Ch6: A job

Rogue's pov

I woke up to the smell of pancakes and what sounded like shouting. I sat up yawning and opened my eyes to see that other than Starlight and Frosch that I was the only one still in the living room. Frosch was curled up next to Starlight with a spit bubble being blown as he slept. Starlight had her arm under Frosch's head and seemed to be sleeping peacefully. 

Suddenly Phoenix walked in and smiled. "Hey Rogue, your finally awake" she purred before looking over at the sleeping duo. "WAKE UP, ITS MORNING!!" Phoenix shouted causing Frosch's spit bubble to burst into his face and for Starlight to sit up as fast as possible which caused Frosch to fall on his face. 'That was a bit of a dick move' I thought with an emotionless face. Then Lily flew in and shouted "Finally, we've been waiting for ages for you to wake up"

"Jeez thanks" I replied sarcastically before getting up and walking to the dinning room. "Rogue, took you long enough. I'm starving" Sting complained. "Oh shut up" I growled, flipping him off(Middle finger) before sitting at the table closely followed by Starlight. Levy and Juvia gave out a small laugh before Phoenix brought out the food.

Time skip

I walked with Gajeel, Sting, Starlight and the Exceeds as we headed towards a town where we were doing a job. Sting suggested that it might help Starlight get her memories back and added something about me but I chose to ignore that. 

We arrived at the huge building that belonged to the mayor. Lily knocked on the door and flew back. The door swung open in response as a tall man stood in the doorway. He had blond hair and brown eyes. When he saw us he smiled and let us in. 

I walked near Starlight at the back of the group until we arrived in the main area. A blond haired girl with green eyes was sitting in a chair, smiling when she spotted us. "Are these the wizards that are gonna help us" she asked before looking at Starlight with a death glare as she was petting a tortoiseshell cat. 

"So how many of these snow serpents are there" Sting asked, Lector flying over to his dragon slayer partner. "About 9 or 10 of them" the male replied before looking at his daughter. "Do you mind taking my daughter with you" he added with a look of hopefulness. "Ok, so let's go" Gajeel replied a little annoyed, probably wanting to the job already. We all agreed and set out towards the mountains. 

Time skip

The snow was blowing into my face as we walked through the thick layer of snow. I could barely hear anything over the snow and wind rushing past my ears and my nose was just as useful since I couldn't smell a thing. I held onto Frosch so that he wouldn't get lost in the storm. Sting held onto Lector while Gajeel just kept walking and Lily walked next to him. Phoenix had transformed into a wolf and her red and yellow fur coat had snow stuck to it. 

The girl was walking at a similar pace as us and Starlight was at the back. The blizzard started to pick up and it was getting impossible to see even a foot in front of me. "We ---- -- find ------- or ---- get ------- -- snow" someone yelled but I could barely hear them over the wind and the snow. 

I saw shadowy figures heading towards a cave and I followed, hoping it was my friends. When I reached the cave, it was pitch black till a flame appeared and lit up the cave. I looked around and saw Gajeel, Sting, Rose(The girl), Lector, Frosch and Phoenix. 

"Wait where's Starlight" Gajeel asked, looking around the small cave. "You mean that stupid weakling. She was probably eaten alive by a snow serpent. Serves her right if you ask me" Rose snorted. "What" I growled, walking over to the blond in an angry tone. "Why don't you say that again. I dare you" I snarled, looking into her green eyes as she cowered back in fear.