Ch48: Sorry

Starlight's pov

I ran up to the hotel room and locked myself in the bathroom. I couldn't believe him. I trusted him. I loved him and he broke my heart. I felt tears running downy face.

I didn't bother to dry my eyes. That was the least of my worries. 'It must have been what I said. He's disgusted by me' I thought. "He was always disgusted by you. Nothing has changed. He only married you because he had no choice because he was forced to be with you" Reflection sneered.

I didn't argue. I pulled up the sleeve of my shirt and looked at my arm, eyes flicking over all the scars. "Why am I so broken?" I asked myself. "Starlight?" I heard from the room.

I didn't answer. I knew it was Gajeel. "Starlight?!" he yelled again. "Go away. I don't want to talk to anyone" I told him through the door.

"Is she alright?" someone else asked. Phoenix. They were whispering but I didn't pay attention. I lifted up my hand that had the rings on them. I grit my teeth, tears soon following.

Reflection kept going on, repeating all the negative thoughts that constantly swirled through my mind. "Let me in. I need to see her" someone yelled.

I lifted my head, recognising the voice. I listened in to the conversation, pressing up against the door. "Back off. We're not letting you near Starlight" Phoenix hissed.

"Let me see her. I need to talk to her" he argued. "You have 5 minutes. Then I'm dragging you out" Gajeel growled. I heard footsteps followed by the door closing. Then everything was quite.

Footsteps followed and they stopped outside the door. I saw his shadow under the door but I didn't open the door. "Starlight. I'm sorry" he apologised, voice catching in his throat.

I didn't say anything, I placed my back against the door. "Please say something. I didn't want this to happen" he stated. "Then you shouldn't have done it! Your only doing this so that you can fix your reputation and break my heart again!" I snapped.

I heard him slide down the other side of the door. "I don't care what anyone else thinks. I-I just want you back" he whispered, voice quivering.

"How do I know your not faking it. You kissed that girl and it looked like you enjoyed it" I growled. "I wass forced into that. I couldn't fight back since I didn't want to gett arrested. Then I'd never see you or our child" he stated.

I went quite. "Starlight. Please. I have your reaction engraved in my head and its killing me. I just want to know that you forgive me" he pleaded. "You hurt me. I've opened up to you. I've told you things that I would never tell anyone else. I've shown you things I would never shown anyone else. Can't you tell how much I care about you" I cried, the tears returning.

"Don't listen to him. He's lying. He'll manipulate you again and break you over and over again" Reflection sneered. "Starlight. Don't listen to that thing. It's not true. I would never break you. I love you more than words can describe. I'm still here aren't I. Doesn't that prove that I love you?" he asked, voice shaking.

I thought about that. I got up and unlocked the door. He almost fell flat on the floor when I did that. He looked up, eyes slightly red with tear stains on his cheeks and tears still in his eyes.

I sat down in front of them." I forgive you" I whispered, leaning my forehead against his. He closed his eyes, the tears still in his eyes running down his cheeks. I wiped them away with my hand.

He pulled me into a kiss as I kissed back, running my hands through his hair. We broke apart when the door slammed open.

"Alright Raios. I'm kicking you out........... Were the two of you making out?" he asked, hand outstretched from pushing the door open with brute strength.

"It's fine Gajeel. Everything's fine" I advised. "Alright but what exactly happened with Raios and that girl?" Gajeel asked. "It's a complicated story" Rogue laughed.

Gajeel was not put off by that and waited for Rogue to tell the story. I listened too since I wanted to know the full story.