Ch45: Talks

Rogue's pov

I was woken up to the sound of vomiting coming from the bathroom. I sat up and rubbed my eyes, clearing the sleep from my eye. I looked at the clock in the room. It was 6am.

I got up and walked into the bathroom. Starlight was leaning over the toilet, strands of hair hanging in front of her face.

I leaned down next to her and went to pull her hair out of her face but furrowed my brows. The strands if hair were sticking to her forehead and were covered in sweat.

I placed my hand on her forehead. It was very hot and covered in sweat. I began to feel concerned. "Starlight? Are you feeling alright?" I asked.

I got a groan in response. "Starlight?" I asked again. "No. I feel sick, my head is pounding and my muscles ache" she groaned, trying to push herself up from the floor but her arm didn't want to support her. She fell down and smacked her face on the toilet, falling onto the floor.

I checked her over to see if she was ok. I helped her up and led her back to the bed. I looked through the room and found a plastic bowl.

I put it on the bedside cabinet and within minutes of putting it their, Starlight threw up in the bowl. I walked to the bathroom and looked around.

I didn't find any thermometers so I left the room and went to go find Wendy. I knocked on her room as she opened the door while yawning.

"Wendy. I need help" I told her. "What's wrong?" she asked. "It's Starlight. She has a temperature and isn't doing so good and I'm not talking about morning sickness. I think she might be sick" I explained.

She nodded and I led her to our shared room. Starlight was still in the bed, laying on her side with her eyes half closed. Wendy walked over and placed her hand on Starlighf's forehead.

"She does have a temperature" Wendy pointed out. "Can you help her?" I asked. Wendy hovered her hands over Starlight then pulled them away.

Starlight didn't seem any better. "Is she not healing?" I asked, panicking. "Calm down Rogue. She'll be fine. It's just food poisoning. She'll be perfectly fine tomorrow" she advised me.

"Food poisoning. Isn't that bad for the baby. What if one of them gets h-" I started but Wendy placed a finger in front of my mouth.

"She'll be fine. Your worrying to much. I know that your stressed and that your worried about both Starlight and your child's health but food poisoning won't kill them. They'll both be fine by tomorrow" Wendy advised.

She took her hand away then bowed. "I'm sorry for being so rude to you there. I better go now" she advised before leaving.

After a while, I heard a knocking on the door. "Hey Rogue. Wanna come down to the beach with the others?" Sting asked. "Can't. Starlight has food poisoning and I'd rather be here with her incase she needs me" I explained.

Sting seemed to be thinking. "Want company?" he asked. "You don't want to go find some hot girl to flirt with?" I asked. "I can find some girl anytime. We're here for three weeks. Besides, you seem troubled" he explained, walking in and sitting down on the couch in the corner of the room.

"What's troubling you?" he asked. I sat down and sighed. "I'm just nervous" I sighed. "About the baby?" Sting asked.

"I've never taken care of a baby before. Starlight has babysat before but I've never even come into contact with a new born. I'm afraid I'm going to mess up and possibly hurt the baby" I vented. "You'll be fine. I think you'll be a great parent. You took care of Frosch for several years" Sting pointed out.

"But Frosch is way simpler than a baby. He doesn't need to have specific foods. He doesn't need to be fed. He can occupy himself and he can sleep through a full night. Babies can't and what if it has my magic. That will be a nightmare to deal with" I continued to vent.

"Rogue calm down. You'll learn how to deal with the baby as you go. You've got Starlight with you too. She's probably not going anywhere anytime soon" Sting explained.

"Yeah but she's having some self esteem issues. She thinks that she's fat because of the baby and hates the whole process but she wants the child and its all just confusing my brain" I explained, running my uninjured hand through my hair.

"Just stay calm. You'll be fine. Starlight will be fine. The two of you will support each other. That's what mates do right" Sting encouraged. I sighed. "Your right. I just need to calm down. I'm just getting myself worked up. Its ages until the baby's born yet" I sighed.

Sting patted my back and smiled. "Now your getting it" he laughed. I gave a small smile.