Ch38: The Wedding

Starlight's pov

I woke up to someone banging on my door. I sat up and yawned, stretching out my muscles. "Yes?" I asked as the door was opened, showing Phoenix. "Come on sleepy head. You can't be late for your own wedding" Phoenix told me, wearing a crop top and bed time shorts in her human form.

"Wedding? Oh fuck. Its the wedding today. I totally forgot about that" I spoke, getting up out of bed. I was wearing my usual baggy black pj top and baggy black pj bottoms, my locket on underneath my top.

Phoenix rolled her eyes and went down the stairs. I followed her down to see she had made a nice breakfast. "Ahh. Did you make this?" I asked, unsure of it had Gajeel but from the looks of things, he was still asleep. "Yep. It's your wedding day so it's best if you get a nice filling breakfast to help with the nerves" Phoenix replied.

"Thanks. I'm famished" I told her, sitting down and taking some pancakes. "You famished. That's a surprise. Your never famished" Phoenix joked. 'Should I tell her? No. I'll tell Rogue first. He should be the first one to know' I thought.

After a while, Gajeel came down with Lily who joined in for breakfast. "This feels like the good old days when it was just the four of us" Gajeel joked, eating some food. "It does" I replied with a nod.

When the food was done, Gajeel stood up. "Well, better head over to lightbulb's apartment. Gotta check on my soon to be brother in law" Gajeel explained. Lily followed him as he walked out, having thrown on a shirt and trousers since he would be changing into the suit that he'd bought when he got to Sting's apartment.

After a while, the doorbell rang as Phoenix answered. When she walked back into the living room, Wendy, Levy and Juvia came in. Levy came and gave me a hug. "I bet your really excited" Levy pointed out.

"I'm also kinda nervous. It's a really big event" I replied. "Well no time for that. Its time to get ready. We can't let the boys show us up in style. We gotta show our girl power" Phoenix explained. She got the dresses and put them over a chair she had brought into the living room.

Levy, Wendy and Juvia put on their dresses as Phoenix handed me one.
I sighed and put the dress on. I had decided to get a dress with the same design as the one I had on when I first met Rogue during Mira and Jenny's battle at the games.

It was a long white dress that reached down to my ankles and was open backed. It had a flower vine design on the bottom and long sleeves. There was a see through vail attached to the back which fell down behind me. I also wore the engagement ring that Rogue got me and my locket but I also had a necklace of two dragons that I had made.

Phoenix had me sit down on a chair as she started to do my hair. I felt her plaiting it but it was being plait in a way that my hair hadn't been done before. When she was done, I felt the side of my hair to find a plait running along the side of my head with my hair being loose at the back so it fell over my back and covered the Scars that you could see. There was also small gems mixed in with my hair to make it look brighter.

The girls had also finished getting ready and all looked very nice in their outfits. "Starlight look beautiful" Juvia complemented. "Thanks. I need the reassurance since I can't see my own reflection" I thanked. "This is so exciting" Wendy commented.

***

Rogue's pov

I paced around the living room, biting my nails. "Rogue if you don't stop pacing, your going to wear a hole in my floor" Sting told me, sitting on the chair. "You should also start getting ready or your going to be late for your own wedding" Lector added.