Ch10: Memories;Training, A gift and the first beat up

Rogue's pov

Once again everything became bright as I saw Starlight sit up and yawn. She looked around to see that Gajeel and Metalicana were nowhere to be found. She stood up slowly and walked to the entrance of the cave. Standing outside was Gajeel and Metalicana who looked like they were training. Starlight walked forward, clutching onto the plushie.

She got to the two males who turned to see her. Gajeel smiled and walked over, ruffling Starlight's hair with a grin. "Starlight, I'm glad your awake. Gajeel has already learned one spell so now its your turn" Metalicana spoke, using his tail to gently push into a position. "Now concentrate as much magic energy on your arm and think iron dragon club" Metalicana explained, picking up the arm that wasn't holding Silver and pointing it forward.

Starlight nodded and closed her eyes, concentrating on her arm and it looked like her arm was turning into a club as it was covered in a turquoise aurora but then the aurora faded away and Starlight's arm was back to normal. Starlight looked down at the ground with a frown. "Hey don't be sad. No one gets it right on the first try" Metalicana encouraged. 

Starlight tried again and again and every time she failed to use her magic every time. "Strange. You should have been able to use that spell by now" Metalicana thought out loud. Gajeel had already learnt a second spell which showed how far behind she was.

Metalicana walked over and looked at Starlight. "Are you ok" he asked, tapping his tail against her stomach. he nodded in response, looking at the ground. "Let's keep training, we have a few hours before dark" Metalicana spoke as the two continued to train.

Time skip (To the night before Metalicana disappeared because I'm sure you guys will get bored of a similar thing in a lot of chapters and Starlight is now able to talk to Metalicana)

Starlight walked into the cave with Gajeel. "Starlight, I have something for you" Metalicana spoke as Starlight looked at him. Starlight looked at Metalicana in confusion. He opened his claw open to show the locket that Starlight wears. "What is that" Starlight asked, looking at it as Metalicana dropped it into her hand.

"It will protect you from possession spells and will lower the power of dark magic spells by a small amount" Metalicana explained as Starlight and played a tune. (The back music of the video) "That's mum's lullaby" Gajeel spoke, looking up from his position against the wall. 

That's when I noticed that even though Gajeel was much further in the cave he was still being reached by the light of the sunset while Starlight who was closer to the entrance was shrouded in darkness. Starlight shut the locket and placed it around her neck, still holding onto Silver. Metalicana then lead the two of them to the bed and lay down as Gajeel and Starlight lay on the bed hugging each other.

Everything went dark after this before the darkness went away as a voice was heard. "Starlight, Starlight wake up" the masculine voice called as I saw the cave once again. Gajeel was leaning next to Starlight who gave a small stretch before finally making eye contact with Gajeel. "Oni-Chan, where's Metalicana" Starlight asked in her high pitched voice. 

"He's gone. He left us" Gajeel replied. Starlight's eyes widened as tears built up in her eyes. She clutched onto the locket that Metalicana had given her. "Come on. Let's go find somewhere else to stay Gajeel spoke and helped Starlight to her feet. "Ok" Starlight whispered while looking at the ground. Gajeel held onto her hand as the two exited the cave.

Loud noises came from a certain area in the trees. The siblings looked at each other before walking towards it. The trees started to thin out and a cobblestone path appeared after awhile. Starlight and Gajeel followed the path till they reached a busy town square. People rushed around, buying stuff from the market place. A fountain sat in the middle of the square, water splashed into the bottom as children played with they're friends.

Gajeel led Starlight to the fountain and sat her down, "Starlight, stay here. I'm going to go find us something to eat and somewhere for us to stay" Gajeel explained before walking away. Starlight sat on the edge of the fountain, swinging her legs a little and stroking the dragon. "Well look what we've got here" a male voice spoke. 

Three males probably around the age of 12 or 13 stood in front of her. One of the males had dark brown hair that had bangs that fell into his face and brown eyes. The second male had blond hair that was spiky with blue eyes. A small rip in the bottom part of his left ear. The third male who looked like the leader had messy ginger hair with green eyes.

The leader took a few steps closer to Starlight. I growled and narrowed my eyes, not liking what was going on. "I've never seen you around before. You must be new" The leader smirked. 

He grabbed onto Starlight's wrist and yanked her off the marble fountain and tossed her to the ground. Silver fell to the ground not to far away from her. Starlight looked up and went to reach for the plushie when the brown haired guy stood on her hand as tears formed in her eyes. "What's wrong, are you crying" the brown haired male teased. The blond then put his foot under her stomach and kicked her into the ide of the fountain.

A yelp came from Starlight as the strong metallic smell of blood flooded into my nose. A rip was made in her top as the scarlet red blood bubbled up, staining the top. No one that was in the area even batted an eye which shocked me. "Why is no one trying to help, its like they're all oblivious to what's going on" I spoke as I watched. I wanted to help so bad but this was nothing but a memory so I couldn't.

The boy's walked forward ready to do something else as Starlight coward on the ground when someone stood in front of her. "Stay away from my sister" they growled as the three laughed, "That freak is a girl" the ginger laughed. Gajeel narrowed his eyes as a green aura appeared round his arm. A sharp sword appeared around his arm. A sharp sword replaced his arm as he got ready to lift it to attack the boys but Starlight grabbed onto the top of his arm and looked at him with puppy eyes.

Gajeel sighed and changed his arm back to normal. "I'll let you off this once" Gajeel snarled while the boys just laughed. Gajeel took Starlight's hand as they walked away, Gajeel picking Silver up on the way. Gajeel lead Starlight to an alley and they reached a dead end. Starlight looked up at Gajeel in confusion before he took her to some bins and boxes. "Climb on top of them and go onto the other side of the wall" Gajeel explained. Starlight climbed onto the objects and onto the wall as Gajeel used his magic to scale the wall.

They both landed on the other side as Starlight looked around. Three more walls were built around the area and a mattress had been moved into the area. Gajeel walked over to the mattress and got Starlight to sit down as he tore a bit of cloth from his trousers as he soaked them in some of the water in the bowl that he had and cleaned the wound on Starlight's back.

Starlight looked down at the locket before opening it and started to sing along with the tune.

A serpent lights the ancient sky
A threat of tainted stars
Evil stirs and in it's wake
The souls of mortals sway

Sorrow reigns
Over fields of red
And spirits pace
Through the shadow cast by their graves

These are days and nights of venom and blood
Heroes will rise as the anchors fall
Brave the strife, reclaim every soul
That belongs to the beauty of dawn

Darkness strikes to blind the strong
But faith will guide our swords
Loyal hearts will stand as one
And fight with shields of hope

Pride fuels the deadly fire
That devours our tower of gold
The drums of war will rage and roar
'Til the sun burns bright once more

These are days and nights of venom and blood
Heroes will rise as the anchors fall
Brave the strife, reclaim every soul
That belongs to the beauty of dawn

Starlight stopped singing as Gajeel smiled. "You've got mother's voice" he spoke as Starlight looked at him. "And you've got dad's grin" she replied as Gajeel did his smirk again. He had finished cleaning the wound and handed Starlight half of a piece of bread which she only ate a couple of bites of before handing it back to Gajeel.

Gajeel sighed and ate the rest of the bread before the two of them settled don on the mattress for the night and they both drifted off into sleep.