Ch36: Working On A Song

Starlight's pov

I sat in the dinning room with my bandmates and Phoenix as I was writing the lyrics for the song that would play at the wedding. Jack was doing his usual by playing random piano tunes to warn his hands up and Tom was pretending that the table was a drumkit.

After a while of writing the lyrics. I looked at them. "Hey Phoenix, what do you think of this so far?" I asked, showing her the lyrics. So far I had the first two verses.

There goes my heart beating
'Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now

There goes my mind racing
And you are the reason
That I'm still breathing
I'm hopeless now

"That's really good. Do you have any tune in mind?" Phoenix asked. I nodded and grabbed my guitar, playing the first few bars of what I thought fit in with the lyrics. Phoenix nodded in approvement.

I continued to write, getting a few more verses in. Now having a chorus and 4 verses.

I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

There goes my hand shaking
And you are the reason
My heart keeps bleeding
I need you now

And if I could turn back the clock
And make sure the light defeated the dark
I'd spend every hour, of every day
Keeping you safe

I started working on the tune when Jake started playing the wedding march song from a midsummers' night dream.

I turned to look at him as Tom pointed toward the doorway. Gajeel, Sting and Rogue had walked in and had the most confused faces ever, probably due to Jake randomly starting to play a wedding song.

"What the hell is going on in here?" Gajeel asked. I turned to Jake and signalled for him to stop and he did so as I turned to the boys. "Sorry about that. Did you need something?" I asked but before I could get a response, Jake started playing csiko's past on his keyboard.

I looked at him as Tom just shrugged and went back to using the table as a drum kit. It then clicked to me that Rogue was in the room and that they lyrics and music for the song were on the table.

I grabbed all the sheets as fast as possible and hid them under a piece of cardboard that I hadn't taken out yet from a parcel. "I'm gonna guess that is the song" Rogue explained. I just nodded.

Gajeel looked over at Jake who was still playing the keyboard. "So these are your bandmates. They're weird" he explained. Jake paused in his playing and said "We aren't weird. We're unique" before going back to playing.

I sighed and looked at them. "I think your going to have to go since I really need to finish this then I can go to the music studio and record the song" I explained. "Hwere are we going to go?" Sting asked. "You don't even live here" I pointed out. "Oh right" Sting replied.

"Go to a coffee shop, go to Sting's apartment. Somewhere" I explained. The boys then left as I went back to writing the song.

***

After a few days of writing, I finally finished the song. I headed to the music studio and started setting everything up. Phoenix agreed to be the male voice and to transform into Rogue to get his voice into the song.

I stood in front of my microphone, starting to play the guitar as the other instruments started to play.

( Bold for Phoenix(transformed into Rogue), and italics for Starlight and Underlined for both)

There goes my heart beating
'Cause you are the reason
I'm losing my sleep
Please come back now

There goes my mind racing
And you are the reason
That I'm still breathing
I'm hopeless now

I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

There goes my hand shaking
And you are the reason
My heart keeps bleeding
I need you now

And if I could turn back the clock
And make sure the light defeated the dark
I'd spend every hour, of every day
Keeping you safe

I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
Oh, 'cause I need you to see
That you are the reason, oh
You are the reason
I need you to hold me tonight

I'd climb every mountain
And swim every ocean
Just to be with you
And fix what I've broken
'Cause I need you to see
That you are the reason

We finished the song as Tom gave us a thumbs up to let us know it had recorded. Phoenix changed back and I highfived her. This was gonna be perfect.