Ch58:

No one's pov

Both dragon slayers were now regretting their words. They had lost Dusk. "How can a tiny baby just disappear?" Sting asked, twiddling with his fingers.

"Don't just stand there. Help me look. She can't be far" Gajeel hissed quietly, not wanting to wake up Rogue while he looked around the kitchen.

Movement upstairs alerted them. They both looked up. "That can't be her. She's too small to make that much noise" Sting stated.

Rogue snapped his head. "I'M AWAKE" he yelled which woke Raios up who wass looking around with large blood red eyes, clearly confused.

"Rogue..... Heh. Heh. You're awake" Sting laughed. This wasn't good.

Rogue looked over at where his son was. He got up and picked the small boy up. He made a small noise of protest but that was it.

He lookedd at the other safety chair. "Where's Dusk?" he asked, looking at the two adult men in front of him.

"About that...." Sting coughed nervously while Gajeel cleared his throat. "She got away" Gajeel stated. "What! You lost my daughter!" Rogue yelled.

"It wasn't on purpose. She just disappeared with shadows and we don't know where she went" Sting explained.

"Rogue?" someone asked. Everyone turned to the entrance of the kitchen. Starlight stood there, not looking as dead as Rogue had but looking tired non the less. In her arms was the small black haired girl who was giggling happily.

"You have Dusk?" Rogue asked. "Yeah. She suddenly appeared next to me and started tapping my face with her hand. Why was she upstairs when all of you are down here?" Starlight asked.

Rogue walked over. "They lost her. I'm just glad she's alright" Rogue sighed.

Raios sniffed the air before reaching out towards his mother. "He wouldn't drink the milk I gave him" Rogue stated.

Starlight took Raios, swapping him with Dusk who Rogue now held. "Have you been a cheeky little dragon to your dad?" she asked, holding him close. Raios responded by nuzzling close to Starlight.

"How did you do that? He wouldn't calm down like that for us" Sting asked. Starlight laughed. "Raios is like Rogue but smaller" she stated.

Rogue looked at Starlight, slightly offended. "You know it's true. He loves his mother just like you love me" she replied.

Rogue muttered something under his breath. Starlight smiled. "Let's get you fed then young man. You need that food to grow up strong" Starlight coed, sitting down at the table.

"You both have your hands full then" Gajeel asked. "It's not easy to take care of these two" Rogue sighed, sitting down himself.

"Clearly" Sting muttered.