Ch47: Problems

Rogue's pov

I sat in the shade next to Starlight on some sun chairs. I wasn't allowed to swim right now because of my arm and Starlight didn't want to go in for multiple reasons. We were also sitting in the shade of an parasol because I burn way to easily because of my pale skin and I have no idea about Starlight. Maybe the sun was bothering her.

"You alright?" I asked. Starlight placed her finger against a specific spot on the page of her book and looked to me. "I'm fine. Just sore" she replied. I stayed quite for a few seconds.

"About what Gajeel said-" I started but Starlight cut me off. "It didn't bother me. I got upset because I thought other people could tell. His teasing has never bothered me and he keeps away from sensitive subjects that could trigger me" she explained.

"W-what did you do that could be triggering?" I asked, scared to know the answer. "Well I had a bit of an alcohol problem. I was drinking a lot to drown out all the voices in my head and relieve my strees during the 7 years that Fairy tail was considered trash for one" she explained.

"What's the other one" I asked. "See these small scars that litter my arms" she asked, gesturing to the smaller, quite faint scars over her arms. "Yeah" I replied. "Those were self inflicted. It also helped with the voices and the guilt" she explained.

That led to awkward silence. "Are you hungry?" I asked, trying to break the silence. "Kinda. If your going to get food, coulld you get me a drink and something that isn't fish?" she asked. I nodded and got up, walking over to the bar.

The guy was cleaning a glass when I walked over. "What do you have that isn't fish?" I asked. "Well we have chips. That's about it" the guy replied. "Can I have two portions of chips and two smoothies" I asked. "What kind of smoothie?" he asked. "Mango please" I responded.

Once the food was done, I was handed it on a tray and I headed back. On my way, I bumped into someone. "I'm sorry. I didn't see you there" I apologised, about to walk around the but they stopped me.

"Oh don't worry about it" she replied, batting her eyes at me. I felt awkward about this. She wanted to flirt with me and I guess it makes sense. No one outside of the people who were invited know that I'm married so she wouldn't know.

"Alright. I'm glad your not upset" I explained, trying to walk past her again. She grabbed my hand and pushed me up against one of the tables, causing me to drop the tray that I had been holding.

"Uh Miss... I would appreciate if you- AHH" I tried to explain but she began to run a hand across my chest and stomach, most likely trying to feel my muscles through the shirt and leggings that I was wearing.

"Wow. Your way more handsome up close" she stated, running one hand down the side of my face. I tried to get away from her without hurting her but she had me trapped and I had no way out.

I couldn't attack her because that would reflect bad on both the guild and myself. To the public and the council, she would have done nothing wrong since there was no evidence and I could be charged or even arrested for attacking a civilian.

"Miss. Please let mme go" I asked again. She still didn't move. She took my free hand and placed it on her back and before I even had a chance to analyse the situation and figure out what she was doing, she kissed me.

It wasn't just a small peck either. It was a full on kiss. I did not want this at all. When she broke away from the kiss, I looked around. Everyone from the guild had seen this and were staring.

Some had dropped the drinks or food that they'd been holding and others had paused in different activities. What really hurt was that Starlight had seen.

She was sitting up, staring over at me, face not able to comprehend what had happened. Her face then changed into a mix of hurt and anger.

She got up and stormed off into the hotel, Gajeel running after her in an attempt to talk to her. "Ooo. Someone's jealous" the girl cooed.

I used the distraction to get out of her grip. "Rogue. How could you. I can't believe you" Phoenix growled, crossing her arms and glaring at me.

"It's not-" I started but was cut off. "You hurt Starlight! She trusted you! She loved you and you cheated on her! Shows how much she really meant to you!" Phoenix spat then went off to the hotel, probably going to talk to Starlight.

Sting walked over. "I thought you loved Starlight. You had the whole depressed episode when she died and when you can finally relax with her, you cheat. I thought dragon slayers were supposed to be loyal to their mates" Sting explained before walking over to the others.

I looked at the girl. "I can't believe you'd force yourself on someone. I'm married. I have a wife and a child on the way and now everyone in my guild thinks I'm cheating. I'm going to go talk to her" I explained before heading over to our shared room.