Ch44: Arrangemens And Date

Rogue's pov

I tied my hair up in a pony tail as I straightened out the suit I would be wearing. Starlight was in the bathroom changing. I walked up to the door ands knocked. "I'm changing" she yelled back.

"I don't know why you need to be in the bathroom for that. We've changed in front of each other before and it's not like I haven't seen you without clothes before" I told her.

"That's not my reason" she called back. "Then what?" I asked. I was met with total silence. I sighed and went to sit down on the bed. I had a feeling she didn't want to change in front of me because of the bump forming.

While we had been snuggling on the couch, she had dosed off and I took it as my opurtunity to see if she really was showing like Gajeel had said to her.

She had woken up to me leaning my ear against her stomach to listen for anything and had hit me in the head for it, covering her stomach. I didn't understand why she didn't want me to see it.

The bathroom door opened and Starlight walked out, the suit on although the black jacket was open rather then closed. I smiled and walked over. "You look lovely" I complemented. She blushed bright red.

"Come on. Let's go" I told her, taking her hand and leading her out of our room. We walked silently down the path from the hotel in silence, hand in hand.

"This is your fault" Starlight came out randomly. "What is?" I asked. "Your baby is the reason I'm getting fat" she replied, staring at the ground.

I stopped walking and furrowed my eyebrows. I looked down at myself, still confused. "What does that mean? Are you emplyinng that I'm fat?" I asked, confused and a little offended.

"I'm emplyinng that you gave your big appitite to the baby and that's why I'm so hungry all the time" she replied. "Your not fat. I already told you that. Also I don't understand why you don't want me to see how the baby is doing" I told her.

"Because......." she started. "Because what?" I asked. "Most people usually look 'cute' with a baby. I don't. My scars cover my skin and make everything about me unattractive" I replied.

"I love every part of you. Even your scars. I don't care about your appearance. If I did then do you think I would have chosen to marry you?" I asked.

She sighed. "Come on. Cheer up. This is a date and I want you to be happy" I told her. "Fine. But that won't stop me wishing you were the girl in this relationship" she told me.

"What does that have to do with anything?" I asked. "Because then you'd be the one pregnant. Not me" she replied before continuing to walk.

"How about this. Starting tomorrow. I will eat the exact same things you eat" I suggested. "I don't want you getting fat too" she told me.

"Don't doctors recommend that you try to stay active while pregnant by doing excersises like Yoga or something?" I asked. "Yeah. My doctor told me that but my luck is shit because my dumb leg won't support me for the full pregnancy. I'll be bed riden for half of it" she explained.

"We'll find a way to prevent that and we can do the exercises together and I'll still eat what you do. When I come back from jobs, I'll ask you what you've had and catch up with you by eating that" I explained.

"I don't want you to get fat though" she replied. "I won't. I'll have to take more jobs then normal so I'll be getting a lot of exercise from those" I explained. She sighed. "Fine" she agreed.

We kept walking and eventually got to the resturaunt. We walked in and i told them what our registration was under and got our tables.

We ordered our food and had that. I made sure Starlight had a bigger portien then she would usually since she needed the nutrition for herself and the baby.

We had our meals and headed home. Starlight was feeling a little sick on the way back but we both shrugged it off as her morning sickness.

When weegot back to our room, we got into our pj's and went to sleep, my arms wrapped around Starlight.