me about him," I said as rubbed my back. I got off her bed handing the picture to her.

"Keep it," she said to me.

"Really? Thank you," I said walking back to my room. I set the photo on my nightstand with a grin on my face. I may be angry with my mother but at least I knew more about my father now. The door swung open to reveal my mother. Her eyes still held anger in them but she didn't say anything. That is until she noticed the picture. I watched her go from angry to full of rage.

"Where did you get that?!" She demanded as I looked at her.

"I asked Sapphire about him since you won't tell me about my father!" I sniped as she rushed forward.

"She had no right to fill you head with stories of your father. She left us all behind and didn't know what your father became!" My mother snapped as Ariana looked up at us. I couldn't believe she didn't want me to know about him. I thought talking about my father was too painful for her I didn't think she kept the knowledge from me on purpose.

"We have a right to know about him," I said as Ariana agreed. How could she hate him so much to hide him from us?