Ch49: Doctor

Rogue's pov

After walking for about 30 minutes from the train station, Starlight, Gajeel, the Exceeds and I finally got back home. "You have no idea how happy I am to be back in this place" Starlight sighed in relief, dropping the bag she had been carrying and dropping herself on the couch.

"Aren't you going to help unpack?" Gajeel asked. "Leave her be Gajeel. Iff she needs to rest then let her rest" Phoenix told him.

"I'll be fine in like......... I don't know. I'm just tired" she responded, leaning her head over the back of the couch. Gajeel rolled his eyes before walking up the stairs followed by Phoenix and Lily. Frosch stayed down the stairs, curling up in Starlight's lap.

"You feeling alright?" I asked, sitting down next to her. "No. That trip tired me out" she responded. "Well you won't be going on any trips anytime soon. At least not that I know of" I advised her.

"I don't know how to feel about that" she mumbled. I smiled and ran one hand through her hair. My arm was finally healed so I could use both hands and go on jobs now.

"Its going to be strange. The next few months" I stated. She hummed in response. I knew she wasn't too happy with the current progress. She was 2 months into her pregnancy and it was definitely showing.

"I need to go see my doctor today by the way" she explained. "Why?" I asked. "He needs to see me once every month until a certain point to ensure a healthy pregnancy" I explained.

"I can come. If that's alright" I offered. "I would like that. You can keep me from punching someone in the face" she stated. "Your joking right" I asked.

"Actually no. I've been wanting to punch someone in the face for a few days now. Usually I imagine that person being Salamander" she explained, opening and closing her fists.

"Maybe we don't do that. Let's just head to the hospital" I suggested. She shrugged. She carefully placed Frosch on the couch but he still stirred.

"Fro asks what's going on?" he mumbled, rubbing his eyes sleepily. "We're going to the hospital to check up on Starlight" I explained. When I said hospital, Frosch looked scared but his eyes brightened a minute later when he figured out what it meant.

"Fro wants to come. Fro wants to meet Fro's brother or sister" he cheered. "It's a bit early for that but you can come along anyway. I'm sure my doctor won't mind" Starlight smiled, picking up the small exceed who had the brightest smile I've probably ever seen.

Although she disliked the whole ordeal, she still showed Frosch a smile when he got excited about the child. We walked out of the house, Starlight holding Frosch who was asking all sorts of questions.

We eventually got to the hospital and Starlight walked up to the desk. She talked to the receptionist before gesturing for me to follow her.

I followed her into the back and we got to her doctor's office. The door was open as he looked up. "Ah Miss Redfox. How are you?" he asked. I was about to correct him but Starlight covered my mouth before walking in.

"I'm alright" she replied, sitting down. I sat next to her, taking her hand as Frosch sat on her lap, smiling just ass bright as he had been.

"I'm going to take a guess that your the father" he stated. "Y-yeah" I replied, my cheeks heating up. It was unusual and kind of embarrassing for me. This was all so new.

"Now. Have you been eating your recommended amount. I know what your like with your eating habits. I see you every month" he stated.

"I've been eating more...... I got food poisoning a few weeks ago but I'm fine now" she explained. The doctor noted that down.

"Mr Cheney. Have you noticed any unusual behavior?" he asked. I wass surprised by the question. "No. Starlight has been fine other than the food poisoning that lasted a day. Like she said, she's been eating a lot lately" I replied.

He nodded. "Have you been having any negative thoughts lately?" he asked. Starlight mumbled a "yes". "Like I do every month, I do recommend a psychiatrusf" the doctor explained. Starlight groaned.

"Isn't a psychiatrist a good idea? You have been beating yourself up about stuff a lot lately" I suggested. "Ugh fine. I'll go to a therapist" she mumbled.

"I'll set up a session two days from now at 3pm. Here's the address" the doctor explained, handing over a slip of paper with writing on it. Starlight took it before we were excused. We left the hospital, Starlight holding Frosch who was back to asking questions.