Ch34: Wedding planning

Sorry this chapter took so long, I had been busy and then my laptop broke and my mum broke her phone so we've been sharing mine for a few weeks now.

Rogue's pov

I woke up to the sound of banging against a door. "Come on you two. Wake up already. The hot food is getting cold" Gajeel yelled as I sat up in panic. Starlight opened her eyes, rubbing them as she looked at me. 

"Gajeel's pounding on the door. What do we do?" I whispered. Starlight grabbed the device at the bedside cabinet and switched it off. "Don't make me come in there" Gajeel yelled from the other side of the door. "Don't you dare come in here Gajeel. What have I told you about barging into my room" Starlight yelled at him.

I heard growling from the other side of the door before footsteps that led away from the door. I let out a breath that I had no idea I was holding before getting up. I got into my usual clothes and looked in the mirror. A silver dragon that was holding a sword in its jaws was marked on my skin.

The tail trailed down from my collarbone and due to my top I couldn't see how far it went. I put on my cape which fully hid the mark. I turned around and saw Starlight who was pulling down the legs of her trousers, my eyes falling down to her ankle. 

"You hide the tattoo?" I asked, watching as she pulled the trousers down completely. "Of course. Gajeel would freak if he found out I got a tattoo" she replied, pulling on the armour.

I unlocked the door and we headed downstairs, joining the others at the table. "Finally. What were you doing in there?" Gajeel groaned, looking annoyed.

"We were tired. I woke up last night from a bad dream and we sort of talked about things for a while so we were just tired" Starlight replied as I relaxed since the others bought it. I mean it wasn't a lie but still.

"So what were you talking about?" Gajeel asked, already pouring himself some cereal. "Wedding plans" I replied. "Oh. So have you decided on a date?" Phoenix asked,looking up from the fruit she was putting into a bowl.

"We are having our wedding in a month, on the 14th of October" Starlight explained. At this everyone except Frosch almost chocked on what they had been eating. "1 month. I thought you were supposed to wait a year or something" Gajeel pointed out, his flushed from choking on his toast.

"We wanted to have the wedding before next year. I mean. We are married in dragon terms but not human terms so it's best to get it over with" I explained, looking down incase Gajeel tried to punch me or something.

"Who did you decide to invite?" Lily asked, grabbing another Kiwi from the table. "Well, everyone from the guild, Mermaid Heel, Quattro Cerberus, Crime Sorciere, Lamia Scale, Blue Pegasus, Doranbolt, Lahar and some of my spirits" Starlight replied.

"Your inviting drinks to a wedding?" Gajeel questioned, looking utterly confused. "No. My creature spirits. I don't even drink to begin with" Starlight replied. "Warning. If your getting the letter set from downstairs, Gajeel out it on the top shelf on the towels. It's above the glasses so be careful not to break them again and get yourself covered in glass" Phoenix advised.

Starlight gave Gajeel a look as he gave a smirk. "I feel compelled to kick you out and make you live with Levy" she explained, looking completely serious. "Hey. I bought the house. It's mine" he growled.

"Actually, it's Starlight's. She has lived here longer then you have so it's hers" Phoenix explained. "I have a fiance and mate and yet I still live with my brother" Starlight joked. "Anyway. Moving away from this topic. Have you decided who's going to do what. You know, like who chooses the song, who gets the rings, ect" Lily asked.

"No we didn't decide that yet" I replied. "Oh. I can write a song. I have a lot of experience. Phoenix can help" Starlight explained. "Wait. How do you have experience writing songs? Gajeel asked, looking confused.

Starlight got up, walked over to a bookshelf and pulled out a folder. She sat back down and opened it, showing a song on the front. She flipped to the back and pointed at a song that was titled "This is War" with The Dragon Warriors written underneath. (I don't own this song)

"Wait. Aren't those the people who preformed for us at the games" Gajeel asked, raising an eyebrow. "Yep. Don't tell anyone but Phoenix and I are in the band. I'm the guitarist and she's the singer" Starlight explained. Lily and Gajeel went silent. "Well. You can do the song then. Do you mind if I get the rings because I think I have an idea for them" I explained.

"Sure but you can't show me them until the wedding and in return I won't show you the song until then" she explained. "Deal" I agreed.

Phoenix threw a scroll over to us as Starlight caught it and opened it. It had a list of what we would need and a space for who would take care of each spot.

"I can take care of the cake and DJ. I can have Mira and some of the girls help me and I could ask Tom or Jack to be the DJ. They have a thing for that kind of things" Starlight explained.

"Who is Jack and Tom?" Gajeel asked. "My band partners" Starlight replied before we went back to the list.

The list ended up like this after a few hours.

Wedding party Starlight
Place of wedding Rogue
Guests Starlight
Date Both
Choose a photographer Starlight
DJ Starlight
Rings Rogue
Song Starlight
Dress Starlight
Bridesmaids dresses Starlight
Suit Rogue
Cake Starlight
Flowers Starlight
Choose a hair and makeup stylist Starlight
Make a menu Both

"So now that you've done that. You should get to work. You don't have a lot of time" Phoenix explained. We both agreed and headed to do some things.