Ch35: Invitations

Starlight's pov

I sat in my room, writing out the same thing repeatedly on multiple different cards. I stifled a yawn, having been awake since 2am doing these and it was now 9am.

I was almost finished though so I could get some sleep. I did the last few invitations and then looked at the large pile of paper that had been written. I smiled, happy that I was done but before I could even get out of my seat, my head thumped down on my desk, exhaustion over coming me.

***

I woke up, noticing a blanket had placed over my shoulders. I stretched and gave a yawn before getting up. "Guess I'll go to the guilds and hand out invitation" I sighed.

Grabbing my satchel, I shoved all the invites into my bag. I headed down the stairs, heading past Gajeel who was sitting in the kitchen, scarfing down a piece of toast.

He turned to me and was about to say something when I spoke up. "I'm going to hand out invitations to those coming. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine" I told him, walking out the front door before he could say anything.

Deciding to head to Fairytooth first, I walked through Magnolia and arrived at the guild hall. I walked in and saw everyone just being themselves. I walked over to the guild request board and pinned one of the invitations on the board.

After that, I headed over to Makarov's office. I still had the key he had given me when I was 'temporary' guild master for 7 years. I unlocked the door and walked inside.

"Still has the same old smell" I chuckled, taking a deep inhale of the air. Grabbing out a pile of the invites, I placed it on the desk, writing a note that explained that they were invitations to the wedding and there was enough for everyone.

I left the office, remembering to lock the door and walked out of the guild. Natsu and Gray were having a fight so it was understandable why no one saw me. I then walked over to the Lamia Scale guild because I'm not going by train.

I arrived and walked in. I walked over to Lyon who looked at me. "Oh hello Starlight. What are you doing here?" he asked, raising an eyebrow at my presence. "I have an invitation for you, Jura, Sherry, Shellia, Toby and Yuka" I explained, pulling out 6 invitations.

"Invitations? For what?" Lyon questioned. "My wedding" I replied plainly which almost made him choke on his own saliva. "Who are you marrying?" he asked. "Rogue" I replied bluntly. "Rogue. As in Rogue Cheney. The shadow dragon slayer and one of the twin dragons?" Lyon questioned.

"Well I only know one guy that goes by the name Rogue and that would be him" I laughed in response. "When did you two become a thing" he asked again. "The first day of the grand magic games" I replied. "What!? That was like 2 months ago and your already getting married" he almost yelled.

"It's a dragon slayer thing. Now will you take the invites or not?" I asked. "I'll take them" he sighed, taking the 6 envelopes from me.

The same thing happened in every other guild. Although when I went to Quattro Cerberus, all of them whipped their heads around to look at me which is kind of creepy, I don't know.

After all that, I only had two sets to go. Crime Sorciere and some of my creatures. "Where could Jellal possibly be?" I wondered before it hit me. I summoned up Aaliyah and handed her both sets. I asked her to find Jellal and Meredy and give her the two set one and then to give the remaining invites to the spirits that had their names on the envelopes.

Aaliyah nodded and flew off as I headed back to the house, glad that was over and done with.