Ch18: Memories; A Mistake

Rogue's pov

It had been nearly 2 weeks since the whole Edolas thing and Starlight hadn't been getting any better. She had stopped coming sting with anyone what so ever and started wearing a black hoodie and a pair of black jeans. She had been cutting herself daily and hadn't been getting much sleep and when she did get to sleep then she would wake up in the place that Reflection could physically touch her. Others had tried to help her but she kept closing herself off to them, even Gajeel.

It was currently night time and Starlight wasn't getting any sleep, Reflection taunting her. She gritted her teeth before swinging her legs across the side of her bed and climbing out. "Hey where are you going" Reflection asked as she grabbed a pen and sheet of paper before walking out of her room.

She walked through the corridor of the house and down the stairs before eventually arriving at the kitchen. She looked into the reflective surface of the toaster as Reflection looked confused. "What are you doing" she asked. Starlight ignored her and grabbed the pen, scribbling across the paper. I leaned across her shoulder to read it

Dear everyone
I'm sorry but I can no longer fight my inner battle. I have been struggling my entire life to keep the darkness from taking over but it seems like I am no longer able to stop it. I almost killed Gajeel, Wendy and Salamander. If I couldn't stop myself then than I won't be able to stop myself next time.

I am carrying way to much suffering that is caused by me. I am the reasons that bad things are brought to the guild so I'm taking my own life. All of you will be fine without me since you hardly ever notice I'm there in the first place.

Also Gajeel. Don't think that any of this was your fault. You did nothing to cause this. It's all mine. You were the best brother I could have asked for but I can't continue to battle my inner demons anymore. It's time that they were removed for good.

Sincerely Starlight

Tears dripped onto the sheet as she finished writing the note. My eyes widened at what I had just read. I wanted so badly to be able to stop this but knew that I wouldn't succeed. I watched as Starlight summoned a kunai and dragged it across her through, blood dripping from a deep wound in her neck.

"Your insane. Do you really think death will solve your problems" Reflection hissed. Starlight just stared at the reflective surface of the toaster, raising her right arm to her chest. She was clearly about to do something when a voice called. "STARLIGHT" an all to familiar voice yelled. Starlight got a fright causing her hand to turn into a sword which dug right through her entire chest and stomach.

She was trembling as her hand turned back to normal and she fell backwards. Gajeel rushed over to her and was clearly trying to stop the bleeding as the sight before me started to blur. I blinked a couple of times before being met with darkness.

I thought that this was another one of those transitions but I was wrong. I saw some light coming from behind me and turned around to see Starlight but she was getting hit and kicked by weird figures. They kept yelling insults at her as tears built up in her eyes.

She got up and ran away, trying to escape from the people who were abusing her. She kept running, clearly not looking where she was going when she suddenly ran off a cliff. She screamed out before hitting a massive body of water.

Starlight attempted to swim to the surface but wasn't able to as something was dragging her down. Her eyes were closing as tiny air bubbles left her mouth when a splash came from a little bit away. Someone grabbed onto her, wrapping they're hands around her waist and dragged her out of the water, placing her on the ground opposite the cliff.