Ch23: Memories; The key of the starry heavens

Rogue's pov

Starlight stood in a crowd as Natsu was beat in one punch by Laxus. Gajeel grabbed onto Starlight's wrist and pulled her away from the crowd. "Gajeel where are we going" Starlight asked. "To train" Gajeel replied plainly, leading Starlight through town. She just sighed and let him.

***

Gajeel sat under a waterfall, getting hit by lightning while Starlight did situps on a pole that she had dug into the cliff edge. "So where is Starlight exactly" Levy asked, looking around. "Up there" Phoenix repleid, pointing up at Starlight. "Hey Starlight. What are you doing" Jet asked. 

Starlight hung upside down from the pole and grinned. "Working out. Why" she called, looking at them. "Well we came to get you for a mission to get a clock piece" Droy explained. "Oh. Cool. I can finally show you guys how much stronger I've gotten" Starlight cheered, jumping down from the pole. 

"Gajeel get your lazy butt over here right now" she yelled at Gajeel who walked over grumpily. "Don't be so bossy. I'm the older one here" he growled. "No your not. We're the same age remember" Starlight replied, tapping his nose playfully before taking the map from Levy.

"Oh I know where this is. I climbed that mountain a couple weeks ago. Its really tall" Starlight smiled as everyone just stared. "What. I need to train to get stronger. I can't always rely on my magic either" She explained as Phoenix flew over.

"You sure it wasn't the one next to it which is taller that we climbed" Phoenix asked, pointing at the map. "No we climbed that one 4 weeks ago. It was this one we climbed 2 weeks ago" Starlight replied. "My bad. We've climbed so many mountains, its hard to keep track" Phoenix laughed. "Well, lets go" Starlight announced, taking the lead.

Eventually the others who had taken the lead had reached the mountain, not realizing that Starlight and Phoenix had gone a different path and ran to get to the edge of the mountain. "Hey where is Starlight and Phoenix" Gajeel asked. "We're up here" Starlight yelled as they all looked up to see the two climbing the cliff. 

"How did you get ahead of us" Lily asked. "We took a different path and ran here now hurry up slowpokes" Phoenix yelled, climbing the rocks without magic. Eventually they reached the top as Phoenix sat down and started cleaning her bow while Starlight put in some ear phones and practised some non magic attacks.

After a while, the others got to the top of the mountain as Gajeel tapped Starlight's shoulder and almost got punched in the face. Starlight removed the earphones and apologized before Gajeel joked about them climbing the wrong mountain and the others looked really annoyed. "Don't joke Gajeel, this is the right mountain" Starlight yelled before everyone started digging while Lily just blew a whistle. 

Phoenix even helped Starlight by transforming into a wolf but I guess no one noticed. After a while, Starlight stopped and couched down. "What's wrong" Phoenix asked, looking at Starlight. "Someone's coming, quick turn into a mouse and hide somewhere either in my jacket or in the top of my armour" Starlight spoke as Phoenix transformed into a small mouse which had red fur with yellow ears, tail and paws and a phoenix which was orange on the back of her fur(Which is supposed to represent her wings which is why she doesn't have it in her normal form)

She climbed onto Starlight's shoulder and hid under the top part of her shoulder armour. A few minutes after that, Gajeel found another Exceed and Lily started fighting him as the others got into a chamber down below. They solved a puzzle and took a clock piece before a large creature started to attack them. 

Eventually when Jet and Droy couldn't get to the point on its head which could defeat them, Gajeel was about to go when Starlight spoke up. "I'll do it, Phoenix take me up" Starlight ordered as Phoenix squirmed out from under Starlight's armour and turned into a Phoenix, grabbing onto the back of Starlight's jacket and taking her up.