Ch51: Off On A Mission

Note: There has been a skip of about a month and a half

Starlight's pov

I sat in the living room, reading a book when I heard the front door open. "And who's decided to grace me with their presence today?" I asked jokingly. Rogue walked into the living room.

"I told Mira that you weren't feeling up to coming to help today" he told me. "Thanks. My back is killing me today. Its such a pain. At least I don't have morning sickness anymore" I sighed in relief.

Rogue came over and sat down next to me, taking my hand and kissing it. "Alright. What is it you want?" I asked, raising a studded eyebrow.

"Well..... Sting asked if I want to go on a job. Its a very good paying job. It'll really help towards our funds and its only 1 week" he explained. I didn't look at him.

"Alright how about this? I'll leave Frosch here. That way you'll know that I'll come back for you" he explained. "Fine....... Just....... Don't die" I told him. "We're going tomorrow. I have time to spend with you today" he told me.

I hummed in response. He kissed my cheek before running his fingers through my hair. I looked at him and smiled. "How did I end up with someone as sweet as you?" I asked.

"Don't say something like that. Your just as sweet" Rogue told me, placing his hand on my cheek. "I'm being serious. I don't deserve you" I stated.

He pulled me close as I let him, closing my eyes and slowly falling asleep.

***

"I heard that Rogue went on a job with Sting? How you feeling about that?" Mira asked as I stirred the pot of soup on the stove. "Jealous. I want to go beat someone up so bad but I can't. I'll hurt the baby if I do that" I replied with a sigh, my shoulders slumping.

"Not sure what to say to that" Mira stated, tapping a finger on her lip. "It's fine. I've already got Phoenix giving me encouraging speeches and thankfully I ditched the Psychiatrist" I explained.

Mira just smiled at me. I gave her a small smile in return.