Ch27: Surprise

Starlight's pov

I lay on the couch, reading over one of my death note manga's for the 19th time. Rogue had moved in about 3 weeks ago and he shared a room with me while Frosch shared with Lily and Phoenix.

However, Rogue has been acting very strange recently. He's been talking a lot with Gajeel, Lily, Lector and Sting, leaving Frosch alone with me and downright avoiding me apart from when we go to sleep. Frosch was currently watching season 7 of My little pony on the TV as I flicked onto the last page of my book.

I finished the book and placed it down on the coffee table. Sitting up on the couch, I looked around. Frosch was sitting on his little frig seat and Phoenix was in one of the arm chairs, munching on some fruit and reading a book.

"Hey Frosch" I asked, pausing the TV with the remote. He turned around in his little chair and looked at me. "Fro asks what Starlight wants" he asked, tilting his head with a questioning look. "Has Rogue told you anything about why he's been acting strange lately" I asked, knowing that Frosch didn't know how to keep a secret.

"From doesn't know. Rogue hasn't talked to Frosch much lately" Frosch replied, looking down sadly. "I'm sure it's just some phase or something" I pointed out, picking up Frosch.

I heard the letter box slam shut as Phoenix looked up from her book. Weirded out since no one in this house really ever got mail since the house belonged to me and Gajeel and visitors usually knock the door or ring the doorbell so I walked out of the living room and into the hallway.

There was no mail lying in front of the door so I opened the door. I looked around and saw no one was standing on the stone path that led to the house where the wooden fence was because Gajeel ate the metal one that was there so I replaced it with wood.

I looked down and noticed some roses and a piece of paper that was placed gently on top of it. Picking up the note and flowers, I shut the door and walked back to the living room.

"Who are the flowers from" Phoenix asked, looking up from her book and fruit. "Not sure" I replied, placing then on the table and opening the letter. "Read it out loud. I want to know what it says" Phoenix insisted.

"To my queen

Please meet me in Magnolia Park next to the cherry trees at 6pm tonight

From Rogue"

Phoenix burst out laughing, falling off the chair. "He actually called you his queen. I can't believe it. You a queen. That would never happen" Phoenix laughed, rolling on the ground in laughter. Frosch just watched in confusion.

I looked over at the clock on the mantel piece and read it. 5:30. I stretched and picked up Frosch, grabbing my keys from the bowl next to the door and headed out, Phoenix following.

I reached the park at 5:57 and stood next to the trees, holding Frosch in my arms. Phoenix had gone into some shops and said she'd meet me at the edge of the park so I just waited with Frosch.

After a couple of minutes, Rogue walked out of the trees and stood in front of me. His face was paler than usual and he looked like he was sweating. "Umm hey my queen" he spoke, whispering the last part.

"What's with the queen name" I asked, tilting my head. He looked panicked and seemed to be frozen with his words before finally replying. "Never mind. I need to ask you something" he told me, pulling the neck of his top nervously.

I nodded but was confused why he couldn't ask me at the house. "Um. Starlight. I- ummmmm. I-i" he started, his hands moving around, searching pockets under his cape. "Are you alright" I asked as he broke out into an even worse sweat then before.