Stares ~ Nishinoya Yuu 1

A friend of your's, Izumi loved to watch the boys on the volleyball team. There were things she loved about each of them. You still couldn't memorize all the things that she loved so you'd constantly ask her, it was fun to see her admiring different things about people she barely knew.

You both sat and watched the practice. "So, who's your favorite on the team?" You asked Izumi. "I don't have a favorite, F/N! I love them all!"She exclaimed "Why?" You asked like a weirdo. "Okay. Well the captain has nice thighs." She began.

"The silver haired guy talking to him is a super cute and his laugh is adorable." She stated as you looked over to the captain and vice captain speaking to each other. There was another taller but awkward looking guy with long hair also speaking to them. "What about him?" You asked. "I like how he looks like he's thirty even though he's seventeen." Izumi said loudly.

You quickly heard two voices screaming at each other from the other side of the gym and turned your attention towards them. There was a tall guy with dark hair glaring at a shorter ginger who sounded like a girl and was screaming something at him. Behind them, there were two others laughing at them. A tall, blonde guy wearing glasses who looked super cocky and a cute guy with darker skin and freckles who laughed with the glasses guy.

"What about them?" You asked. "Well the little one can jump super high. The angry one gives me the creeps but he's really precise with his sets. He's also handsome." Izumi stated. You nodded in agreement. "Those two at the back, I can't really tell if they're dating or not but I'm sure they aren't. The freckles guy is adorable and is super polite. His glasses friend though is handsome but there's not much I like about him. He acts like a total dick." She finished saying with a scoff. "Maybe he's compensating for something." You grinned. "Was that a Shrek reference?" Izumi laughed.

You looked to the side and saw one of your classmates, Ennoshita conversing with two other guys who you usually saw in the bench. "What about them?" You asked Izumi. "I have a little crush on the bald one. The shorter one with light hair is super cute. He helped me pick up my books when I dropped them in the hallway once. And the one with dark hair seems to be the only guy who doesn't drool over Shimizu. Aside from glasses guy." She said.

Then you noticed that two other guys had just ran in. One, you could identify as Tanaka but the other, you didn't know of. "Why are you two late?" The captain commanded. Izumi whispered to you, "Tanaka has big muscles. It makes up for his stupidity." You laughed in response, gaining the attention of one of the two who just came in late. He stared at you for a while. You looked back, making perfect eye contact.

Izumi noticed. "The short guy's making eyes at you." She whispered. You shook your head. "No he's not." You muttered and broke eye contact with him. Besides breaking eye contact, he still eyed you.

"Sorry Dai-San. The dean got mad at me fore taking off my shirt in the hallway again." Tanaka apologized. The captain sighed. "And what's your excuse, Nishinoya?" He asked. The tiny guy he was talking to didn't even notice he said something and continued to stare at you. "Told you. He's not even listening to the captain." Izumi giggled.
You felt your cheeks get red but ignored it and rubbed the back of your neck.

"Nishinoya?" The silver haired guy asked. "Uh. Noya!" Tanaka got his attention. "Wha- huh? What?" He asked. "We asked why you were late." The captain reminded him. "Uh I got in trouble for running in the halls." He mumbled and glanced back at you a bit. "Why're you so distracted today?" The silver haired guy asked.

Tanaka already noticed that Nishinoya wasn't making an effort to hide his stares and grinned in your direction. You gave a small wave to Tanaka since you've already become friends with him.

"Hey, Noya. You're staring at L/N." Tanaka taunted and nudged the shorty beside him. "Told you!" Izumi laughed obnoxiously. "W-whaaaat? No I'm not!" Nishinoya defended himself. "A-anyway! Uh, practice." He said loudly and ran to the far side of the gym, glancing at you a little bit.

Nishinoya's Side
"As soon as I heard that laugh, obviously I was going to look. I never thought I'd see someone prettier than Shimizu or my mom but right there, across the gym, a girl I never saw before was just watching us and laughing with another girl. I only stared at her for like a second when she looked right at me. Usually I would look away and be embarrassed that I got caught staring but I couldn't look away. There's just something about her. Ryu just had to intrude and say out loud that I was staring. At least I got her name." Nishinoya thought to himself as he continued to run to the supplies closet to change. He felt insecure to be changing in the middle of the gym while L/N were there to see.

He took a few more glances her way as he ran. "She's so pretty." He thought. And then- "Ouch! Watch where you're going!" The irritated voice of Tsukishima intruded Nishinoya's thoughts.

"WHAT THE HELL?!" Tanaka yelled, laughing his ass off at what just happened. Nishinoya, wasn't paying attention and tripped over Tsukishima who was currently trying to receive a ball. After tripping over his teammate, Nishinoya landed face first onto the floor.

Tsukishima's irritated grunt quickly changed to a more amused laugh as he caught site of Nishinoya face planting the floor.

Tanaka was trying to walk over to help his friend but was laughing so hard that he did a sort of drunken dance in the other direction and fell over to have a laugh. Daichi looked embarrassed that this is what his team was doing instead of practicing.

Nishinoya didn't want to get out of his weird position out of embarrassment.

Back to normal POV
You left the gym with Izumi after watching the cute volleyball player injure himself.

"You know why he tripped?" Izumi asked you. "Cause he wasn't paying attention." You murmured. "Because he was starring at YOU instead of looking where he was going." She laughed. You sighed. "Hmmmm. I ship it." Izumi patted your back.