Help ~ Kindaichi Yuutarou 2

You yawned and took a deep breath. Classes were always boring. After classes when it was time for lunch, you never had plans. You had no friends to have lunch with and your only activity at this time was receiving love confessions from your admirers, most of which you didn't know. However, no such plans today so you were just going to sit in your class and eat.

While you were eating in the classroom, a boy looking to be your age entered the room. You saw him go up to one of the girls in the room and you faintly heard him say; "Is there a L/N F/N in this class?" Your eyes widened. This was new. Usually the boys at least knew your name before confessing.
The girl this boy spoke to pointed in your direction and he thanked her before walking over to your desk.

"Excuse me. Are you L/N F/N by any chance?" He asked as you, not really looking at you. "Hello. Yes that's me can I help you?" You said, smiling. As soon as the boy caught sight of your delicate features and your beautiful smile, he blushed pretty distinctly. "Euh I uh... Y-yeah." He started. "There's someone looking for you. He's outside in the east hallway." He instructed, rubbing the back of his neck, awkwardly. He was obviously flustered by your adorable appearance. You nodded and thanked him. He nodded back.

You packed up your bento and made your way to the east hall where the boy told you to go. On your way, there were boys nudging each other and whispering things among each other. "She's cute." They'd say or "Ask her." "No you ask her!" This wasn't new to you. One boy even went up to you and acted like he wanted to start a conversation with you. "Sorry please excuse me." You politely declined and kept walking.

You pushed past the people blocking you and looked around, avoiding the gazes of your admirers to find who was looking for you. Finally, you spotted someone familiar.

It was Kindaichi. He was standing there in the hallway with a shorter guy who was also on the volleyball team. He soon noticed your presence and waved away his friend. He then walked closer to you. "Hello Kindaichi-Kun." You smiled. "Uh hi. You could just call me by my last name. The Kun at the end's not important." He said. "Alright." You said and nodded. "I'd love to speak but I have someone to meet." You said and started to dismiss yourself.

"Hey wait!" Kindaichi said loudly and grabbed your wrist. "Oh sorry." He apologized and let go. "I was the one that asked to meet here." He muttered quietly but loudly enough for you to hear him. "Alright then." You stopped and waited for him to say something. Was he going to ask you out like most guys did? If he was going to ask you out you'd kind of be obligated to accept since he DID help you out the other day. His kindness should be rewarded.

"I wanted to ask for the names of the girls that were bullying you." He said confidently. You blinked a few times. "I...Why do you want to know that?" You asked. "Because they shouldn't get away with it. I was going to report them to the office but I don't know any of their names. I know what a few of them look like but not the names." He informed you. "I see." You said. "Well there's been only five of them that have been giving me a hard time." You mumbled. "What do you mean only five? No one should be bullying you at all." He said sounding bothered by the fact that you were used to this treatment. "A-anyway, I know the name of only one of them. But she's never said anything to me or done anything. She's just there with the crowd. She actually tried to stop them last time." You told him.

Kindaichi scratched the back of his head. "We could ask her. I'm sure she knows their names." He muttered. "What's her-" Kindaichi was cut off by the bell ringing. "Damn. We should get back to class." You said. "And her name's Hayuzaki Hanako." You said lastly and waved him goodbye as you speed walked to your class.

It was the middle of class when you were called to the office. You assumed that Kindaichi had said something to the principal. But when you walked into the office, he wasn't there. There was Hayuzaki-San, the silent one that you had mentioned to Kindaichi and the other four girls that were tormenting you.

The other four girls were glaring at Hayuzaki but quickly shifted their gazes to you once you entered. "Please have a seat, L/N." The principal spoke softly. You nodded and sat beside Hayuzaki.

"Thank you for bringing this to my attention, Hayuzaki." The principal stated. You looked at her with wide eyes. She was the one that snitched on the other girls? "It seems that you have once again become a target, L/N." The principal looked at you. "Y-yes sir." You stuttered. You remembered the last time you were in this office. Another group of girls were on your right. On your left was Oikawa who was holding your hand the entire time. You really wished you had that support now. But you didn't.

After the Meeting

You exited the school building. The principal had phoned the parents of the bullies and had the four nameless girls expelled. Hayuzaki was simply suspended with minor slaps on the wrist.

You walked, pretty relieved that you'd be walking peacefully without the fear of being attacked once again. "L/N-San!" You heard a familiar voice call. You looked to where the voice came from to see half of the boy's volleyball team all talking by the gym. One of which was Oikawa who looked at you for a long time. You two made perfect eye contact for a very long while. You ended up looking to who actually called your name. Kindaichi had just said his goodbyes to the team and joined you.

You said hello and briefly looked back at his team and the four third years. Mattsun, Makki and Iwaizumi waved at you. You waved back. Oikawa just stared at you, then Kindaichi, then back at you and lastly at Kindaichi.

"So I heard that some girls got expelled today." Kindaichi spoke. "Yeah. It turns out it was Hiyuzaki who told the principal." You told him, happily. "That's good." He sounded just as happy as you did. "Thank you. For everything." You felt tears well up in your eyes. You were finally free. Other girls now knew that it wasn't only Oikawa who would protect you but others who were kind enough to care and not leave your side like he did.

You wiped away any possible tears threatening to flow from your eyes. "You don't have to thank me. You should be okay now. No one is going to bother you like that again." Kindaichi said sounding confident.

You arrived at your home. Of course, a small part of you didn't want this to end. You didn't want Kindaichi to only be by your side when you were being bullied or you'd never see him again. As he said goodbye and turned to leave, you opened your mouth to say something. Something to make him stay. Something inside of you didn't want to let him go so you had to say just a few words. But before you could say anything, he said them for you.

"Can we... Maybe... Hang out or do something... Together." He turned suddenly and asked with his face bright red. Do something together. What could we possibly do together? You thought for a moment. NO! Nothing dirty F/N my goodness... You scolded yourself internally.

"It didn't come out as well as I planned." He laughed. So cute. "I meant. I want to see you more often." He corrected himself. "I want to see you more often too." You felt your cheeks heating up. His face brightened in the reddish color. "Great! I'll see you at school!" He began walking and waved. You waved back, knowing this wouldn't be the last time you saw him.